Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 07:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Part time coal miners.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 08:32 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Hillary is status quo.

Use some critical thinking skills
hmmm... but, you said you voted from trump because of the person in the HW. Hillary wasn't in the WH. See how critical thinking works?

Old 01-09-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No worries:

On 60 Minutes, Trump made clear he would " repeal and replace Obamacare with something wonderful that will take care of everybody and the government is going to pay for it."
OH dear... more for the people who hate government to complain about. The government is forcing them to pay for stuff they don't want or need! But, wait! It will be OK because it is trump who is forcing it, right? What a hoot.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What does catastrophic ER mean?

What was the annual maximum out of pocket?

What was the annual/ lifetime cap on claims?

Think it's likely your former plan did not meet many of the Essential Services of the ACA, not just the " female crap".

All insurance, not just healthcare, mutualizes risks. Insurers need enough people who do not experience a fire, a flood, a burglary, a collision, a death and so on to pay claims for those who do.

I am curious about the Plan B of those who opt out of health insurance. What happens if they are a victim of a violent crime? What happens if they are involved in a serious collision and have opted to only maintain state mandated liability insurance which does not to pay their own medical bills.

I have no issue with catastrophic health plans.
I'm kinda wondering how the poster is planning to pay for such care, too. Unless he is never going to get sick, or need a hospital or ER, or a checkup. He will have to bear 100% of the costs himself. But, hey, he will have the cold comfort that he's not paying for insurance!

Old 01-09-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No cancer in my family.
My mother in her eighties still does yard up to and including taking down trees with a chainsaw.

Alcoholism runs in my family and I don't drink.

That's it. I liked what I had, it worked for me but some jerk decided he would make decisions about my life and I resent the hell out of it.
And, you can join the coal miners and others who will be out of health insurance due to trump and a bunch of republicans, in resenting that some jerk would make decisions about y'all's lives.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:51 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Social security disability is often given to young people who may have paid little or nothing, but who get it because they are supposedly disabled and are unlikely to ever be able to support themselves.

Of course, it is means-tested (they won't give it to wealthy disabled young people) and therefore qualifies as welfare, unlike social security for retirement.
If someone has paid little or nothing into Social Security and they don't have enough credits to get a monthly payment when they are disabled, then if they qualify(they are poor and disabled and nearly no assets) - they get SSI which is called Supplemental Security Income. SSI is pure welfare and it's not to be confused with Social Security Disability Insurance which is a totally different program and not really welfare.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:00 AM

Oh wait - here is info on what the republicans want to happen regarding any replacement for obamacare... and it looks a lot like how they have always kicked the can down the road... y'know, like "the check is in the mail"... So, maybe those coal miners, kids under age 26, the newly insured, and those with pre-existing conditions really ought to be afraid. Because, we all know that congress won't do a dammmm thing to replace it until the very last minute, if they even do it then.

"The current Republican plan, as described by GOP aides to Philip Klein of The Washington Examiner, is to repeal the law now, but leave it in place for a transition period of somewhere between two and four years while they work out a replacement, which in theory would come later this year, and might be passed in pieces rather than as a single bill. It is not a plan to repeal and replace, but a plan to repeal and delay, while promising that a replacement plan will come later."

The Republican Plan to Repeal and Replace Obamacare Will Do Neither - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Old 01-10-2017, 01:13 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
If the law is repealed, but people on O'care are allowed to stay on it until it is fully replaced, then I don't see why they would be "afraid."

Most of the people who are "insured" under O'care aren't even in the exchanges, they're on Medicaid.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
And, you can join the coal miners and others who will be out of health insurance due to trump and a bunch of republicans, in resenting that some jerk would make decisions about y'all's lives.
I don't have health insurance because of the jerk.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
hmmm... but, you said you voted from trump because of the person in the HW. Hillary wasn't in the WH. See how critical thinking works?
That one flew right over your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies