Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 11:49 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There's a bit of hypocrisy going on here.

Streep attackers are oh so self-righteous over something like a 30-second handclap for a film (not a person) 14 years ago.
How does that make endorsing a child rapist OK? What's the time limit at which liberals think the rape of a child is OK? 10 years? 15 years? How long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 11:49 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He said they would let him. Where did he say he would do it without consent, because he said they would allow it, which is consent.

The only lack of consent I have heard of resulted in Bill Clinton paying nearly a million dollars to his victim.
It wasn't that he was getting their consent. It was that as a star and a billionaire he felt entitled and confident that women wouldn't object.

Bill Clinton didn't pay a settlement to someone claiming to have been raped. Paula Jones never accused Bill Clinton of rape.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:50 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
...why didn't she use her platform to say anything about the handicap person who was held hostage for two days and forced to drink toilet water by 4 blacks? Why can't she use it for that?

I also don't remember her using her "star power" to talk about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOBTUCv4o0
Same reason she made up a story that all of Hollywood is being deported because they are immigrants. She obviously doesn't pay attention to politics, because she sounded misinformed.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:50 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump didn't mock a handicapped reporter, this has been debunked many times, but the Trump haters don't care, and continue to spew their lies.
Yes actually he did. Anyone with eyes & ears that function know it to be true, it's on video for all eternity. Living in an alternate reality does not change that fact.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:51 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
If you don't care, why are you wasting your time & energy trying to convince us that you don't care?

Exactly! Apparently Trump and his supporters care quite a bit. I mean, he not only tweeted insults about Alec Baldwin and more recently complained about the ratings for Celebrity Apprentice, he now is tweeting that Meryl Streep is an overrated actor! I just hope North Korea really doesn't have a nuclear weapon, because maybe Trump will sent a tweet early one morning calling Kim Jong-un a little twerp.

I wish this were funny, but I'm not laughing. The man is unhinged, immature and thin-skinned and cannot control his impulses. He keeps denying intelligence reports which clearly state that Russia interfered in our recent election under orders from Putin to discredit Hillary Clinton, which proves he's more concerned about his "brand" than he is about our security.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Yes, Streep made a fool of herself bringing up OLD FAKE news. We know she's a liar because she started off as the victim of one losing her voice and needing a cheat sheet to remember what she wanted to say. . . then went on a tirade about Trump. It's a miracle. . . she was instantly cured and had no trouble remember her damaging and anti-patriotic voice of 'no rhyme or reason'.

What did she accomplish? She validated the stupidity of those who can't accept their conniving candidate lost the election.

The discontented losers will continue their senseless rants about Trump because they are clones of their cronies.
We had eight long years of reading the most heinous lies and insults about Obama.
Thanks for the lessons.
It would be a shame if they were wasted, wouldn't it?

Of course, all of this is just a deflection from the fact that it's the Trump supporters starting all of the "Meryl Streep is a meany" threads.

Why can't y'all just take the higher ground and ignore her?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:52 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
Did I read right that she mocked Mixed Martial Arts in her speech, saying that it was not an art? As a practitioner of a Martial Art, I heartily disagree. Normally I would brush off a comment like that as being inconsequential, but she made the comment as part of a speech criticizing someone else for mocking someone. And then she mocked a whole group of people, including myself. WTH?
She also insulted half of America by saying the same about Football.

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Exactly! Apparently Trump and his supporters care quite a bit. I mean, he not only tweeted insults about Alec Baldwin and more recently complained about the ratings for Celebrity Apprentice, he now is tweeting that Meryl Streep is an overrated actor! I just hope North Korea really doesn't have a nuclear weapon, because maybe next Trump with call Kim Jong-un a little twerp.
He & his followers are the textbook definition of pansies. One day they may learn to grow up.

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
In the real world, Streep is not God, she is nothing more than an employee of the movie studios acting our roles in a film.....nothing real about her at all.

Separate the phoney-land of movies from the real world, quite the difference.
Shes a fellow American that spoke her mind and for doing so the rightwing cult is up in arms that she would have the audacity to criticize his magnificence. is this the way that great America is going to be,speak your mind and get to be the recipient of hate,venom and vitriol? This kind of attitude is what probably goes on in places like North Korea.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:53 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
The simple fact is that this is a gesture that Trump was using with completely able-bodied individuals before the "infamous" video, which leads credibility to Trump's claims that he wasn't mocking the individual's disability but merely the individual's "groveling."

Donald Trump's 'impression' of a disabled reporter may have been his 'default' put down | Daily Mail Online

But, of course, leftist media and celebrities won't acknowledge this fact as it goes against their narrative against Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies