Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 09:57 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So illegals can't walk into walmart and buy a prepaid card? They can't use pay pal to transfer money?
We'll just slap an "illegal" tax on all of those things.

It's probably a good idea to have a tax on all money transfers out of the country, no matter who makes them.

I don't mind paying such a tax.

It's the price we all have to pay for allowing our politicians to flood this country with illegals.

Let's face it -- a lot of this is our own fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 10:08 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We'll just slap an "illegal" tax on all of those things.

It's probably a good idea to have a tax on all money transfers out of the country, no matter who makes them.

I don't mind paying such a tax.

It's the price we all have to pay for allowing our politicians to flood this country with illegals.

Let's face it -- a lot of this is our own fault.
How do you do that? I have one for my son that is away at college. Do I get taxed extra for buying a prepaid card? Is the post office going to be searching every piece of mail that leaves the country to make sure no one is mailing cash, checks, or cards? Is walmart going to be responsible for checking immigration status on all people buying those cards? Is pay pal going to require documentation for every one of the millions of people that use it daily?

Yeah, good luck with that.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:15 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are the one lying. Even your own "politico" article says 36 miles of certain kind of barrier was built, while hundreds of miles of other kinds was erected. Why are you trying to pass the 36 as if it represented the full length of the barrier erected? Keep your lies to yourself
They are not "barriers." They are barriers only so politicians could claim it. Here is one for you.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:24 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Not really a shock to people with common sense, but this is a humiliating defeat after months of chest pounding and heated rhetoric for extremists who worship Trump.

For future reference, we dont have the authority to force a sovereign country to pay for anything. Welcome to the world.

Sources: Trump will ask Congress, not Mexico, to pay for border wall - CNNPolitics.com
Doubt it. Did you read this part:

"'The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!' Trump tweeted Friday."

George W Bush along with a Mexican Bank, the Mexican government and the US Federal Reserve arranged for Mexicans living in this country to easily send money to Mexico. Trump says it's about $24 billion annually. That's right, a Republican president did that. Look it up. It is called Directo a Mexico. Trump says Mexico has no safety net for its poor and needs that money. Meanwhile, the US economy tanked while all that money was flying out of the US to Mexico instead of being spent here.

Trump said he'll ask Mexico to pay for the wall. When they balk he will counter with an amendment to the law that allows people in this country to send money to Mexico. This would be an amendment to George W Bush's 31 CFR 130.121 that will be changed to redefine applicable financial institutions to include money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine "account" to include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule change would be a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States. Trump says he will tell Mexico, he'll tear up the proposed amendment if they pay for the wall. He says they will pay.

He said his other option will be to raise visa fees instead so my guess is he may get the money from Congress to go ahead with it right away but have the increase in visa fees repay for it. He has already said that would be more than enough.

I think his only mistake was announcing his strategies but I guess Candidate Trump had to silence the whining, "How are you going to get Mexico to pay for it?" so he said so while he was running..

Old 01-06-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How do you do that? I have one for my son that is away at college. Do I get taxed extra for buying a prepaid card?
Yes. Send your son a check for him to deposit in his bank account instead. If he's overseas, and you can't send him a check, then you'll pay a small tax. Big deal.

Anything going overseas gets taxed.

If it's in an envelope, then the tax takes the form of a higher priced stamp.

Oh, and I like the higher visa fees for Mexicans who want to visit the U.S. mentioned by Laura C above.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:30 AM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Hahaha

my pic

1,302 posts, read 683,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
They are not "barriers." They are barriers only so politicians could claim it. Here is one for you.

We can see the 120 millions of Mexicans trying to Cross it.

I also guess the Muslims Al Qaeda and ISIS terrorist are setling paramilitary training Camps for New Terrorists.....

Ok I get it, What really pisses off many of you is that with a border like that and with the horrible amount of Violence, Unemployment, Drugs, crime, that you are told that we have in Mexico by Fox NEWS, You feel almost humiliated for Mexicans not floding the Borders attempting to Cross to US. Somehow mexicans staying this side better tan trying to cross that side, tell you that you are worst. And the only way to deny such truth is by building a Wall most mexicans wouldn't like to cross, and thus you may have a claim that your side is so good that mexicans are restricted to the other side.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 01-06-2017 at 10:45 AM..

All this "Trump can't do this" and "Trump can't do that" stuff from the libs and other anti-Trumps reminds me of them saying "Trump can't win the nomination" and "Trump can't win the election."

LOL

I guess they're just going to keep doubling down on being wrong.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:32 AM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Doubt it. Did you read this part:

"'The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!' Trump tweeted Friday."

George W Bush along with a Mexican Bank, the Mexican government and the US Federal Reserve arranged for Mexicans living in this country to easily send money to Mexico. Trump says it's about $24 billion annually. That's right, a Republican president did that. Look it up. It is called Directo a Mexico. Trump says Mexico has no safety net for its poor and needs that money. Meanwhile, the US economy tanked while all that money was flying out of the US to Mexico instead of being spent here.

Trump said he'll ask Mexico to pay for the wall. When they balk he will counter with an amendment to the law that allows people in this country to send money to Mexico. This would be an amendment to George W Bush's 31 CFR 130.121 that will be changed to redefine applicable financial institutions to include money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine "account" to include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule change would be a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States. Trump says he will tell Mexico, he'll tear up the proposed amendment if they pay for the wall. He says they will pay.

He said his other option will be to raise visa fees instead so my guess is he may get the money from Congress to go ahead with it right away but have the increase in visa fees repay for it. He has already said that would be more than enough.

I think his only mistake was announcing his strategies but I guess Candidate Trump had to silence the whining, "How are you going to get Mexico to pay for it?" so he said so while he was running..
Yawns.

They can give the money to a citizen to send it for them.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
No one except the Trump haters ever thought Trump actually thought he would get the Mexican government to quite literally "pay for the wall." Most rational people understood Trump was speaking euphemistically.
A rational person would never have voted for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies