Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 03:37 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No we're not.
Just read the post here on CD ,people are turning away daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 03:38 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
If you survived 8 years of Obama you will survive Trump ...
My goal is more ambitious that merely "surviving" the Orange Clown.

My goal is do my part in destroying his presidency ... and not succeeding in that, making sure it is the most difficult, frustrating, distracted 1 term administration in a century.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:58 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes we definitely need to pray that Donald Trump will be the steady hand every president before him has been.

That he may humble himself before the American people, and speak with respect and possess the temperance required to be a leader, that he may be an example to and defender of the hopes and dreams of the millions of young people soon to be under his stewardship.

That when he speaks, may he remember that he speaks as the voice of a nation, that his words may inspire us and that in times of strife, may his voice call us back together as one nation, under God.

Grant him a loving heart, wisdom, knowledge and patience.

Grant him the strength to fulfill his duties, the ability to meet each challenge and character to always choose the right.

That integrity be his compass and compassion his guide

In Jesus' name we pray.

All of this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is what I want from and for our next president.

People here act like his primary objective is to stick it to people you dont like. How is our country supposed to come together if he spends all his time exacting revenge?

Good post. And I join you in your prayers and wishes for the upcoming president, and well-being for our country and its residents. Somehow I don't believe Trump's mission is to exact revenge on anyone, but to do what he can to make our country prosperous again, and to restore our role as a respected leader in this world. We will see.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:14 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I'm good with dudette.

But it look's like I'm a childish one for I completely agree with Obama that anti-Muslim rhetoric IS a "potent recruitment tool" for ISIS. Wonder if thinking that makes me petulant too? Time for the thought-police?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You don't get it. Muslims, as a group, hate the West. If you think by talking nicely and coddling the extremists will put an end it ISIS, then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell to you. Or, if you prefer a bridge in Brooklyn, I can sell you that one, too
Who said anything about extremists?

Old 01-09-2017, 04:20 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
My goal is more ambitious that merely "surviving" the Orange Clown.

My goal is do my part in destroying his presidency ... and not succeeding in that, making sure it is the most difficult, frustrating, distracted 1 term administration in a century.
No. Please no. We've had enough of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Good post. And I join you in your prayers and wishes for the upcoming president, and well-being for our country and its residents. Somehow I don't believe Trump's mission is to exact revenge on anyone, but to do what he can to make our country prosperous again, and to restore our role as a respected leader in this world. We will see.
Thank you. I'll join in too.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:23 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I didn't vote for him either, but it is what it is. I'll live. And so will you.
Exactly. I wasn't a fan of either candidate. I wasn't a fan of Obama either, but it certainly didn't prevent me from getting up everyday and being productive member of society. I mean really people get a grip, just exactly how is your daily life going to change because Trump is now president.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:30 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
And you know, I've just read only the first page of responses, and I can say this, among many other things, is why the OP feels the way he does.

Orange Man has unleashed the hatefulness of his followers on the world...
Disgusting.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:32 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
No kidding!

I'm just glad we have a President who won't be going to war against white people who have a shared of nationalism in them.

So unpredictable!
No, he will be inciting war with other countries because of his harsh, uncouth, and unrestrained mouth.
I am white, but all this "white people nationalism" is just, in my opinion, the last death rattles of a bunch of angry old white men and their minions who are just now realizing it won't be long until they are going to be the minority.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:33 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post

Orange Man has unleashed the hatefulness of his followers on the world...
Disgusting.
Calls Trump "Orange Man" and than proceeds to whine about the hatefulness of his followers.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
And what proof do you have that it won't?
Well, clearly, yours will come to an end about 12:01 pm on the 20th.

Most of the rest of us will go merrily on our way.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies