Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 09:40 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,472,152 times

Advertisements

How predictable, a Hollywood actress uses her first amendment rights to express her viewpoint and she is immediately hated and vilified by the right. Some great America this is going to be.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/meryl-str...-trump-speech/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 09:41 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,489,614 times
You win this thread!

Old 01-08-2017, 09:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,988,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Accepting a Lifetime Achievement Award, Meryl Streep absolutely gave it to Donald Trump and his “instinct to humiliate.”

See the irony.

She's humiliating Trump..

It's like the Anti Trump crowd that says they are Pro Love and Anti Hate yet they have signs saying very hateful things about Trump and others.
No, there's a H-U-G-E difference here. Meryl Streep is a U.S. citizen expressing her feelings about the next President of the United States. Trump is the next President of the United States tweeting insults. She doesn't hold any office, make decisions that impact all Americans and citizens around the word. She won't ever have the nuclear codes.

Also, she was speaking against hateful speech, not promoting it.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,691,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Anyone who has two connected brain cells knows EXACTLY what Trump was doing when he mocked that disabled reporter. It is on film, and right there for all to see. Trumpees can TRY to spin it, but we know the truth.

The saddest part is not that Trump did it because we know he is scum and very capable of saying and doing anything. What is really sad is that so many other Americans still look up to this man and cheered him on while he was doing it. Trump is a pig, but I thought so much more of other people. Guess I was wrong.

As for Meryl, classy lady with a head on her shoulders. She should get an Oscar for this one because it was the most important thing she has ever done, and she did it with grace and got her point across in a great way.
That's really the core issue, isn't it?
It's one thing to have a megalomaniacal narcissist steal center stage in a nefarious power grab.
But to have so many people that agree with him and glorify him has shaken my beliefs in our society's basic humanity towards each other and therein the real problem lies.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:44 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,691,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
You libs can have Meryl Streep. We will be content with the presidency, house, Senate, and Supreme Court thank you very much
Be very interesting to see what you do with it.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:46 PM

13,662 posts, read 10,047,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
You win this thread!
Omigerd, that first picture - there are not enough evens to express how I just can't.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:47 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,772,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That's really the core issue, isn't it?
It's one thing to have a megalomaniacal narcissist steal center stage in a nefarious power grab.
But to have so many people that agree with him and glorify him has shaken my beliefs in our society's basic humanity towards each other and therein the real problem lies.
It's really interesting how this plays out. Meryl Streep lives in California, most of the live audience there does as well. It appears a fundamental shift is happening that will split the states at some point.

"...the outline of the Donald Trump resistance is taking shape far from Capitol Hill, with New York and California emerging as the East and West Coast headquarters of opposition to the incoming administration.

Trump opposition sets up blue-state headquarters - POLITICO

Old 01-08-2017, 09:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,437,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I asked a legit question too. lol I was walking in the gym when this thread blew up. I asked if sh was on 60 minutes...

So it was the golden globe. She's American. She can say what she likes. My only question is did she rip him with funnies or was it one of those serious, Gary Sinise type roasts?

Hopefully funny as those are always more... fun.
Nah, Streeper went all serious. It was hardcore.

Needless to say, sh*t got real on Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills tonight. Solidified her street cred with the regular folks.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:50 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,546,201 times
What did libs say when Obama said this

Didn't hear a peep from any of these liberal celebs!

" the president joked that bowling a 129 was "like being in the Special Olympics.""

Watch: President Obama Mocks Handicapped Children | The Sean Hannity Show

Old 01-08-2017, 09:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,988,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
[url]http://hbu.h-cdn.co/assets/16/19/980x639/gallery-1462816039-donald-trump-1.jpg[/url]

Wish I could give you more than 1 rep, especially for this picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies