Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 05:05 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,589 times

Advertisements

If this goes all the way, I'm going to use whichever gender benefits me the most in each particular situation. Why put yourself at a disadvantage because you are normal? Once racial identity is fully discretionary, better believe my grandpa had high cheek bones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 05:13 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
Anyone mentally unstable enough to want to have their reproductive organs surgically altered into something nature didn't intend them to be isn't stable enough to be around children of any sex. Let them urinate with their surgically crafted fugazi flytraps & flutes inside the privacy of their own homes, or in bars that cater to people who share their particular mental disorder.
Really anyone is allowed to have children, have you seen the dbags that procreate, oh yeah the mirror.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:34 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
So how would you all feel if a guy like this:

Came out saying he just feels like a woman in a man's body and wanted to join a Sorority? Would you be okay with that?
If the sorority is OK with it, why would I care?

Old 01-07-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
If it's no big deal for a man who feels he's female to enter a restroom with other women, then why is it such a big deal to ask that man to enter the restroom with fellow men?

In order to make himself feel comfortable, should he be able to make everyone else in the women's restroom feel uncomfortable?
I've seen some strange-looking women in restrooms. No, they don't make me uncomfortable. In my 70 years on earth, I've never been in a public restroom that didn't have stalls.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
Says someone who undoubtedly and idiotically believes that a person can change their sex through a series of Mengele-esque surgical procedures. Idiocracy uber alles indeed.

A person can inject themselves with as many hormones as they like and have their genitalia re-crafted by the finest, classically trained pee-pee molding play-doh artisans on the planet, but it cannot .. repeat....CANNOT change someone's sex from male to female, or vice versa. Humans with an X & Y chromosome are male, and humans with two X chromosomes are female. It's an immutable genetic fact. End of story.
You obviously know very little about biology and how gender and sexual characteristics are developed. Or you'd know that it is a good deal more complicated than that.

You might want to check out the current issue of National Geographic. It's a pretty good survey on this topic without being overly technical.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I've never been in a public restroom that didn't have stalls.
Really? I've been in a couple dozen without stalls.

Yes, it's an extremely small amount percentage wise, but they are out there.

I once went into a restroom with no stalls at a club (back in the 90's), and there was some poor schlub sitting on a toilet in plain view with obvious bowel issues. I felt so sorry for the guy and thought to myself that I would have chosen awkwardly squatting between two cars in the parking lot over the humiliation he was going through. Yes, we all chop belly timber, but even dogs are embarrassed doing it while others look on.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:50 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
No.

You are personally authorized by the incoming Trump administration to stick your hands down anyone's pants, feel around, and stare at them in the face until you make your determination of their gender for them.
No need for this. It could get smelly. DNA determines gender, not opinion.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Really? I've been in a couple dozen without stalls.

Yes, it's an extremely small amount percentage wise, but they are out there.

I once went into a restroom with no stalls at a club (back in the 90's), and there was some poor schlub sitting on a toilet in plain view with obvious bowel issues. I felt so sorry for the guy and thought to myself that I would have chosen awkwardly squatting between two cars in the parking lot over the humiliation he was going through. Yes, we all chop belly timber, but even dogs are embarrassed doing it while others look on.
I can't speak for men's rooms, I've never been in one. I have NEVER seen a public women's room that lacked stall doors by design, although I have on occasion seen a stall with a broken door.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:01 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I can't speak for men's rooms, I've never been in one. I have NEVER seen a public women's room that lacked stall doors by design, although I have on occasion seen a stall with a broken door.
I've never seen a men's restroom with a couch; however, I've worked at two companies who had couches in the women's room. I think women expect more.

You would think you'd be more likely to have barriers in the men's room since we are barely above chimps hurling poo at each other.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I've never seen a men's restroom with a couch; however, I've worked at two companies who had couches in the women's room. I think women expect more.
Oh, you're right about that!

Quote:
You would think you'd be more likely to have barriers in the men's room since we are barely above chimps hurling poo at each other.
You said it, I didn't.

But I do think men are more into overt showing-off contests than women are. Our contests are much more subtle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies