Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 09:03 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,701,021 times

Advertisements

I avoid her movies. I think maybe I can't stand some of her fake accent after seeing the movie Sophie's choice. I remember going out with a guy 30 years ago and he thought Meryl Streep's ugly. Now I know why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 09:06 PM

13,236 posts, read 9,861,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I have seen her movies and some of them are good because of the story, not so much the role that Streep played... honestly I never thought Streep was a great actress as "organizations" depicted... I agree, I think she is overrated... her face is unusual and not in a good way... it's odd that she made it as far as she did...
It's really not. And she didn't just make it "as far as she did" - she's in the absolute stratosphere for her profession, and has been for many many years, which is an astounding achievement in and of itself.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:08 PM

13,236 posts, read 9,861,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I avoid her movies. I think maybe I can't stand some of her fake accent after seeing the movie Sophie's choice. I remember going out with a guy 30 years ago and he thought Meryl Streep's ugly. Now I know why.
Yeah, because ugly/pretty is all there is to it when you're a woman in Hollywood, right?

Sheesh. Trump supporters living up to their stereotypes in droves on this thread.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:34 PM

18,341 posts, read 18,953,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yes! She is an actress and not someone most people would listen to when it comes to politics or values in life or education.

Who is Meryl Streep outside of the roles she plays very well?

No clue! Other then not even thanking the fans for watching and supporting her as an actor and paying her pay check indirectly.

Clearly she bashed the next President at chose the wrong platform and time. She offended many voters with her bs,and bad geography list in which she failed to mention Israel as a Country.
On top of that many will now have lost the fantasy of seeing her play a role but will first think about the ridiculous speech she gave!

In the end it was laughable sad.
who is Meryl Streep? there is plenty of information out there on her if you really wanted to know. her opinion is worth the same as yours, mine or anyone else. she had a platform and she spole her mind. we still have the right to do that. so what if she bashed trump? unless she runs for office she could care less how many voters she offended. don't like the actress don't see her movies I doubt her box office will feel the loss.

in the end it was a great speech.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:36 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,553,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So you're saying we will be a dictatorship under Trump? Sorry this country belongs to all of us and we all have a say.
Guess I need to post some pictures. The Trump supporters saved America from becoming a Communist Nation, under the Hillary/Bernie plan, and those who supported her no longer have an input on how this Country will go forward. The Communists lost.

It appears you voted for a Communist Leadersip, by voting for Hillary. Why did you want a Communist America?

Old 01-09-2017, 09:42 PM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Your post is laughable.

Failed to mention Israel? WTF are you even talking?

Offended many voters? Again, what??

By the way, you're a nobody just like the rest of us, posting on some forum. Why do you think anyone should listen to you?
I think the difference is that he knows his opinion doesn't hold any more weight than anybody else's, where as Hollywood actors are often under the illusion that their voice holds more weight. They are so used to people fawning all over them, that they actually start to believe that they know what is best for the rest of us.

Meryl Streep is not going to change anyone's opinions any more than anyone on this board is. The people that already agree with her will talk about how wonderful she is, and the people that disagree with her will talk about how full of c4@p she is.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:43 PM

31,934 posts, read 14,933,222 times
[quote=bobisinthehouse;46774145]The news media could not affect the election, 100% of all democratic party/politicians had no idea how to defeat Trump.

Even all 16 Republicans for President were all on the losing side.

Meryl Streep's speech was the weakest of all attempts to make people hate Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is the modern Super Man, he is the man of steel.[/QUOTE]

lol if he was a man of steel, insults would go right off his back. But that's not the case is it. He's an egotistical baby who throws tantrums when he feels insulted. I think the hate has turned into laughter. And what a shame that is.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:45 PM

18,429 posts, read 15,171,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
who is Meryl Streep? there is plenty of information out there on her if you really wanted to know. her opinion is worth the same as yours, mine or anyone else. she had a platform and she spole her mind. we still have the right to do that. so what if she bashed trump? unless she runs for office she could care less how many voters she offended. don't like the actress don't see her movies I doubt her box office will feel the loss.

in the end it was a great speech.
It was only a great speech if you agree with what she said.

She is allowed to say whatever she wants about Trump, and the people here are well within their rights to say whatever they want about her in response.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:17 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,794,371 times
Quote:

lol if he was a man of steel, insults would go right off his back. But that's not the case is it. He's an egotistical baby who throws tantrums when he feels insulted. I think the hate has turned into laughter. And what a shame that is.
So he is suppose to ignore the insults... let them insult him for four years and not call them out.... that's genius...

Old 01-09-2017, 10:22 PM

31,934 posts, read 14,933,222 times
[quote=evilnewbie;46775399]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

So he is suppose to ignore the insults... that's genius...
Of course he is supposed to ignore the insults. All presidents have. Trump has to realize that our country is more important than him. I don't think he has realized that yet. It's still all about him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies