Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 10:37 PM

636 posts, read 390,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Illinois requires 4 years of gym to graduate high school, including at least one year of swimming in schools with swimming pools.
So did various schools that I went to.
Our classes were about 30 people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 10:46 PM

88,613 posts, read 44,324,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
So did various schools that I went to.
Our classes were about 30 people.
In a high school that has an enrollment of thousands of students, all of which had to take 4 years of Physical Ed to graduate? Sorry, no. Under the requirements I've listed, there are hundreds of students in the gym locker/shower room each class period.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:42 PM

36,979 posts, read 40,955,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
In a high school that has an enrollment of thousands of students, all of which had to take 4 years of Physical Ed to graduate? Sorry, no. Under the requirements I've listed, there are hundreds of students in the gym locker/shower room each class period.
Few high schools even have real PE any more, much less four years of it.

Standard High School Graduation Requirements (50-state)

Nope, I do not buy it. There is no way there are going to be "hundreds" of students in a single locker room at one time. It would be impossible for P.E. teachers to supervise that.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:51 PM

636 posts, read 390,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Standard High School Graduation Requirements (50-state)

Nope, I do not buy it. There is no way there are going to be "hundreds" of students in a single locker room at one time. It would be impossible for P.E. teachers to supervise that.
According to this chart
https://nces.ed.gov/pubs2001/overview/table05.asp

The highest average high school size is the state of Hawaii with about 1500 students.
So, let's say that 2000 is a pretty big high school
Let's also say that students have gym class 2-3 times per week. So, 2.5
That means that (2000/2.5) 800 students per day have gym.
High schools usually have 7 periods so (800/7) 114 would be about the biggest gym class.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:26 AM

36,979 posts, read 40,955,833 times
Quote:
According to this chart
https://nces.ed.gov/pubs2001/overview/table05.asp

The highest average high school size is the state of Hawaii with about 1500 students.
So, let's say that 2000 is a pretty big high school
Let's also say that students have gym class 2-3 times per week. So, 2.5
That means that (2000/2.5) 800 students per day have gym.
High schools usually have 7 periods so (800/7) 114 would be about the biggest gym class.
However, you have to subtract those who are absent for one reason or another, those who are on sports teams and work out and practice with the team rather than participating in P.E., those with disabilities that prevent them from being able to participate, those whose P.E. class on a particular day is a "health" class and they do not dress out. By now the number using the locker rooms is below a hundred. Divide that by two and you have less than 50 students in each room, not "hundreds".

The current estimate is that 0.6% of the US population is transgender. That would be 12 kids in our hypothetical school of 2000 students. Using your scenario, a maximum of about 5 would have gym on any given day. Not all of them will be living as their preferred gender. Most of the other kids would never even come in contact with any of them in the locker room.

I also suspect that schools with extremely large enrollments also have more locker rooms, not just two ginormous ones.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:46 AM

30,159 posts, read 23,545,197 times
Well, I tried to give that video a fair shot, but as soon as someone says "there's more than two genders" I can no longer take them seriously. No, there is not. There is male and female. The end.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:15 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,897,206 times
Quote:

I'll try again

Why do you think this has anything to do with "authentic gender"?
Women are a type of person who grows up knowing that it is optional to give birth. Men who grow up thinking they want to be women never have the concept of giving birth because it's simply not an option. Women are women, and men are men. Nothing with change that.

Men cannot be women through surgery and hormones. They simply lack the innate identity of 'female'.

I think it's an offence against women for men to put forth that they can be women through surgery and hormone pills. It's like suggesting that women are men except for the outer shell ... which is ludicrous.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:31 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,897,206 times
Quote:
How does it infringe on anyone else's rights? The folks (mostly males, it seems) who are so bent out of shape about transgender women using bathrooms and locker rooms seem to think that transgender women love to parade around in the nude and display male genitalia.

I have never seen anyone in a public restroom parading around nude, and my experience with locker rooms is that women change in the toilet cubicles. They do not parade around nude there, either.

The one case mentioned earlier was a person in a sauna, and if anyone saw her it was because the person looking was invading the privacy of the one in the sauna.

I clean the bathroom at DH's office. Unfortunately, that situation is very true. Also unfortunately, it is a unisex facility. That means females have to deal with it.

I think you will find most transgender women sit to pee, even if they have not had surgery.

Nope, that is just where the science leads today. Their natal sex might be one thing and their brains tell them their gender is different. There is no psychotherapy that will change their gender identity.

That is your opinion. There is no evidence that transgender people are dangerous to children. They are transgender, not pedophiles. Conflating the two just demonstrates ignorance.
This is about the bold comment above.
I think either you have the wrong understanding, or you prefer to ignore the obvious.

This about ensuring that men, regardless of identity, are not in the female locker room when women and daughters are changing into swim suits. No one expects the fraud to parade around nude, but no one is comfortable with a faux man-woman in a women's room.

Women have a right to privacy in the bathroom from men, and men who identify as women through wearing women's clothing and resorting to medical surgeries for breasts.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:55 AM

88,613 posts, read 44,324,456 times
Quote:
BS. From where do you think they draw their sports teams? Furthermore, do you have any idea how many kids go to college on sports scholarships because they excelled at sports in high school?

Quote:
Illinois law mandates daily Physical Education for grades K-12. Daily. Every year. High schools in Chicago and the highly populated suburbs do indeed have thousands of students enrolled. The Physical Education department frequently has 10+ full-time physical education teachers on staff. The school my kids went to has 17. You do the math as to how many kids have PE each class period.

Yes, hundreds of kids in the open multiple occupancy gym locker/shower room each class period. Throw an opposite anatomical gender student into the mix with inadequate privacy for all the hundreds of students, and that's a problem. These are MINORS.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:16 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,426,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
This is about the bold comment above.
I think either you have the wrong understanding, or you prefer to ignore the obvious.

This about ensuring that men, regardless of identity, are not in the female locker room when women and daughters are changing into swim suits. No one expects the fraud to parade around nude, but no one is comfortable with a faux man-woman in a women's room.

Women have a right to privacy in the bathroom from men, and men who identify as women through wearing women's clothing and resorting to medical surgeries for breasts.
What about a teen born female, admitted lesbian yet really doesn't identify as male or female? Where should this person change for gym class? I've never gotten an answer to this question. It seems people are more afraid of XY who identify as female, which is odd to me because most genetically male transgender people I've met have been so non-threatening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies