Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 08:47 AM

1,009 posts, read 709,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And when 'one's citizens also consist of different opinions, you do not rub it in their faces.'

Did you miss the New Year's Eve tweet from Trump?

"..Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!..."

You are directing your preaching to the wrong person.

The Narcissist Elect is the one who needs to get over it. When he acts like a president, he'll be treated as such. So far all we've seen is a five-year-old brat who thinks the majority of the country voted for him, when 25% did. He should be humble, but instead he gloats, insults and criticizes.

He even had to tweet out that his successor on The Celebrity Apprentice (that he insisted on remaining as executive producer and profits from). He's also lying--Trump's ratings were sinking.

"Wow, the ratings are in and Arnold Schwarzenegger got 'swamped' (or destroyed) by comparison to the ratings machine, DJT," Trump wrote in a series of tweets. "So much for being a movie star--and that was season 1 compared to season 14. Now compare him to my season 1. But who cares, he supported Kasich & Hillary."

DJT? Seriously--he refers to himself in the third person in his moronic tweets?

Trump needs a psychological evaluation. He appears to have mental issues. And I hope to god if he continues to act like a childish moron after he is in office, that someone is smart enough and cares about the country enough to get him one.

Hey just think of him as our president with a personal touch, and whom does not identify with being PC . in which means he is going to say what he truly feels and not hide it . After all liberals do not live in realty and don't want to hear what others think . It's there way or no way .

Psychological evaluation ??? I don't think so no one more narcissitic as Obama and was he given an evaluation ?? Nope very long years . 8 long years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

13,470 posts, read 9,978,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
LOLing at you thinking martial arts are not an art form. Trained experts can kill. Easily. But they hold back as a matter of self-control and artistic discipline.
Keep writing martial arts when she quite clearly said MIXED martial arts. Which us a sport, not part of THE arts, which are not sports.

Whether something can be considered an art form is completely different as to whether it can be considered part of THE arts. THE arts are film, theatre, music, writing, dance, and fine arts. As you well know.

I'm familiar with your "I ignore everything you said and just keep repeating the same rubbish over and over" style of debate, so I'll just leave it there.

Quote:
If you kick 'em all out, you'll have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts, which are not the arts.

2,722 posts, read 5,474,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
My Facebook feed is full of Golden Globes-related fecal matter.

I wish I could filter it out.

If I cared, I'd have watched the show.

I didn't.

Ugh.

Just shut up already.
I deactivated my FB account a week ago. I don't miss it a bit!

Old 01-09-2017, 08:50 AM

13,470 posts, read 9,978,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am a fine artist and I am also a former college athlete (waterpolo). I think all sports are some kind of art.

Anyway, I think her comment about MMA is extremely arrogant. But that is just my opinion.

I have no problems with her speech about Trump, I feel the same way. I think it is kind of low to make fun of a disabled reporter, he should own up to his mistakes. But the arrogance Streep shows is kind of shocking too. Everybody has a different definition of what "art" is. Someone view movie watching as a type of entertainment; someone (like me) enjoy art museum and sports. (I perhaps won't be watching MMA because I know nothing about it and that is the only reason) If All the film makers decided to leave, nothing will change in my life. I still have my sports and my art. So she thinks too highly of herself and her fellow "artists."
I didn't say there isn't "some form of art" involved in sports.

But they are considered sports, not part of THE arts.

You don't consider Hamilton a sport do you?

68,343 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
At least the message is reaching the intended target audience LOL.
And amusing it as well.

2,695 posts, read 3,404,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I haven't spent a dollar on one of your movies in 20 years and even then I wondered what all the hype was about. Kramer vs Kramer...total garbage. Devil wears Prada was decent.

But really, she and the rest of the old, bitter and used up liberals in this country really need to get a life. Donald has a job to do which was given to him by the American people. He has no direct bearing on poor Meryl's life. She has other things she can think about but she chooses a big night when she should be having fun to obsess over Donald once again. It really is sad what has become of these people.

I haven't watched a Hollywood awards show in probably 20 years, wouldn't even occur to me to watch it. These people mean nothing to me. They do what they do for a living and I do what I do. I couldn't care less what they think about anything. I appreciate the job they do..especially people like Clint Eastwood who BTW doesn't say stupid garbage in public.

So again, grow up, get over it and move on.
You sure took the time to stay on top of this thing that
you don't care about.
Grow up , get over it and move on.

5,913 posts, read 3,191,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What a low life speech from such a great actress. She went as low as she possible could go and for me she is totally done.

Very misplaced and I bet she offended millions. But for the money she doesn't have to worry but perhaps she will not get the viewers for her movies as she hoped for.

But I bet she doesn't care and so will lots of people don't care about her.

Did you see the faces of many actors who clearly were not agreeing with her aside from of course the few that were so happy to hear the bashing!

But she got what she wanted...another 5 min of additional headlines.
Can you specify what you didn't like about the speech? As in, "I didn't like when she call T out for mocking a disabled person or I didn't like that she said the media will need to be protected..." It helps the reader understand better if you can explain how she offended millions. You do point out some of the blank faces of some of the other actors in the audience. Not sure that we can read their minds nor come to a settled conclusion as to what that means. Anyway, please be specific and why. Thanks!

39,253 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Keep writing martial arts when she quite clearly said MIXED martial arts. Which us a sport, not part of THE arts, which are not sports.

Whether something can be considered an art form is completely different as to whether it can be considered part of THE arts. THE arts are film, theatre, music, writing, dance, and fine arts. As you well know. .
On this, One may find innumerable similarities or common features between them, such as institutionalization, or the fact that both art and sport can be performed on stages, or arenas, presented for a public and so forth.

Sport is art, in my opinion.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,575,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And when 'one's citizens also consist of different opinions, you do not rub it in their faces.'

Did you miss the New Year's Eve tweet from Trump?

"..Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!..."

You are directing your preaching to the wrong person.

The Narcissist Elect is the one who needs to get over it. When he acts like a president, he'll be treated as such. So far all we've seen is a five-year-old brat who thinks the majority of the country voted for him, when 25% did. He should be humble, but instead he gloats, insults and criticizes.

He even had to tweet out that his successor on The Celebrity Apprentice (that he insisted on remaining as executive producer and profits from). He's also lying--Trump's ratings were sinking.

"Wow, the ratings are in and Arnold Schwarzenegger got 'swamped' (or destroyed) by comparison to the ratings machine, DJT," Trump wrote in a series of tweets. "So much for being a movie star--and that was season 1 compared to season 14. Now compare him to my season 1. But who cares, he supported Kasich & Hillary."

DJT? Seriously--he refers to himself in the third person in his moronic tweets?

Trump needs a psychological evaluation. He appears to have mental issues. And I hope to god if he continues to act like a childish moron after he is in office, that someone is smart enough and cares about the country enough to get him one.
Totally spot on.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:51 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You're getting pretty worked up there over something you don't care about. Let it go.
Sure are. This is the third Meryl Streep thread today. And they didn't even watch the Golden Globes because they hate Hollywood.

Someone who received a huge award last night was critical of the Glorious Leader (without even speaking his name) due to his insensitive and cruel imitation of a disabled person. They are even claiming he did not do it, though it is quite plainly on video. Sad!

Meryl Streep has more class in her little finger than Trump has in his entire being, or empire for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies