Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 02:07 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
This is true, but honestly... how big of a problem is this really going to be. We didn't have laws in place before, everyone used the honor system and it has worked just fine for hundreds if not thousands of years. And men intent on being predators don't need to dress as a woman to get in the bathroom, it isn't like there are armed guards and security, they can already just f**king walk in. There is no magical barrier on women's bathrooms that keeps out anyone not wearing a dress...

The whole thing is a giant tempest in a tiny teapot.
LOL I always say exactly this!

What stops men now from being pervs?? Absolutely nothing. Unfortunately women find hidden cameras in bathrooms and dressing rooms and stuff too frequently. A man can walk into a women's room and no one can really stop him. A woman can walk into a men's room and nothing can stop her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 02:09 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
LOL I always say exactly this!

What stops men now from being pervs?? Absolutely nothing. Unfortunately women find hidden cameras in bathrooms and dressing rooms and stuff too frequently. A man can walk into a women's room and no one can really stop him. A woman can walk into a men's room and nothing can stop her.
For MOST men, dressing as a woman to enter the restroom is going to make them MORE conspicuous, and thus MORE likely to get caught. It is a terrifically stupid idea that we are going to all of a sudden have an army of crossdressing predators descending on women's bathrooms.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:09 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
I look at the car facing me at an intersection. I assume his direction based on the signals he turns on.

No signals? I presume he's going straight ahead, which is what society has agreed "no signal" means.

Left signal? I presume he's turning left, which is what society has agreed "left signal" means.

Right signal? I presume he's turning right, which is what society has agreed "right signal" means.

I really have no personal moral interest which direction he goes. I only want him to go in the direction of his signal.

But if he gives me the wrong signal of his actual intention, I'm not going to feel the least bit at fault for any resulting accident.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Agreed, it wasn't even on the RADAR for 99.9% of people till conservative theocrats decided they needed some new laws (yuck more laws, we desperately need to be getting rid of bad laws not making new ones - yet another reason R's can't be trusted as the party of "small government") that they assumed would be red meat for their base. The push back from those shortsighted laws is what spawned the controversy. It was never even an issue till that point, and they have been eating crow ever since.

Also, we already have laws covering indecent exposure, rape, murder, assault, peeping, kidnapping, sexual assault, and sexual harassment. I think that pretty much covers the gamut of nefarious activities a predator can get up to inside a bathroom.
The thing is that the conservative laws came as a response to liberal "protection" laws.

I didn't like either of them.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:10 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
For MOST men, dressing as a woman to enter the restroom is going to make them MORE conspicuous, and thus MORE likely to get caught. It is a terrifically stupid idea that we are going to all of a sudden have an army of crossdressing predators descending on women's bathrooms.
Oh I know. I always try to point it out yet people still insist on having that irrational fear anyway.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The thing is that the conservative laws came as a response to liberal "protection" laws.

I didn't like either of them.
We don't need any more damn laws on how to use the damn bathroom. On that we are on the same page.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
This is true, but honestly... how big of a problem is this really going to be. We didn't have laws in place before, everyone used the honor system and it has worked just fine for hundreds if not thousands of years. And men intent on being predators don't need to dress as a woman to get in the bathroom, it isn't like there are armed guards and security, they can already just f**king walk in. There is no magical barrier on women's bathrooms that keeps out anyone not wearing a dress...

The whole thing is a giant tempest in a tiny teapot.
There was a small barrier, people confronting suspicious behavior around bathrooms. People have become afraid to confront this behavior, and the Houston HERO ordinance could have meant government sanctions for confronting suspicious behavior.

I'll look for it in a moment, but there was an incident, in a Walmart I believe, where a male predator did something in a women's restroom, and a Walmart employee said they saw suspicious activity but didn't say anything for fear of getting in trouble for discrimination.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:18 PM

274 posts, read 120,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Then I want it outlawed because it doesn't agree with my religion.

This has nothing to do with the strange, unwelcome feelings I had as a teenager at summer camp for someone of the same sex as myself.

It's oppressing my religious liberty.
You foolish coward..Religion should not define who others are..Do not be foolish enough to say it is 'oppressing your religious liberty' Shame on you..You would keep someone from being who they feel they are SHAME ON YOU They are not sick and to claim so would be to oppress their rights to humanity and kindness YOU ARE A FOOL to claim this is oppressing your damned religion..Shame on you and your religion and shame on you for misinterpreting it..I say they are who they are and is does not matter what they choose..

Old 01-09-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'll look for it in a moment, but there was an incident, in a Walmart I believe, where a male predator did something in a women's restroom, and a Walmart employee said they saw suspicious activity but didn't say anything for fear of getting in trouble for discrimination.
We have hundreds of millions of people in this country, we can't make a new law for every anecdotal problem that arises. There needs to be a substantial pattern to even consider making a law and for this issue there just is not. Plus, a man inside a women's bathroom is not inherently harmful, it is what he might do inside the bathroom that causes problems. Again not a fan of X leads to Y so ban X laws. Y is already illegal in this case, that is enough. The male in question should be in trouble for whatever predatory actions he took in the bathroom not the simple act of being present. If he had just barged in because he was about to crap himself and the men's was full, I don't think that should be a criminal offense.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:25 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If they are transgender they do.
That's interesting because the "transgender" anatomical male in the IL school district case didn't wear a bra. Not all of them cross dress. That's a different classification of sexual/gender dysphoria, transvestism.
Quote:
You really do need to get over the idea that a transgender girl is just pretending
There was never any proof provided indicating otherwise, nor does the Obama Admin "Dear Colleague" letter threatening schools' federal funding require any.

I'm actually stunned that you think every self-IDed MTF transgender anatomical male wears a bra. That's just patently not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies