Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 09:08 AM

18,025 posts, read 27,475,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with you completely.

I was pretty shocked when she said that. Not to say all artists are like that, but many seem to be very arrogant. Only their art is art. Which is why I don't even like to date some fellow artists, many of them are out of touch with reality, many of them look down on others!

I think Streep is a great actress, I will never change my opinion about this. I do not think she is overrated. I think she is great. But seriously? she can express her opinion about Trump without saying stupid things about martial art. I am not a fan of martial art, but it is like me saying, I am a fine artist, and graphic artists are not artists!

Pretty stupid remark if you ask me.
Thank you. I'd agree with this. She is a great actress, she is very very rich.

She is shocked that Hillary lost, she hates Trump, and those who voted for him. She's probably disappointed at those who didn't vote for Hillary, but probably hates or dispises the deplorables.

Should we blame her though? Should we blame her for worshipping the Press? Anymore than we should blame a victim of an exposed cult like Scientology? Allegedly?

It's my understanding that the situation up in Chicago where the kid got terrorized for 6 hours by 4 punks, slashed, punched, made to drink toilet water for being white and like Trump, isn't their fault.

It's not.

It's Meryl Streep's fault. It really is.

I didn't even watch the stupid Golden Globes last night, nor her last 50 flicks, but I'm going to be forced to watch it again and again and again, along with Israel Isis Terrorism, 5 years old Isis murderers, the Fort Lauderdale murderer, and poor Reno with this storm blasting through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 09:08 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You just admitted MMA is also an art form.
I never said it wasn't.

I said it is not considered THE arts. Which it is not.

It is a sport.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:09 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
....... and in lovely condition for her age I thought on last nights showing...... doesn't look stretched.......
I didn't watch nor have any clue, or care, as to her comments.

Plenty of things to be upset about in this world. A free person's opinion is not one, for me.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:10 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
No, they are dancers. They are athletic, but they are not "athletes".
Oh boy, are YOU ever misinformed.

Typical lefty ignorance, though. I'm not surprised. /SMH

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15335242

Old 01-09-2017, 09:11 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Shrug. You have a right to your opinion regarding the philosophy of her speech.

You don't have the right to make up your own definitions.
I don't think anybody made up definition here.

Here is the debate

Are sports forms of art? | Debate.org

If you don't think sport is art, then fine. we can always agree to disagree.

There is no doubt sport is not the same art form as music, and fine arts, but sports can be viewed as some form of arts. If you don't agree, that is fine too.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:13 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thank you. I'd agree with this. She is a great actress, she is very very rich.

She is shocked that Hillary lost, she hates Trump, and those who voted for him. She's probably disappointed at those who didn't vote for Hillary, but probably hates or dispises the deplorables.

Should we blame her though? Should we blame her for worshipping the Press? Anymore than we should blame a victim of an exposed cult like Scientology? Allegedly?

It's my understanding that the situation up in Chicago where the kid got terrorized for 6 hours by 4 punks, slashed, punched, made to drink toilet water for being white and like Trump, isn't their fault.

It's not.

It's Meryl Streep's fault. It really is.

I didn't even watch the stupid Golden Globes last night, nor her last 50 flicks, but I'm going to be forced to watch it again and again and again, along with Israel Isis Terrorism, 5 years old Isis murderers, the Fort Lauderdale murderer, and poor Reno with this storm blasting through.
Of course it's their fault, and they're being held responsible.

Why would you think it wasn't their fault?

BTW, you all get this outraged about the dreadful and very similar hazing incidents that go on in many American institutions, right? Some victims of that die. It's all disgusting.

Anyway, we do digress, that incident has zero to do with Meryl Streep's speech.

274 posts, read 120,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
When people act poorly in public, it's ok for others to call them on it.

Funny, you dems rant nonstop about how bad Trump is because he criticizes people in a public venue.
Funny how you republicans manage to blame everything on the democrats..You are a fool..Not all are democrats some a republicans or independents such as myself and you say Meryl Streep and other Dems are harsh look at your own foolishness..Before you may judge another..

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He is not an artist. I agree. Although the art of the deal is a good book. haha
Which was written by someone else.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:14 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I haven't spent a dollar on one of your movies in 20 years and even then I wondered what all the hype was about. Kramer vs Kramer...total garbage. Devil wears Prada was decent.

But really, she and the rest of the old, bitter and used up liberals in this country really need to get a life. Donald has a job to do which was given to him by the American people. He has no direct bearing on poor Meryl's life. She has other things she can think about but she chooses a big night when she should be having fun to obsess over Donald once again. It really is sad what has become of these people.

I haven't watched a Hollywood awards show in probably 20 years, wouldn't even occur to me to watch it. These people mean nothing to me. They do what they do for a living and I do what I do. I couldn't care less what they think about anything. I appreciate the job they do..especially people like Clint Eastwood who BTW doesn't say stupid garbage in public.

So again, grow up, get over it and move on.
These Award shows are idol worship to egomaniacs by liberals who have no life.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:16 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
These Award shows are idol worship to egomaniacs by liberals who have no life.
It's like they are at church and someone has to get up and give the approved eulogy. You knew it was coming. You knew that she just couldn't go up there and stay on the topic of entertainment and maybe discuss the performance by some wonderful young actror/actress.

No, right to the politics. Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies