Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 02:04 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Coming from the same people who put a racist in the white house, I have to say I am shocked! Truly shocked! /rollseyes
You're referring to Dems' who put Obama in the White House --- right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 02:04 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
He truly cannot help himself. He even went after Arnold Schwarzenegger, who did nothing to him. That's why the very idea of a "unity" speech is so ridiculous.
I keep hoping, though...

Old 01-06-2017, 02:07 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
I feel previously, Trump was reacting more to a hostile media against him unnecessarily.

Hence, he might not have cared at the time about unity.

But he has shown that he can be conciliatory, for example he was very forgiving and professional towards Clinton after their bitter debates.

So it's time to look forward and let Trump have his chance at unifying America, something Obama bungled horribly.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:08 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I feel previously, Trump was reacting more to a hostile media against him unnecessarily.

Hence, he might not have cared at the time about unity.

But he has shown that he can be conciliatory, for example he was very forgiving and professional towards Clinton after their bitter debates.

So it's time to look forward and let Trump have his chance at unifying America, something Obama bungled horribly.
I was getting there, to what you are saying, but damn that New Year's tweet...

Old 01-06-2017, 02:09 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,702 times
Quote:
It doesn't get any funnier really. Trump went on an "In your face, gloating tour" after the election where he went city to city mocking half the country, followed by attacking U.S. Intelligence in favor of his best buddy Putin and his childish New Years tweet. Trump supporters have been the worst "winners" the country has ever seen post election and as divided as the country became in 2016, it appears it will only get worse. Now his inaugural speech will be about unity? Seriously? It's like we are living in some insane satire.

Trump to Stress Unity in Inaugural Speech, Aide Says

Trump to Stress Unity in Inaugural Speech, Aide Says | RealClearPolitics
He will be judged by his ACTIONS going forward, not his words, at what I expect will be the lowest attended inaugural event in quite some time, and right now his actions are not that of a unifier, but of a thin skinned adolescent, with a nasty disposition, towards all who do not bend the knee to King Donny.

So count me as a severe skeptic and I think there will be more unity on display when the ladies show up on January 21st to take their case to the nation.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:09 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
He certainly has a big job ahead of him because his predecessor did such an excellent job of tearing it apart.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:26 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
You're referring to Dems' who put Obama in the White House --- right?
Sorry, "let me be clear..." “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,”

Yes.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:41 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Sorry, "let me be clear..." “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,”

Yes.
And if Trayvon had looked like Trump's son's he would be alive today.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:42 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
I want to see the unity of Mrs. Clinton and an orange jump suit...
Bought into another of Trump's empty promises, eh?

Old 01-06-2017, 02:45 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,032 times
Quote:
It doesn't get any funnier really. Trump went on an "In your face, gloating tour" after the election where he went city to city mocking half the country, followed by attacking U.S. Intelligence in favor of his best buddy Putin and his childish New Years tweet. Trump supporters have been the worst "winners" the country has ever seen post election and as divided as the country became in 2016, it appears it will only get worse. Now his inaugural speech will be about unity? Seriously? It's like we are living in some insane satire.

Trump to Stress Unity in Inaugural Speech, Aide Says

Trump to Stress Unity in Inaugural Speech, Aide Says | RealClearPolitics

Unity as long as you agree with the Donald. If not, ridicule and disparagement like the union guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies