Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 08:47 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't call her an "Air head". I said nothing of the sort.
No, you certainly did not, and I didn't mean to imply you did. Apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no doubt that he will.
Indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 08:48 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
How nasty and condescending of you.

Are you trying to tell us that all democrats just love "the arts"? Gimme a break! You sound like an elitist limousine liberal. Get over yourself.
Look at the posts on this thread saying they never watch her or wonder if she is still alive. Happens all the time. Republicans have no problem with Ted Nugent sharing his opinions. I have no problem with Ted Nugent sharing his opinions the same way Meryl Streep did.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:49 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I agree!!! She lied about Trump making fun of a disabled man....that is completely false. The video of him making those gestures was doctored by the liberal MSM. That was just one more attempt to get their conniving Hillary in the White House. . . and thank God they lost!!!!

The only thing Streep accomplished this evening with her rant and dislike of Trump was to validate her lack of patriotism for our country; her lack of emotional maturity, and she ended up a complete fool.

She blew it.
You're kidding! Take the blinders off, turn off FOX and come back to reality before you're permanently blinded by the orange glow!

Old 01-08-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Viola Davis gives a very nice perspective on her career and Meryl Streep uses the platform to give a political diatribe instead of thanking those who recognized her career.

And Hollywood wonders why so many think they should keep their opinions to themselves....
Oh for gawd's sake, when Trump was a reality star he didn't have an opinion he didn't want to share with anyone who'd listen.

You know, when he was in HOLLYWOOD.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Ok, so I had the Golden Globes on but was not watching them, then I noticed this thread and rewound the DVR to see what all the fuss is about.

So, to give a brief synopsis, she pointed out many other members of the audience, from countries all around the world, and said that these people are currently being mocked by our incoming President. She also mentioned how sickened she was when Drumpf made fun of a disabled person. Then she also mentioned that the press is currently under attack, and that it is everyones responsibility to make sure they keep doing their job. Her key lesson was to remember to feel empathy for others, which stands in stark contrast to Drumpf.

Nothing particularly profound, but very well spoken and presented by one of the greatest actresses of her generation. I think there will be much more of this in the coming years, from people of all walks of life. I think Drumpf will unify this country and his election will actually bring people of all different races and backgrounds together to stand up to hatred and bigotry.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:51 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I agree!!! She lied about Trump making fun of a disabled man....that is completely false. The video of him making those gestures was doctored by the liberal MSM. That was just one more attempt to get their conniving Hillary in the White House. . . and thank God they lost!!!!

The only thing Streep accomplished this evening with her rant and dislike of Trump was to validate her lack of patriotism for our country; her lack of emotional maturity, and she ended up a complete fool.

She blew it.
What? What evidence do you have supporting that? For arguments sake, if that was true that Trump did that, would you not have backed him?

Old 01-08-2017, 08:54 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Look at the posts on this thread saying they never watch her or wonder if she is still alive. Happens all the time. Republicans have no problem with Ted Nugent sharing his opinions. I have no problem with Ted Nugent sharing his opinions the same way Meryl Streep did.
I never watch Ted Nugent either so stop generalizing.

Old 01-08-2017, 08:55 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh for gawd's sake, when Trump was a reality star he didn't have an opinion he didn't want to share with anyone who'd listen.

You know, when he was in HOLLYWOOD.
And that why I said "And Hollywood wonders why so many think they should keep their opinions to themselves...."

Old 01-08-2017, 09:04 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I guess liberals are trying to say that it is simply okay for poor etiquette and public disgust for the other side... what goes around comes around liberals...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
And that why I said "And Hollywood wonders why so many think they should keep their opinions to themselves...."
Would that be the same so many that voted for him?
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies