Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:39 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times

Advertisements

Trump has repeatedly said he'd repeal Obamacare on Day One. He vehemently repeated this during his campaign....over and over.

Now that the time is nigh, he's doing tweets to the effect that "the Dems need to own Obamacare...it's horrible."

Sounds like he's setting things up for an excuse not to repeal Obamacare, after all? Was he lying during his campaign (forsooth!)? Did he not understand what Obamacare is?

Is he going to repeal it, you think? That was a cornerstone of his candidacy and one of his biggest campaign promises.

If the Republicans repeal the mandatory provision, it would continue collapsing on its own, I think. But the govt's obligations would continue. You think that's the plan?

Old 01-05-2017, 07:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
You did not hear about the House & Senate already with bills for repeal, waiting for "The Donald" to take the Oath of Office.
That is what yesterday was all about, after the new congress was sworn in. Harry Reid melted away and is gone and they took the broom & wand away from Wicked Nancy Pelosi.

Defunding Obamacare is days away. The uninsured have been put on medicare and I do not see them being effected.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:53 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Lots of talk and calls for action about ObamaCare.

I think for as long as the Republicans have been calling to repeal ObamaCare, they should already have a plan in place. I called for this years ago. They should have been proactive in creating an alternative.

I also think they should not be the ones creating the main criteria for the new plan, because they are not the experts. They should interview doctors, hospital, insurers, and patients who have experience dealing with people in health care and see what the needs are and put something together.

I have no idea what Trump will do once he is worn in.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Trump has repeatedly said he'd repeal Obamacare on Day One. He vehemently repeated this during his campaign....over and over.

Now that the time is nigh, he's doing tweets to the effect that "the Dems need to own Obamacare...it's horrible."

Sounds like he's setting things up for an excuse not to repeal Obamacare, after all? Was he lying during his campaign (forsooth!)? Did he not understand what Obamacare is?
It is beginning to dawn to GOP and even Trump, that if they repeal, then they own the issues, and can't complain about it. They are far better at complaining than owning issues.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:03 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Maybe they're realizing complaining and governing are two different things. You think Donald's supporters are going to be happy when they lose coverage again? Is the hope that even if it's bad people will blame Democrats anyway? Seems stupid but I expect no less.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:05 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
It was no secret to voters in November that the Republicans wanted to repeal Obamacare.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:06 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

Is he going to repeal it, you think? That was a cornerstone of his candidacy and one of his biggest campaign promises.

If the Republicans repeal the mandatory provision, it would continue collapsing on its own, I think. But the govt's obligations would continue. You think that's the plan?
Obamacare is already collapsing on it's own without any repeal. (Note, I'm not against Obamacare)

What "mandatory" provision? They put such weak teeth and refused to implement it aggressively that young people didn't enroll so the whole thing is sinking because the sick sure did enroll.

Obamacare was a half-arsed attempt because they were afraid to anger young voters and was thus doomed to fail. Fear of political backlash doomed it from the start.

Lol....even Obama is trying to call it Trumpcare now.

Nobody is buying it, just like trying to blame the economy inherited from Bush (and Clinton, Bush Reagan) was Obama's fault.

Something drastic has to occur to Obamacare. Heck it WILL occur one way or another it seems.

Last edited by Mathguy; 01-05-2017 at 08:14 AM..

Old 01-05-2017, 08:09 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Pence has stated that Trump will use Executive Orders to defund ACA on day one, giving the Republicans six months to institute their plan, whatever that might be.

Republicans are chomping at the bit to repeal it as well. I was surprised that their first order of business was attempting to defang the Ethics Committee.

Let the good times roll.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You did not hear about the House & Senate already with bills for repeal, waiting for "The Donald" to take the Oath of Office.
That is what yesterday was all about, after the new congress was sworn in. Harry Reid melted away and is gone and they took the broom & wand away from Wicked Nancy Pelosi.

Defunding Obamacare is days away. The uninsured have been put on medicare and I do not see them being effected.
Repeal without a replacement of some sort would be political suicide, but hey some people are slow learners.

And what will be funded? Where did you get that, medicare, they are not on medicare.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:10 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lol....even Obama is trying to call it Trumpcare now.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Obama is suggesting that the upcoming Republican plan be called Trumpcare.

Hopefully, it will work out better than the various other endeavors with Trump attached to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies