Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 12:38 PM

4,771 posts, read 3,275,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't need to. It's already present in the 2016 election results. Get ready to see Dems lose more Senate seats in 2018.

It's almost like LGBTs are trying to hand the GOP everything. But, again... that's their choice.
First time I am hearing LGBT issues had anything to do with the 2016 election other then the Governor of NC that signed HB2 into law. He cared about bathrooms so much he was willing to drop the bathroom part of the bill in order to keep the NBA All Star game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 12:47 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,819,217 times
Couldn't care less what people want to call themselves or be called. I generally find people who complain about things other people do that has no effect on them far, far more annoying than people who call themselves some random name/thing/gender. People need to mind their own business.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:51 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,521,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As of the 2015-16 school year 44 states required PE for high school graduation. While a few of those 44 only required one semester most required two or more semesters. Of those 44 states nine states, including Illinois, required PE every year of high school including three which require 225 minutes/week every year. Many of those states do allow students to substitute extra curricular activities that require physical activity for in-class PE. Regardless, the majority of students will at some point need to be in a locker room.

Maybe they are afraid what happened in Virginia, Minnesota will happen:
http://www.adfmedia.org/files/Privac...sComplaint.pdf

The part that bothers me the most is that they opened the boy's locker room for the biological girls to use that felt uncomfortable with being in a locker room with a biological male and then the transgender child chose to start going there. It seems that the transgender child was purposely trying to make at least one of the biological girls uncomfortable and was sexually harassing her, bullying her, and encouraging others to join in bullying her. As an educator I know that had the transgender child been a biological girl who engaged in the exact same behavior concerning another female student, as was claimed in the lawsuit, the student would have been disciplined, possibly suspended or expelled.

This is an issue that even parents who theoretically agree with it still struggle with when it involves their own children. Even in Liberal Communities, Transgender Bathroom Laws Worry Parents
A great way to get your own private locker room.

The man, presenting as a man, feels uncomfortable going into the men's room; therefore, all the girls are now uncomfortable in the women's locker room.

My GUESS is that if he presented as a woman, it wouldn't have been an issue.

I believe the vast majority of male sexual predators are not going to present themselves as women.

I also don't believe true transsexuals are going to be the problem. The problem will be men, presenting as men, using this issue to gain access. Transsexuals aren't the problem.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I also don't believe true transsexuals are going to be the problem. The problem will be men, presenting as men, using this issue to gain access. Transsexuals aren't the problem.
This is true, but honestly... how big of a problem is this really going to be. We didn't have laws in place before, everyone used the honor system and it has worked just fine for hundreds if not thousands of years. And men intent on being predators don't need to dress as a woman to get in the bathroom, it isn't like there are armed guards and security, they can already just f**king walk in. There is no magical barrier on women's bathrooms that keeps out anyone not wearing a dress...

The whole thing is a giant tempest in a tiny teapot.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:17 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Should we allow...

Who are you to allow or disallow something that has no impact on you?

Old 01-09-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Who are you to allow or disallow something that has no impact on you?
They are nanny-staters they just like to pretend they aren't.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:19 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,521,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
This is true, but honestly... how big of a problem is this really going to be. We didn't have laws in place before, everyone used the honor system and it has worked just fine for hundreds of years. And men intent on being predators don't need to dress as a woman to get in the bathroom, it isn't like there are armed guards and security, they can already just f**king walk in. There is no magical barrier on women's bathrooms that keeps out anyone not wearing a dress...

The whole thing is a giant tempest in a tiny teapot.
My issue has been a few laws that essentially prevented a business owner or employee from verifying that a suspicious person is not a potential predator. This was the case with Houston's HERO ordinance.

In the past it always seemed that the transgendered people used the restroom for which the visually presented and it wasn't really a problem.

It seems to me that the issues began when "protection" laws started to appear and then the push back laws from states like NC made things even worse.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:22 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
The whole concept of "gender identity" (i.e. Sex Change politics) is indecent, obscene and depraved. It's a celebration of wanton degeneracy and a greasy, ass-smelling, microbe-laden middle finger in the face of nature.

Sounds like you should absolutely, positively never undergo gender reassignment surgery, then.

There. Glad I could sort that out for you.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It seems to me that the issues began when "protection" laws started to appear and then the push back laws from states like NC made things even worse.
Agreed, it wasn't even on the RADAR for 99.9% of people till conservative theocrats decided they needed some new laws (yuck more laws, we desperately need to be getting rid of bad laws not making new ones - yet another reason R's can't be trusted as the party of "small government") that they assumed would be red meat for their base. The push back from those shortsighted laws is what spawned the controversy. It was never even an issue till that point, and they have been eating crow ever since.

Also, we already have laws covering indecent exposure, rape, murder, assault, peeping, kidnapping, sexual assault, and sexual harassment. I think that pretty much covers the gamut of nefarious activities a predator can get up to inside a bathroom.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 01-09-2017 at 01:44 PM..

Old 01-09-2017, 02:01 PM

Adding one more thing: These types of laws always come from people who believe in "preventative" laws. Pet peeve of mine, can't stand the mindset.

That is to say, we make thing X (which is not innately harmful) illegal because sometimes it can lead to people doing thing Y (which is harmful). Same logic used to ban soft drinks, alcohol, and drugs. Well, those kinds of laws are bull****, sorry. For something to be illegal it should have to demonstrate tangible harm to a victim. That is why I say the laws we have are good enough: If a man is in the bathroom peeping we have laws against that. If a man is in the bathroom with his young daughter helping her out, or in drag in a stall using the bathroom, or hell was about to have an emergency but the men's bathroom was full - those should not be the end of the world for people. Anything truly bad he could do is already illegal, adding more red tape laws is almost never the answer.

Should be apparent to people on all sides:

Make guns illegal cause murder is bad
Make soda illegal cause we have too many fat people
Make drugs illegal cause sometimes people on drugs commit other crimes
Make cars illegal cause sometimes people are negligent and cause wrecks

You can use the logic on just about anything, which is why it is terrible logic that causes a ton of problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies