Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 12:38 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah but we're talking about Trump here. If he had a plan for the coal miners, he would have tweeted it from the rooftops already, bigly.

And if he did, which he doesn't, or he would have TrumpBragged about it by now - it had better be a Yuge one because the coal miners aren't entitled to a replacement any more than any one else who loses Obamacare.
Get back to me when you can prove that Trump won't help them.

The rest of what you're saying is just blather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Look at the answer above and ask again why I would care about Appalachia. I do live in a blue metro, pay a ton of taxes, am not on disability, am not on Obamacare and my vote counts less than rural locations. My money goes to pay for the disability in Appalachia. And for that, the thanks I get is "effete white males and masculine feminists"? And why should I care about unions when Appalachia votes against unions by electing Republicans who detest unions. Yet my money sure seems to spend well. They like my money a lot.

That's okay, Trump is going to cut taxes and that means blue states will get to keep their money within their respective states. Let Appalachia pay for their own problems. As for blacks, that may be true in Hale county but West Virginia is the number one state on disability. It appears there are less than 4% blacks in the entire state.
Red states and rural (red) America provide you with food and energy.

Maybe they should cut you off.

You claim that you don't need them and that you're supporting them.

You couldn't survive for two weeks without them.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:43 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
I would be worried too, if I was a crippled miner, dependent on opioids, too young to draw Social Security, but too old and sick to ever go down in the coal mine again. And too chronically poor to ever be able to move away or re-fashion my life.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
lol

You wont answer my questions about the breakdown of your tax dollars because you don't know where your tax dollars go.

You wont answer my questions about your states voting because most of your own states counties went red.

You live in a state where trump won most of the counties .You dont even like your own state?

How much of your state is on your hated obamacare and welfare and disability ?
Well said, FloridaNative10.

I would add that 1/3 of all the people on welfare in the United States live in California -- a blue state.

So much for "red states sucking up all the blue states' money."

And when Dems sneer at low education and people being on welfare and disability in the South, they're sneering mostly at blacks.

But keep it up, dems.

You're our ultimate weapon for getting more and more Republicans elected!

Last edited by dechatelet; 01-08-2017 at 01:14 PM..

Old 01-08-2017, 12:59 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
As it's likely been mentioned on this thread, the top 10 states for those receiving Obamacare all voted for Trump. It might have been that those on Obamacare voted against Trump, or it might be yet another reminder of the Dumbing Down of America.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

And when Dems sneer at low education and people being on welfare and disability in the South, they're sneering mostly at blacks.
Really? Do you have facts to back your claims on this? And how about coal country, states like West Virginia? Are more blacks on welfare and disability there than whites?

Old 01-08-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Really? Do you have facts to back your claims on this? And how about coal country, states like West Virginia? Are more blacks on welfare and disability there than whites?
When a state is 95% white, most people on welfare will be white.

So you can complain about West Virginia, Vermont, Oregon, Iowa, and a few low-population western states that are mostly white.

Add up the number of people on welfare in those white states, and their total population on welfare is probably less than the number of people on welfare in Los Angeles County, CA.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:12 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
As it's likely been mentioned on this thread, the top 10 states for those receiving Obamacare all voted for Trump. It might have been that those on Obamacare voted against Trump, or it might be yet another reminder of the Dumbing Down of America.
The birther-in-chief used fear tactic to frighten people into voting for him because he is the only one that can save them and now they are afraid of losing their coverage due to his choices, ideology and cabinet picks. Oh, the sublime irony.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:56 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well said, FloridaNative10.

I would add that 1/3 of all the people on welfare in the United States live in California -- a blue state.
Which programs are you referring to when you say welfare? There are several programs.

Are you counting all these or only some of them:

WIC, SNAP, SSI, Medicaid, Section 8 housing assistance.

Then, of course, there is Social Security Disability Income which is supposed to be for disabled people but some people commit fraud by either lying and tricking doctors, or finding crooked doctors to say thay are disabled. Technically this isn't considered welfare but it has become the modern day quasi welfare for people that trick the system.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:15 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What does catastrophic ER mean?

What was the annual maximum out of pocket?

What was the annual/ lifetime cap on claims?

Think it's likely your former plan did not meet many of the Essential Services of the ACA, not just the " female crap".

All insurance, not just healthcare, mutualizes risks. Insurers need enough people who do not experience a fire, a flood, a burglary, a collision, a death and so on to pay claims for those who do.

I am curious about the Plan B of those who opt out of health insurance. What happens if they are a victim of a violent crime? What happens if they are involved in a serious collision and have opted to only maintain state mandated liability insurance which does not to pay their own medical bills.

I have no issue with catastrophic health plans.
I have full coverage on my vehicles.

My yearly out of pocket was $1000 and capped at $50000 yearly. Catastrophic ER was 100% covered meaning any ambulance and ER care. My rates were based on risk and the risk level for me was low. The most dangerous thing I did was ride a horse.

Now here come ACA and completely destroyed my coverage along with outrageous lies.

Last edited by T-310; 01-08-2017 at 06:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies