Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 08:08 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times

Advertisements

I agree. the Dem party needs to kick all the mods and whites out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 08:28 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Whites are a minority in the Democratic party- that's the way liberals want it.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's be clear. In California. You know this. Oh and didn't you say this?

That's right, you did. Take that away, and Hillary lost Bigly in the other 49 states. Now if you want to talk about the DNC being a one state party, then so be it.
There are 65 million people in California ?????

The point you are trying to make is flawed because if you remove any random state no matter which one it is , you dont turn 48% to 46% into 90% to 10%

The election, regardless of the state you remove, never changes the margin more than 1%

Trump didnt win huge in the other states.

Last edited by dsjj251; 01-09-2017 at 10:36 AM..

Old 01-09-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Let's be clear, the DNC has lost representatives at every federal and state level and granted the GOP a majority in all three branches of government.

The party isn't some exclusive club it should be an inclusive banner. You called Bernie Sanders "not a Democrat" like it's some club he missed out on, it's a failing party of people who refuse to acknowledge and do something about it. The not a Democrat is doing more for the party now than our loser candidate did and will.
BERNIE SANDERS DOES NOT CALL HIMSELF A DEMOCRAT !!!!

Im not hiding the fact that I have a problem with Sanders, but in the context of all of this, why is it a problem for me to point something out that Sanders himself has pointed out ??????????

AS I stated in other posts. Barack Obama is not the problem, nor is Hillary, Down ballot voting in general is. Both Clinton and Obama out performed down ballot candidates. If the person at the top of the ticket was the problem, then both of them would under perform those numbers.

you still havent explained what it is I dont get.

I also never said the party should be exclusive, I simply sad you should actually join it instead of dictating from an outsiders stand point. Membership is free.

Last edited by dsjj251; 01-09-2017 at 10:39 AM..

Old 01-09-2017, 10:29 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I agree. the Dem party needs to kick all the mods and whites out.

Me too. Trump hasn't been inaugurated yet, but he's looking good for 2020.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:44 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
BERNIE SANDERS DOES NOT CALL HIMSELF A DEMOCRAT !!!!

Im not hiding the fact that I have a problem with Sanders, but in the context of all of this, why is it a problem for me to point something out that Sanders himself has pointed out ??????????

AS I stated in other posts. Barack Obama is not the problem, nor is Hillary, Down ballot voting in general is. Both Clinton and Obama out performed down ballot candidates. If the person at the top of the ticket was the problem, then both of them would under perform those numbers.

you still havent explained what it is I dont get.
Sanders is the chief of outreach for the Democratic Party. Keith Ellison, a strong Bernie supporter, is likely to be the DNC chair. You go nowhere with these attacks on progressives.

Enthusiasm for the democratic party is a problem. Being more concerned about million dollar fund raisers at rich people's homes than to listen to the needs of salt of the earth Americans is a problem. The Democratic Party needs to be the party of the 99% and people must feel that they truly are. Enough of the means tested social safety net programs and public services in order to divide the middle class and low income Americans. Lets create a true social democracy which FDR envisioned. The people want it, the younger generation overwhelmingly support it, and the stars are now aligned to make this happen.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Sanders is the chief of outreach for the Democratic Party. Keith Ellison, a strong Bernie supporter, is likely to be the DNC chair. You go nowhere with these attacks on progressives.
Sanders is chief of outreach of the Democratic Congressional Caucus, not of the Party. There is a gigantic difference between the 2.

Bernie Sanders is an independent, but decided to caucus with elected Democrats in congress, but because of that (I) he can not hold an official position in the party. The same is true of Republicans.

And Ellison has no organizational experience. Why pick him other than name recognition ???????????

Quote:
Enthusiasm for the democratic party is a problem.
That depends on how you look at it. As I said. Down ballot voting seems to argue that the people at the bottom of the ballot simply forgot to tell the people voting to vote for them,with the exception of Nevada where Harry Reid somehow picked his own replacement in the U.S. Senate, won 3 of the 4 Congressional seats, and won enough seats in the State Senate and House to put Democrats in the majority.

Quote:
Being more concerned about million dollar fund raisers at rich people's homes than to listen to the needs of salt of the earth Americans is a problem. The Democratic Party needs to be the party of the 99% and people must feel that they truly are. Enough of the means tested social safety net programs and public services in order to divide the middle class and low income Americans. Lets create a true social democracy which FDR envisioned. The people want it, the younger generation overwhelmingly support it, and the stars are now aligned to make this happen.
Im not sure how to respond here because you seem to misunderstand a lot.

Party fundraisers are simply held where ever and by who ever is willing to hold them. I have been to fundraisers in Barns and ones in million dollar homes on Ono Island(google it). It has nothing to do with "who is listened to " as any who is a Democrat is invited.

The point of those fundraisers is so that the parties and the candidates have money to campaign with .
You get angry with Clinton/DNC for doing a 50,000 a plate fundraiser while not realizing that money went to the top 10 battle ground districts around the country.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The point of those fundraisers is so that the parties and the candidates have money to campaign with .
You get angry with Clinton/DNC for doing a 50,000 a plate fundraiser
You have to choose who you want to represent. The 99% or the big money donor class. Surely you agree that the GOP taking billions from big oil influence their position on climate change? Wall Street democrats who go begging for money from the banker fat cats and the billionaire class cant expect working stiffs to believe them when they say they'll fight for worker's rights. People see right through that malarkey. Its no wonder Democrats are doing so poorly. Too many people feel they are more interested in serving the 1%, the donor class, than the American people. This needs to change. And Keith Ellison understands this. He is his own man, not in anyone's pocket, and has been serving the people for a long time, not special interests and the big money ruling class. This is more important than ever now as we enter the era of pure kleptocracy under the authoritarian crony capitalist Trump.

Last edited by PCALMike; 01-09-2017 at 11:38 AM..

Old 01-09-2017, 11:29 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
CNN, like any slightly biased organization, shows some of its more "out there " side sometimes.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:34 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This woman appears to be some sort of Democrat strategist who CNN takes great stock in.

She says that Democrats should not be led by Whites.

I believe that she also said the event in Chicago was not a hate crime.

http://i.imgur.com/M2D1xHD.jpg

Former Sanders Spokeswoman: "We Don't Need White People Leading The Democratic Party" | Video | RealClearPolitics
Keep them coming . The more the merrier. Do not do one thing to curb her statements. For as long as the Democrat party have Black racists like Symone Sanders, the more they will further marginalize themselves.
What is it with the radical sections of the Black Democrats, is it all just a effort to express some form of misguided racial superiority. The whole " those goofy whites need not to be in charge, we need to show them" mindset that has so little bearing in reality.

Look what Obama , our only Black democrat president ever , managed as leader of this land. He singlehandedly has made it virtually impossible for another Black politician in our lifetime to ever be elected president. Funny how the approval ratings were so high for Obama, then when it came time to cash in the strong favorable votes, the nation soundly repudiates his policies and goes ahead and elects Trump. The outgoing president must be getting more gray hair and stomach ulcers trying to figure out what happened.

Again, we need more Keith Ellisons, Symore Sanders, Donna Brazille (just like Obama, everyone says they like her , but not really), Cheryl Mills even throw in Corey "loving myself even more every single day" Booker to assume the role of up and coming smooth Black savior of American politics. A dream team of Black Democrat politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies