Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 04:34 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Legal aliens are the quiet and bad treated group as they are nervous to make any mistake and if they do they have to pay the fees again. They also pay a lot to travel to stay in compliance with their I-94 status.

Illegals now often get a drivers license without all the prove legal aliens are required to show.

On top of that they know the did something wrong but illegal aliens know they are protected.

Hopefully we go back to implement current immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 04:36 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Went to the DMV to renew my driver license today. On one of the screens they asked me if I wanted to register to vote. The first question was Are You A Citizen? 1) YES, 2) NO. All that stood between me and voting was touching YES. No proof, no birth certificate, no passport. And this is Pennsylvania. I can't imagine how they look the other way in California where illegals are legally issued DLs. So yeah, I want to look at those 3 million extra votes that Hillary got.
In California they'll ask you in Spanish if you want.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:44 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Here is why you needed no proof, you were just renewing your license. My guess is the first time you got your license you had to show a birth certificate, thus they already know you are a US Citizen.
I've lived in California all my life. Never had to show a birth certificate or any other proof of citizenship in order to register to vote.

Never had to present ID of any kind to vote at a polling place or vote by absentee ballot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Renew, which means they've already seen all of that documentation. I am here in this disgusting place called CA...which is by no means anything like it was when I was a kid. The libs have destroyed this place. Anyway, I got my DL some months back and I had to prove that I was allowed to get a DL. I tried to give them my birth certificate but they wouldn't take it because it was "folded too much". I'm not kidding. Luckily, I carried my passport with me just in case they wanted more proof, not knowing it would be the proof that I needed.

When I got my license, they asked me if I wanted to register to vote. I said 'yes' and simply checked off what party. (By the way, for those who say you don't "register" as Independent, in some states you most certainly do.)

I realize that some states give illegals DL, but I have never actually seen exactly what they carry. Does it look the same? What documentation do they have to fork over to get that license? If I have to prove that I'm a citizen to get mine, how is it that illegals can get one? It does happen, but I want to know how. I also want to know if someone actually asks them if they want to register. Does anyone have proof of that, or it is all hearsay?

Because I had moved from out of state, I was required by the state of CA to retake the written test. Nowhere on that test did it ask me if I wanted to register to vote. That happened at the front, before I took the test, when I had to prove that I was a citizen and allowed to get a DL. My DL from Maine was "not good enough", I had to prove it with my birth certificate or a passport.

I also did have to show my ID when I went to vote. Because I had moved to a different house from the time I first registered to the time I voted, I also had to essentially "re-register". I filled out more paperwork for that than I did at the DMV when I initially registered. I was allowed to vote because I presented ID that showed I was 'legally allowed', and I was told that my paperwork would be sent to the state, and that they would determine if I was actually "legally allowed" to vote in that area, and that I had not voted in my old neighborhood. I would then get something in the mail some time later letting me know if it counted or not. Which I did get...weeks later.

So, I am not disagreeing that there is illegal voting going on, but I'm very curious as to how it's done because it doesn't seem to be what people are saying - or are they turning a blind eye at the DMV, at the voting place, at state level if paperwork is sent? It happens, but HOW? If we, as citizens, go through all of that just to fricken vote, where, exactly, is the breakdown occurring?

This is why I'm all for voter ID...but I want to make sure that getting that voter ID is done legitimately. If there's breakdown somewhere along the way, that needs to be addressed first.
Your mistake is that you didn't speak Spanish only and look like you were from Mexico.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:36 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Went to the DMV to renew my driver license today. On one of the screens they asked me if I wanted to register to vote. The first question was Are You A Citizen? 1) YES, 2) NO. All that stood between me and voting was touching YES. No proof, no birth certificate, no passport. And this is Pennsylvania. I can't imagine how they look the other way in California where illegals are legally issued DLs. So yeah, I want to look at those 3 million extra votes that Hillary got.
I guess you're supposed to sign an affidavit or something attesting to your citizenship, supposedly there is a penalty if you're caught lying about it, but who checks? They're all intimidated by the Democrats' "voter suppression" accusations and don't want to be accused of anything like that, so they give people the benefit of the doubt, it looks like. So sure, someone could claim to be a citizen on one of those online voter registration sites, and most likely no one would ever be the wiser. That and the ID provided with the license, you're good to vote, citizen or not.

Another way for illegals to vote is that they are permitted to vote in local elections in some states, but there are federal laws prohibiting noncitizens from voting in national (presidential, congressional) elections. The federal law includes provisions that the local government must ensure that a noncitizen votes only in those local elections, but frankly, in the current pro-illegal alien environment we've lived in, especially in the last 8 years where illegal aliens are perceived by the left as future Democrats, protected by sanctuary cities from prosecution for crimes and deportation, I doubt seriously the election officials in the blue states where illegals are allowed to vote in local elections will do anything to ensure these illegals don't vote in the national elections. In fact, I imagine they're encouraged to do so. They know there will be no repercussions by doing so, and if election results go their way, it's even better.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:40 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
In California they'll ask you in Spanish if you want.
I'm sure the ballots and all other election materials are in Spanish as well, maybe other languages too.

The ballots, voter registration cards, and other election materials in Miami-Dade county in Florida are printed in English, Spanish and Creole.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:44 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
If illegal aliens didn't vote for hillary how do you explain her vote tally?

she lied as a pattern about important issues, she exposed confidential info to foreign governments, she gave 25% of our uranium supply to Russia, she lied about benghazi being a video and her and obama's foreign policy set the middle east on fire. the just before the election russia told us obamacare costs would rise exponentially...ooops! that was the obamaadmin who told us that bit of news just to endear the voters to hillary and give obama a 3rd term.

Again, how do you account for her vote tally in CA if not for illegals taking the bait obama set out to attract them and voting for hillary? No sane person in a state of consciousness with the comprehension of the english language could possibly have voted for her.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:23 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times
The claims of "no proof" of voter fraud are disingenuous at best. There has not been a concerted effort looking for voter fraud. If you don't look, you are not going to find it. Given the political climate in CA, my guess is that there is fairly widespread fraud on the of illegals voting.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:28 AM

3,702 posts, read 4,850,376 times
I see people here not believing the OP and stating that since it was a renewal they had already seen the proper documents but how is that the case for my wife, who unknowingly checked the box and the lady continued on without asking for anything to verify. My wife is a legal resident, not a citizen so she can not vote. I had them fix it but the possibility was still there. Any info they had on file from her previous state id was only a green card, not a passport. A greencard shows one is a permanent resident and not a citizen.

I understand the OP stated illegals being able to vote but I'm just adding to it that legal residents can do the same thing. Perhaps they need to make it a requirement that when somebody fregisters to vote they need to show the proper documents (such as birth certificate, Passport, naturalization papers, SS number, etc...) Make it so only citizens can actually be the only ones getting that votor card, even if others apply for it!

Old 01-08-2017, 11:04 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
In California, registering to vote can be done online or by filing out a card and mailing it back, not just at the DMV. So yes, it would totally be possible for anyone to register to vote. I'd like to think that every voter registration is verified, but we've seen too many stories of people holding up their dog's voter registration to think that's true.

As far as getting a driver's license in California, illegals can choose from a variety of way to prove their identity. Court documents showing they've been charged with a crime and a cell phone bill works just fine.

Here's the actual requirements: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/co...df?MOD=AJPERES
This is disturbing:

Quote:
Foreign Passports (see pages 4 & 5 for list of DMV approved passports) – This is an option for customers who do not have a verifiable SSN as provided in Table A
You add that to some sort of proof of residency like an electric bill. Okay, I set up my electric over the phone. They didn't ask me for my DL # or a photocopy, but they did ask for my SSN. But, all one has to do is give them a fake SSN and they have an electric bill in their name.

They need 3 forms of proof. Electric bill can be one. They can also get some kind of letter from a homeless shelter as a second form. A "change of address" form from the PO also counts. Seriously? And what is a "faith based document"? Apparently they can use a letter from a "faith based organization" as proof. That does not prove that a person is legally allowed to be in this country. They allow multiple foreign passports, but state that those passports must also come with another document. UNLESS you have a Mexican passport, then THAT is all that you need along with the 3 pieces of documentation described above.

Electric bill
letter from homeless shelter
letter from faith based organization
change of address card from PO

Those are all on the list as "proof of residency".

Really.

So, let's say I have a Mexican passport. I don't have to provide anything else from Mexico if I have that. Then I can waltz in with some electric bill in my name, (not hard to get even if you're illegal), go stay in a homeless shelter for a day or two, get a letter from them, go to some church and get a letter from them, or just fill out some change of address card.

I did that when I moved. My name wasn't on any of the bills at my sister's place. My name was nowhere on any paperwork involving the house they rented at her place. I didn't even have a CA DL at the time. And when I moved to my own place, I filled out a change of address card. That counts as proof? That doesn't show AT ALL that someone is here legally. (No, I did NOT fill out a change of address card from Maine to CA because I got my mail at the UPS store in Maine, and the UPS store said that I had to fill that out at the PO, and the PO said that the UPS store needed to have me fill it out...so I said hell to both of them and just updated all of my stuff that I could remember.) How in the hell is a change of address card proof of anything? How in the hell is a "faith based letter" proof of anything? How is an electric bill proof of anything? It doesn't prove that the person is here, legally.

So now I see how it can be done. Don't have an SSN? NO WORRIES! The state of CA has your back! You'll still get a DL from them.

Now, what some people missed is there was a reason I talked about what I had to do on voting day. Yes, I had to show my ID, but we have estabslished that apparently you CAN get one whether you're legal or not. As stated, I had moved locations from the time I got the DL to voting time. I had to fill out paperwork to "re-register", but they didn't call it "re-register", I CALL it that.

Right there, in the voting place, on election day, they had a stack of papers that were for people to register to vote, THAT DAY. It wasn't a piece of paper that was just to change your address, it was full on registering to vote. At the voting place. ON election day. Which is not what the rules state is allowed.

I was told, as I said, that the paperwork would be sent to the state, and the state would verify if I was "legally allowed" to vote and in the place I voted.

So, there's really only two possiblities here:

Either no illegal ever votes, EVER.

or

The state is turning a blind eye.

As the libs said when the recount thing was getting ready to happen, if there is even the slightest chance of fraud, shouldn't we all be onboard with investigating it to know, finally, once and for all, if it's happening? We found out during the recount that it was happening...not what the libs were expecting, however.

So how about we do an investigation of this state? If there is fraud, shouldn't we all be onboard with it to know, once and for all, if there are illegals voting? Who would be against that? Right? No one would be against investigating it, right? If it was good enough for MI, WI, and PA, surely it's good enough for CA. Right?

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 01-08-2017 at 11:14 AM..

Old 01-08-2017, 11:06 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
That was your Hillary voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies