Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 09:26 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It could be that Bayrock and Deutsche Bank have interests other than financial in Mr. Trump.

Though Tump has refused to release almost any substantive financial information about himself, the information on who is bankrolling him has been out there for a while. A quick Google search turns up:

"Trump's other partner on the project was the Bayrock Group, based in Trump Tower, which was controlled by a former Soviet official and Kazakh named Tevfik Arif."

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...iness-partners

"While many big banks have shunned him, Deutsche Bank AG has been a steadfast financial backer of the Republican presidential candidate’s business interests. Since 1998, the bank has led or participated in loans of at least $2.5 billion to companies affiliated with Mr. Trump, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of public records and people familiar with the matter.

That doesn’t include at least another $1 billion in loan commitments that Deutsche Bank made to Trump-affiliated entities."

When Donald Trump Needs a Loan, He Chooses Deutsche Bank - WSJ

"There's no better example of this than the $364 million Trump owes the struggling Deutsche Bank, which is staggering under fierce pressure from US financial regulators who want the bank to pay for its misdeeds during the run-up to the 2008 mortgage crisis. (Trump is in a real estate partnership that borrowed $950 million from a group of banks including a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank and the state-owned Bank of China.)"

Trump Has a Huge Foreign Bank Problem | Mother Jones

Trump
"It could be"

And that is ALL you and your cohorts have.

After how badly the media did in predicting and so-called "reporting" in this last election, I am surprised, not actually, many have the gall to even post articles written by them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 11:23 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, you believe EVERY article you read in a newspaper?
Do you not believe any article in a newspaper?

Old 01-07-2017, 11:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Meet the new Trump, same as the old Trump.

Great optics for the incoming president, yes?

"Companies responsible for plumbing, electrical work, baseboards and crown molding in the 263-room hotel filed liens during the closing months of 2016 claiming they have not been paid more than $5 million dollars they are owed for the work."

Contractors file liens against Trump D.C. hotel for unpaid labor - UPI.com
this is more a suit against against the company itself; Do you do anything other than spend time on blogs seeing what you can post about bad Trump? At least a handful of you are keeping the board entertaining with your constant over the top postings. BTW did you know anyone can sue, winning is quite another thing.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Are you sure Trump will pay? The stories I have heard over the years about him in regard to paying his bills are not that pretty.
anyone can tell any story they want and many are made up. Proving is another story. I think most of us can agree he is not a very well liked person or a very nice person, but let's see what kind of a president he will be? Clinton is not a very nice person or well liked either.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:35 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
So, you believe EVERY article you read in a newspaper?

No,I believe when the artical has facts to back up what they print .The question is why don't you ?

Old 01-07-2017, 11:36 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,902,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I was construction manager on several YUUUUGE civil works projects. There are always disputes and disagreements over performance, but they don't usually get to the point where the owner (or contractors) is actually sued.
That's my experience in construction management as well. It's usually a last resort because contractors want to work on future projects with the client as well. Repeat business is important, as you don't waste overhead going to bid on projects with people you have no relationships with.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
"It could be"

And that is ALL you and your cohorts have.

After how badly the media did in predicting and so-called "reporting" in this last election, I am surprised, not actually, many have the gall to even post articles written by them.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:49 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,648,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this is more a suit against against the company itself; Do you do anything other than spend time on blogs seeing what you can post about bad Trump? At least a handful of you are keeping the board entertaining with your constant over the top postings. BTW did you know anyone can sue, winning is quite another thing.
I quite agree on some of the over-the-top postings. It's coming hard from both sides.

So, I live in the DC area and, of course, my RAG is the WaPo, which I know if heavily criticized here because they do not support Trump. Yet, they do still manage to put out some facts, which are not lies, because I do happen to be familiar with one of the companies cited.

So from today's Post, there is an article about this. You are correct in that the suit or lien is against a company and not Trump. Here are some quotes from it:

Quote:
Workers from AES Electrical went all out to make sure Donald Trump could open his luxury hotel on the day he wanted. In the frenzied final 6 weeks of work at the hotel...AES claims it assigned 45 staff members to work 12 hour shifts for nearly 50 days to get the lighting, electrical, and fire systems prepared on time.

...There is a lot of work that went into that hotel and it didn't happen by accident.

The hotel was ready enough that on Sept. 16, Trump held a campaign event there...He touted the hotel as having been completed "under budget and ahead of schedule"...

But at the same time the Trump Org and its construction manager, Lendlease, stopped paying AES. Three days before Christmas AES filed a mechanic's lien with teh DC government alleging that it was out almost $2.1 million.

The owner of AES considered not discussing this issue publicly because he does not want to make a political issue of it. AES had a $17M contract with the Trumps and all but the final $2M has been paid. The majority of that final work was done in the last 45 days bofore the hotel opened and it required a tremendous amount of manpower and effort on our part to get that done because it was a crunch to get the hotel open. He said he did not want the company, family-owned and founded 32 years ago to have to eat the cost.

We're not in this for any sort of political reasons. We have no ax to grind, political or otherwise. We're a business. We have 700 employees that we pay every week. We have bills. We are effectively financing this work and we don't think it's right. That's really it.
I read the article in the Post but can't access the online version. Another link here to the same story: Trump hotel

Old 01-08-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Do you not believe any article in a newspaper?
I have been involved in 3 incidents in my life that "made the paper".

ALL 3 had the facts so screwed up, I didn't even recognize the incidents.

To answer your question, No I do NOT believe any SINGLE story in ANY newspaper.

If I am interested in a particular story I check multiple sources to see how the story is written.

You would be surprised how the same story can sound 18 degrees different when written by multiple papers.

I haven't found a paper yet that is NOT biased.

Once you know which way they "swing", you can read a lot between the lines.

It is NOT always WHAT they say but, how they say it and what they do NOT say in the story.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
anyone can tell any story they want and many are made up. Proving is another story. I think most of us can agree he is not a very well liked person or a very nice person, but let's see what kind of a president he will be? Clinton is not a very nice person or well liked either.
"I think most of us can agree he is not a very well liked person or a very nice person,"

I am so sick and tired of people like you TRYING to tell others what "most of us can agree" on.

What in the world makes you think you are so smart that you KNOW what we think.

You certainly did NOT ask any of us.

"he is not a very well liked person or a very nice person,"

I have read just the OPPOSITE from people who have ACTUALLY been around him.

Have you?

How much time have you spent with him?

Now is your time to put or or please, PLEASE SHUT UP.

The childish whining and crying is getting old.

It is time to grow up and like the adult you claim to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies