Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 03:31 PM

45,337 posts, read 26,914,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
And yet atmospheric CO2 continues to climb.... https://robertscribbler.files.wordpr...ng?w=600&h=469 Don't you think that is a bit strange?

November 2015: 400.24 ppm

January 4, 2016: 402.20 ppm

November2016: 403.64 ppm

January 4, 2017: 405.20 ppm

https://www.co2.earth/
From the study I posted...

Global warming over vegetated land notably slowed since the start of the twenty-first century, while atmospheric CO2 concentrations continue to rise, providing an opportunity to test the relative roles of various processes in the enhancement of terrestrial carbon uptake, and examine the implications of enhanced carbon uptake for the growth rate of atmospheric CO2.

In other words - the researchers recognize the higher CO2 levels, but the God-made plants and oceans are absorbing higher levels of CO2. And the paragraph is saying that they will be watching how plants and oceans handle more and more CO2 absorption.

Not saying you are wrong, but you are not disputing anything I posted either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 03:33 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,205,738 times
We should try to stop polluting but not at the expense of industry.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:37 PM

20,615 posts, read 19,265,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
CO2 science is not science at all...It is a site dedicated to denying CO2's role in climate change.

That's not an argument. I don't believe in young earth creationists either. That does not mean they have not been able to repeatedly exposes the flaws in many evolutionary theories. Islam does a fine job in criticizing the flaws in Christianity, just like Christians do the same to them. They are fine critiques of each other.

Global warming alarmists have no idea what good CO2 levels are, and they have no way to prove that ice core samples are completely accurate. Global warming scientists have been caught lying and they conveniently define the community as those that largely agree. That is what often occurs in any field. That does not mean I do not want to promote carbon neutral and renewable energy. If we do not advance technology, it will hardly matter either way. We may however at least find that route easier if plants grow more easily. We may find ourselves able to grow bio-fuels more efficiently and more or less hold the line at some higher but not catastrophic CO2 level.

One fact I do know is carbon credits are a government created asset out of thin air, and it will be a debt absorbing sink hole even worse than real estate. The banks will gladly use it to secure loans. That is already a social disaster. So if you want to win me over, give me a plan to keep the finance industry out of it. Give me a plan that will not turn into a global form of oppression.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:40 PM

45,337 posts, read 26,914,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
That's not an argument. I don't believe in young earth creationists either. That does not mean they have not been able to repeatedly exposes the flaws in many evolutionary theories. Islam does a fine job in criticizing the flaws in Christianity, just like Christians do the same to them. They are fine critiques of each other.

Global warming alarmists have no idea what good CO2 levels are, and they have no way to prove that ice core samples are completely accurate. Global warming scientists have been caught lying and they conveniently define the community as those that largely agree. That is what often occurs in any field. That does not mean I do not want to promote carbon neutral and renewable energy. If we do not advance technology, it will hardly matter either way. We may however at least find that route easier if plants grow more easily. We may find ourselves able to grow bio-fuels more efficiently and more or less hold the line at some higher but not catastrophic CO2 level.

One fact I do know is carbon credits are a government created asset out of thin air, and it will be a debt absorbing sink hole even worse than real estate. The banks will gladly use it to secure loans. That is already a social disaster. So if you want to win me over, give me a plan to keep the finance industry out of it. Give me a plan that will not turn into a global form of oppression.
Amen to that.

Oh... am I allowed to say "amen" here, or is that too religious?

Old 01-05-2017, 03:51 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,857,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Plants appear to be trying to rescue us from climate change
Experts can't figure it out.

Later in the article, they claim people will be polluting faster, and plants will not be able to keep up. How do they know? Because they obviously do not have a clue about what the vegetation is doing now.

And of course, they mention that "climate change" is still happening... They have no clue.
Quote:
Regarding the bold... ... not happening.

Here's some more from the Berkley Lab if you want to look into it...

People think religion and science are at odds - not really. Because when the scientists are honest, like in this case, they admit they don't have a clue why this is occurring - which is OK. They should simply make observations, take further readings and honestly come to their conclusions.
Don't confuse their inability to provide a scientific explanation for there not being one. People have been using "god" as a catch-all explanation for things they don't understand for thousands and thousands of years. Humanity used to believe that sickness was a punishment from God because they didn't understand the science of viruses and microbes. They used to believe that earthquakes were from God because they didn't understand seismology or even know about the existence of tectonic plates.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
The whole cycle that is in play... we produce carbon dioxide, and plants absorb it... the plants produce oxygen and we take that in... that is straight from God. No man created that. It wasn't some random act of explosive creation. The scientists were able to see the process and explain it, but God implemented it.
Quote:
There's only One.

If you just think about this process alone. Who created that?

Surely something as precise as plant life and human/animal life sustaining each other through what they produce, simply by existing - was not commenced by accident, or by chance, but was actually designed by Someone.
You're right, it wasn't the result of some explosion, or random chance, or accident. It's the result of millions of years of hit-and-miss evolution and adaptation.

You're argument here is tant amount to looking at a pot hole after a thunderstorm and saying "look at how that hole perfectly accommodates the shape and depth of the rain water within it.... "magic"....

No, the pothole wasn't "created" for the puddle, the puddle adapted to the size and shape of the pot hole.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:58 PM

830 posts, read 680,317 times
Quote:
There's only One.

If you just think about this process alone. Who created that?

Surely something as precise as plant life and human/animal life sustaining each other through what they produce, simply by existing - was not commenced by accident, or by chance, but was actually designed by Someone.
Organisms -- that includes you and me and the tree outside -- don't exist to sustain each other. This can be seen very simply by understanding the fact that 99.9% of Earth's species have gone extinct.

As a suggestion, you won't be getting very far -- which is evident by this thread -- if you look at the cosmos by "think[ing] about process[es]" independent from everything else.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"as god doesn't exist"

When you make a claim, you have to prove it.
Those who are saying that God doesn't exist are not the ones making a claim. Belief in God is not natural; You aren't born believing in a God. It's something that is taught and learned.

Those who claim the existence of a God are the ones making the positive claim, therefore, it is them who own the obligation to prove it.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:10 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,269,302 times
4.5 billion years of earth.

Nearly 5 billion of species have existed.

Over 99% of these species have gone extinct.

Mathematically speaking, if you honestly believe you or humans as a whole have any say in what happens to us you have serious mental health issues.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:16 PM

33,508 posts, read 37,028,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

Here you go... Province of British Columbia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies