Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 10:54 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The student did so until he graduated. There's an ongoing lawsuit against the federal government and the school district over this. Schools have an 'in loco parentis' duty to take on some of the functions and responsibilities of a parent of a minor student. Forcing minor students to submit to exposure by a member of the opposite anatomical sex and/or forcing minor students to expose themselves to a member of the opposite anatomical sex against the parents' and/or minor students' will/s is a violation of that responsibility.

LGBT SJWs pushed way too far on this, and there will be a negative backlash that hurts both LGBTs and Democrats. I've posted two different polls. In one, 77% of those age 30+ are opposed to letting students use facilities of their choice regardless of their actual physical anatomical sex. In the other, 70% are opposed.

LGBTs stand to lose a lot of ground on the acceptance they've gained over the years because of this issue. But that's their choice.
I can agree with you on the school issue as long as schools accommodate trans students other then forcing them to use the restroom or locker-room that they do not identify as. As far as the a push back against the gains of the LGBT movement. There will be known. Many of the negative opinions on trans individuals are no different then what was once of the gay/ bisexual community. Just look at the support they have gotten in NC due to HB2, by Corporate America, Big Entertainment and Big Sports. Texas by the way is putting forth a similar bill except it only applies to female transgender. Male transgender individuals get a pass to use any restroom of choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 11:05 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I can agree with you on the school issue as long as schools accommodate trans students other then forcing them to use the restroom or locker-room that they do not identify as.
Like I said the anatomically male student who said he is a girl was given private gym locker/shower room facilities. He rejected that accommodation and insisted on changing/showering in the girls' multiple occupancy open locker/shower room. And the Obama Admin made every public school in the country aware that they'd have to allow the same or lose their federal funding.

Quote:
As far as the a push back against the gains of the LGBT movement. There will be known [sic].
You mean none? Think again. Very carefully. 2 different polls. 77% and 70%, respectively, oppose letting students use the restroom/locker/shower room of their choice regardless of their physical anatomical sex.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Like I said the anatomically male student who said he is a girl was given private gym locker/shower room facilities. He rejected that accommodation and insisted on changing/showering in the girls' multiple occupancy open locker/shower room. And the Obama Admin made every public school in the country aware that they'd have to allow the same or lose their federal funding.

You mean none? Think again. Very carefully. 2 different polls. 77% and 70%, respectively, oppose letting students use the restroom/locker/shower room of their choice regardless of their physical anatomical sex.
I do not think you and I are far apart on the school situation. What ever directive Obama may have put in place can be reversed by the coming of Mr Trump. Eventually it may be decided by the courts.
As far as push-back, I took that as the LGBT community as a whole losing rights that they have gained. That will not happen.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I do not think you and I are far apart on the school situation. What ever directive Obama may have put in place can be reversed by the coming of Mr Trump. Eventually it may be decided by the courts.
As far as push-back, I took that as the LGBT community as a whole losing rights that they have gained. That will not happen.
If LGBT SJWs don't reverse course on the school restroom/locker/shower room issue, there WILL be a negative backlash. Just read this thread. The LGBT SJWs in this thread have dug in their heels. It's their choice to lose all the gains they've made.

Figuratively speaking... You want to bite your own nose off to spite your face? That's on you.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
If LGBT SJWs don't reverse course on the school restroom/locker/shower room issue, there WILL be a negative backlash. Just read this thread. The LGBT SJWs in this thread have dug in their heels. It's their choice to lose all the gains they've made.

Figuratively speaking... You want to bite your own nose off to spite your face? That's on you.
Little too dramatic for me. Maybe you could further explain the negative backlash, other then a little hollering or screaming?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Little too dramatic for me. Maybe you could further explain the negative backlash, other then a little hollering or screaming?
I don't need to. It's already present in the 2016 election results. Get ready to see Dems lose more Senate seats in 2018.

It's almost like LGBTs are trying to hand the GOP everything. But, again... that's their choice.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:17 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
So can I apply for a job at Victoria's Secret telling them I really feel like a woman and end up getting paid to size women's breasts?? Hell, I'd be happy to learn everything there is to bras and women's undergarments!
Are you going to live and dress - including wearing a bra yourself - as a woman when you are not working?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Are you going to live and dress - including wearing a bra yourself - as a woman when you are not working?
Why would that matter? Do the male students infiltrating girls' school locker/shower rooms wear bras when they're not in school?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:26 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Why would that matter? Do the male students infiltrating girls' school locker/shower rooms wear bras when they're not in school?
If they are transgender they do. You really do need to get over the idea that a transgender girl is just pretending so she can ogle the other girls in a locker room or display male genitalia to them.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:32 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Illinois is in the minority. Many states have no P.E. requirement at all, some have only a half to one semester hour, of which all or half is "health" instruction.

Varsity sports teams do not practice during P.E. The team members do not have the same class schedules. They practice outside of class hours, usually after school.
As of the 2015-16 school year 44 states required PE for high school graduation. While a few of those 44 only required one semester most required two or more semesters. Of those 44 states nine states, including Illinois, required PE every year of high school including three which require 225 minutes/week every year. Many of those states do allow students to substitute extra curricular activities that require physical activity for in-class PE. Regardless, the majority of students will at some point need to be in a locker room.

Quote:
Your "opposite anatomical gender" student is no threat to the other students in the classroom. The transgender girl just wants to be treated like a girl. What do you think is going to happen? Why would you even accept a locker room with "inadequate privacy"? Do Illinois locker rooms have the toilets out in the middle of the room?

Honestly, folks, the transgender girl is going to be asking for hair styling and makeup tips, not assaulting her classmates or displaying her genitalia.
Maybe they are afraid what happened in Virginia, Minnesota will happen:
http://www.adfmedia.org/files/Privac...sComplaint.pdf

The part that bothers me the most is that they opened the boy's locker room for the biological girls to use that felt uncomfortable with being in a locker room with a biological male and then the transgender child chose to start going there. It seems that the transgender child was purposely trying to make at least one of the biological girls uncomfortable and was sexually harassing her, bullying her, and encouraging others to join in bullying her. As an educator I know that had the transgender child been a biological girl who engaged in the exact same behavior concerning another female student, as was claimed in the lawsuit, the student would have been disciplined, possibly suspended or expelled.

This is an issue that even parents who theoretically agree with it still struggle with when it involves their own children. Even in Liberal Communities, Transgender Bathroom Laws Worry Parents

Quote:
Girls from a swim team in New York City’s Upper West Side are too scared to use the women’s locker room at a Parks Department swimming pool. In March, a sign appeared noting that everyone has the the right to use the restroom or locker room consistent with their “gender identity or gender expression.” Around the same time, the girls, who range in age from about seven to 18, became concerned after they saw a “bearded individual” in the women’s changing room.

They are now using the family changing room to change in and out of their swimsuits, but it is not big enough for all 18 girls.
Quote:
According to one mother of a swim team member, Ellen Vandevort, her daughter was just leaving the locker room in late April when a person who was bald, with heavy stubble and a towel at waist level, stepped out of the shower. Her daughter and the younger girls on the team, says Vandevort, grew alarmed and reported it to the swim coach who suggested that the girls change in the family shower room.

An employee at the center who spoke on condition of anonymity says the individual using the locker room appears to present as a man—wearing swim shorts or trunks to swim, with sideburns going down into a beard—which is partly what alarms the girls and their parents. Staff members have also been warned that asking individuals to prove their gender identity would be discriminatory. “Our hands are tied,” the worker said.”We can’t say anything about it.”

The sign posted outside the locker room in March that affirmed the right of anyone to use the facility that corresponds with their gender identity also noted that “individuals cannot be asked to show identification, medical documentation or any other form of proof or verification of gender” and that anybody “who abuses this policy to assault, harass, intimidate, or otherwise interfere with an individual’s rights” can be prosecuted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies