Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 12:21 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Under my skin? LOL! I don't know about you, but I'm just here having a chuckle at the self-aggrandizement of the celebrities, and the people who are obsessively engrossed by them and worship at their feet.
Yep, under your skin, the skin of all the insufferable cons & the skin of the ultimate orange man child. Congrats, you have no idea how to let things slide off your back. Bravo Meryl, for showing the world how juvenile cons are. Well done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 12:23 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Under my skin? LOL! I don't know about you, but I'm just here having a chuckle at the self-aggrandizement of the celebrities, and the people who are obsessively engrossed by them and worship at their feet.
The poster didn't name you personally, so why the need to defend yourself?

She's gotten under people's skin because she was right. People are embarrassed by Trump's behavior. So they're here trying to justify to themselves why they haven't just made a huge mistake in electing this buffoon to the Presidency.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
They only speak when surrounded with like idiots. I dare Miss Streep to come to my neighborhood in person and repeat her goofy words. She thinks that standing in front of a mic and spewing is reaching everyone, but she is sadly mistaken. We hear her words but we're laughing at her.

I guarantee her I will never again see a Streep movie. Not that it much matters. She's too old and haggard to appear in much of anything. Anything I have seen her in was unremarkable.
Oh my goodness.

The empty threats.

Too funny. I legit laughed at this.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:26 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
John Kasich and Marco Rubio

I don't know enough about Kasich to speak off the cuff re his finances, but he was clear in his support for open door immigration and, as a globalist, was not what the working class wanted (is that why you think he was a good choice?).

I give Marco Rubio credit for having come far, but he is hardly a man of the people, as he is owned by Florida agricultural interests. In addition, if Marco does not have high net worth, it appears that was the result of poor money management as much as anything else.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/u...ns-credit.html

I'd rather have a rich guy who knows how to handle his money in charge of the economy.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The poster didn't name you personally, so why the need to defend yourself?

She's gotten under people's skin because she was right. People are embarrassed by Trump's behavior. So they're here trying to justify to themselves why they haven't just made a huge mistake in electing this buffoon to the Presidency.

I'll let you all in on a secret -- I've been embarrassed by Trump's behavior too, more than once.
That doesn't prevent me from being objective about his assets and liabilities or from giving him a chance and supporting the nation's choice for President. If the fact that he is "not presidential" is the worst anyone can say, that is not a yuge deal, as long as he makes an honest effort to do what he said he will do. Judging from recent news reports on companies bringing/retaining American jobs, I see no reason to complain.

Edit: I didn't vote for Obama in 2012, but I was still offended by some caricatures of the President that I saw regularly appearing in the media, because he was still our President.

Last edited by CapnTrips; 01-10-2017 at 12:59 PM..

Old 01-10-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Sure. Whatever you say.

Thank you for allowing me to speak.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yep, under your skin. . . you have no idea how to let things slide off your back.

Now be honest, were you one of those people went to "cry ins" and petted puppies to get over the election? Are you boycotting companies that supported Trump? Did you "unfriend" people who voted for him? If not, you are doing a better job than most of the libs I know, who let Trump get under their skin and continue to demonstrate it here on CD every day.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:47 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh my goodness.

The empty threats.

Too funny. I legit laughed at this.
Did you see where she said she & her fellow townies would, get ready for it, turn their backs on Streep? GASP! THE HORROR! Can you imagine? Streep would be crushed, utterly crushed by locals turning their backs on her. Lol, funniest thing I've seen today.

Last edited by thefragile; 01-10-2017 at 01:01 PM..

Old 01-10-2017, 02:09 PM

152 posts, read 134,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He apologized. He acknowledged what he said.

Get back to me when Trump is man enough to do the same.
I would have never voted for Trump if he was an apologist *****.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:36 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
This thread ... 85 pages of comments and nearly 850 responses ...

Wow.

So many people have hurt feelings.

Better get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies