Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 07:54 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
As an engineer who spent 6 months looking for a job after college, I'd rather the country hire it's own engineers first.

We hire a lot of engineers and most of the US engineers just out of college are a real dissapointment. Based on sample size of 5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 08:04 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha you mean your fake news article wonders how a business can impose it's policies on users on its website who are free to deactivate or close their accounts at any time?

Hahaha the fact that 1.8 billion people(and growing) active users remain on FB nonetheless, means the website has become an integral part of their lives-and that's business genius on the part of Zuckerberg.

Hence, FB is now the 6th most valuable company traded on US stock exchanges, valued at $366.2 billion.

my pic

So for you to lavish praise Donald Trump's business 'accomplishments'( and downplay his sordid dealings) in another thread whilst accusing Zuckerberg of 'hypocrisy' here, is really quite ironic, no?
I thought you considered wealth to not be a factor of success?
Otherwise you'd be really impressed with Trump who is worth more than all previous presidents combined.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:14 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
We hire a lot of engineers and most of the US engineers just out of college are a real dissapointment. Based on sample size of 5
If American engineers are the problem, why not just design iPhones and airplanes in India?

Old 01-23-2017, 09:04 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
If American engineers are the problem, why not just design iPhones and airplanes in India?
I'd love to do that.
I personally think government should keep their hands out of the private sector. Let us work and build our products wherever it makes sense. Of course, I realize that facist republicans and commie democrats are never going to let this happen

Old 01-23-2017, 09:10 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
I'd love to do that.
I personally think government should keep their hands out of the private sector. Let us work and build our products wherever it makes sense. Of course, I realize that facist republicans and commie democrats are never going to let this happen
well,

Bill Gates said on his book Business @ the speed of thought --

Outsource every other function which adds only marginal value.. To focus on its core competency

Ultimately, if companies can exploit great talent at a better cost and most importantly savings can be passed on to the customers. outsourcing will and can stop.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:45 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
As an IT consultant that worked at various US operations big and small. I have almost 2 decades of experience and it's disheartening to see the changes that took place the last 10 years at the workplace.

Gone are the training centers that use to train college grads. HR orientation filled with college grads and watching them become productive Americans.

Today HR orientations is only in small batches and mainly done to fill paper work and watch the anti-sexual harassment or money laundering videos if you are in the industry. Training is no longer offered for work, the only training provided is how to use company internal automated processes.

Yet, if you fly over to India. All the who's who banks and tech companies are running huge compuses training Indians on how to speak business English, training them how to use and develop with our technology.

It's very disheartening to see because I'm less worried about my job but more worried about our kids and their future. An economy with limited American jobs because our government failed to improve our education system and safeguard our workers.

One of the biggest reason for our trade deficeit is because of entitlement spending by the previous administration, big companies and the rich not paying their fair share, and large outsourcing of jobs which lead to decline in tax revenue.

Mark Zuckerberg is part of that 1% that exploits job outsourcing and keeping tax revenue abroad in order to pay less taxes.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:03 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Mark Zuckerberg is part of that 1% that exploits job outsourcing and keeping tax revenue abroad in order to pay less taxes.
And Donald Trump is a 1 percenter who probably hasnt paid taxes in 30 years.

At least Mark Zuckerberg has pledged 99% of his 50-billion dollar fortune to charitable giving.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:10 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
He also agreed with Trump's more favorable assertions as well.
Quote:
My great grandparents came from Germany, Austria and Poland. Priscilla's parents were refugees from China and Vietnam. The United States is a nation of immigrants, and we should be proud of that.

Like many of you, I'm concerned about the impact of the recent executive orders signed by President Trump.
Mark Zuckerberg comes out against Donald Trump's immigration executive orders - Business Insider

Old 01-27-2017, 08:30 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
I'm not going to register with the site you linked to just to be able to read the article to see who is responsible for the error (you or the author), but the quote from the article that is part of your post is incorrect. Sandberg is not the CEO of Facebook, she is the COO.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:32 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Not in 2020, maybe someday in the much longer future. Zuckerberg is 32 years old, the age requirement is 35, he would have to announce running before his 35th birthday. He would just barely make the age requirement.

Zuckerberg is a registered Republican and he is too conservative despite his "liberal" "leanings on immigration. He was against the ACA and for the XL pipeline, just a couple things off the top of my head.

Maybe Zuckerberg will run 30 years from now or when the GOP comes back to easing up immigration policies. Zuckerberg could, maybe, be a decent candidate for governor of California and then later in life run for president.

The guy has a great work ethic and I think many millennials look up to him as a sort of role model for the generation. He could be a lot worse.
Still a Jew. Let him run in Israel.

Quote:
Haha you know the most disturbing part of this^ is that it still pales in comparison to the multi-generational moral failure that is Donald Trump. It's not even close.

Furthermore,
Mark Zuckerberg's net worth is 10 times greater than Donald Trump's but Zuckerberg has pledged to give away 99% of his wealth to charity during his lifetime.

Mark Zuckerberg giving away 99% of Facebook shares - Business Insider

Once again, very impressive.
Tax shelter. We'll not hold our breath beyond that.

Quote:
I find the anti-Zuck stuff from everyone on here a bit funny, especially given that Repubs are always complaining about class warfare against rich people.

But let me use Trump's logic and say that that Zuck is not a loser like most of you because he has more money than you. Pus, when you consider his age, he's much more of a winner.

Also, Dems have a lot of business figures who could step up and run. Not only Zuck, but many others. Most smart rich people know that being a Dem is smarter than being a nut case.
Still married a mediocre Asian with all those FB shares. Being a Dem is being an obese, pink-haired woman who got her first exercise in years last weekend. Not a winner. Sad.

Quote:
Well let's see if Trump isnt impeached or resigns before then.
Okay. Is Donald bombing Serbia? Iraq? Slumpbusting with another Monica? Do tell.

Quote:
And Donald Trump is a 1 percenter who probably hasnt paid taxes in 30 years.

At least Mark Zuckerberg has pledged 99% of his 50-billion dollar fortune to charitable giving.
Zuckerberg is just shifting shares to the initiative set up in his kid's name. Sounds kinds like the Bush-Clinton fund for Haiti or the Clinton foundation which did lots of...nothing. You tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies