Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 08:30 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times

Advertisements

I believe Podesta. I don't think he was lying in his emails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 08:31 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The intel community is now apparently saying that the Russians provided the emails to Wikileaks, fwiw.

U.S. intel report identifies Russians who gave emails to WikiLeaks -officials
Again, they are not providing any evidence, they are still making CLAIMS.

The US government has been caught in numerous lies and illegal acts, they have no credibility.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:40 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
The CIA at first claimed that Benghazi was the result of a little known YouTube video. No one believed them and we were right not to.
Do I trust the CIA to tell the truth? I do when it is their favor to do so.
In the case of the emails?
They were caught with their pants down and had to make a guess who did it. Russians are always a good target because lets face facts, they tend to be dirty.
The media and the left have tried to deflect from the emails. Blame the messenger mentality.
Yeah maybe Johnny broke the window, but Joey is even worse because he smokes cigarettes. What Joey does has nothing to do with the window, but every kid tries to deflect. As parents we usually don't allow ourselves to be deflected from the obvious. In this case about half of us are more concerned with Joey smoking cigarettes than Johnny breaking the window.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:59 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Are we talking about the same intelligence people that have to answer to the politicians in power?

The same ones that told us about the Iraqi WMD's?

The same ones that have overthrown elected officials and replaced them with brutal dictatorships?

How could we possibly distrust them? We must be crazy to doubt them.....lol. #sarcasm

Old 01-06-2017, 01:11 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Are we talking about the same intelligence people that have to answer to the politicians in power?

The same ones that told us about the Iraqi WMD's?

The same ones that have overthrown elected officials and replaced them with brutal dictatorships?

How could we possibly distrust them? We must be crazy to doubt them.....lol. #sarcasm
Those are the ones.

Old 01-06-2017, 01:22 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,686,508 times
The American people have been lied to by so-called intelligence agencies so many times it is impossible to believe anything they say. The news media, especially network news, is just as bad if not worse. Someone tell them that another word for "spin" is lie.

Who can we trust? I was using DW, Berlin, and NHK, Japan as a reliable news source and now learned that DW is running a close second to our own tv news networks for failing to report news stories accurately or not at all.
In recent years it seems our most accurate news comes for sources like Wikileaks and people like Snowden.

All this hype about Russian hacking; even if they did hack just what damage did they do? Nothing, and like the US is a goody-two-shoes and doesn't hack any other countries? LOL. The election was fair and square. The problem is the elitists had set up HRC to win and instead she lost. They certainly had plans, their plans, for the country and now that's been changed. The news networks are in overdrive with the "Russians are coming" and we better believe the elitists have a purpose for doing so. Could it be the elitists and their puppets actually want war with Russia?

Old 01-06-2017, 01:56 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
I believe Wikileaks because they provide proof .I do not believe the CIA because they tend not to provide any proof.

The days I believe my government without proof are long behind me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies