Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 09:23 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
I know you love conversing with white Americans you regard as racist.

I'm mulatto. You would rather converse with people on here you assume were/are white racists that would looooooove hanging black childrens black mothers by trees from their necks. But the Democrats taught you to be "All American" like that.

I prefer the members of the Nation of Islam to you. At least they don't think like some light-skinned black kid raised on Thomas Jefferson's plantation.

In fact, if I ever start kicking a$& in Chicago it will be the Nation of Islam I tap to help me pull Black-Americans out of the gang-banging Democrats culture. All the while I pray to the crucified one.

MLK was raised Republican like most educated Southern blacks of his time. Him and Condoleezza Rice came from the same pedigree of Southern patrician blacks. Condoleezza Rice was a little girl and friends with at least one of the little girls that died n the 16th Street Church bombing in Alabama. It was hardcore, union working Democrats, members of the KKK that carried out that bombing.

You know why the USA is one of the worst countries ever created? Particularly post ascension of Christ. Because it confuses things. It twisted reality. Then it taught Christians to be as confused as Caitlyn Jenner. Then around the late 1960's the Catholic Church of the USA under a Jesuit tied with the CIA convinced both American Catholicism and the Vatican to start becoming more American, or that is to say more confused.

And so it is today Black-Americans have the KKK (confused) and I have the Russians and developing world like India and parts of Africa (I'm less confused than Americans).

MLK is not Billy the Kid or white people killing Britsh Red Coats. So, contrary to what you think both white conservatives and white liberals looooooove some MLK being the model for black kids, rather than a Patton. They would rather black kids be taught not to emulate a Huey P. Newton or a Malcolm X.

But wait... liberal Democrats looooooove MLK as non-violent and "can't we all just get a long" thing, right? So, surely Democrats must be preaching to little black kids to love the Russians?

Oh wait, they don't. Shocker. When it comes to Russia they teach having a war attitude like the Nation of Islam or the Black Panther Party. They teach confusion. America is good at that.
This is wildly incoherent, and frankly I don't believe the bolded. Mulatto is antiquated and offensive; having it's root in "mule". I've never met a biracial person who referred to himself as a mulatto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 09:25 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
My father was in MLK's funeral procession in Atlanta.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think how you viewed him depends a lot in what part of the country you lived. He was mostly accepted in the Northeast and other areas but certainly not true in the south. I don't think people generally appreciated his efforts at the time because part of his message was lost in Vietnam and the other things going on at the time. Looking back on history he was a great man.
well said.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:46 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,824,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
He Dems weren't exactly liberal back then... especially in the South.
"Liberal" today is also way different from liberal back then.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:58 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,222 times
Quote:
This is wildly incoherent, and frankly I don't believe the bolded. Mulatto is antiquated and offensive; having it's root in "mule". I've never met a biracial person who referred to himself as a mulatto.
Oh, you believe I'm mulatto otherwise you would looooooove conversing with me. I mean if I were white and wanted to hang your mother from a tree we would both "be American" and therefore you would entirely want to understand me, be sad we both can't get along, and you would want us both to unite.

You know who people hate most? According to one academic study some years ago. But my own observation and life experience tells me the conclusions of the study are correct. People hate most those that are most like them but with slight differences.

So, if you read or hear stories from the Freedom Riders (I think they were called), those that got the worst beatings from racist whites weren't blacks. They were the so-called "n---er lovers" on the buses. One of those whites took a beating that left him paralyzed for life.

(I suspect why so many white men hate Hope Solo with such vehemence is in part due to who she is married to: a black man.)

The Catholic Inquisition did not go after, held no authority over, non-baptized Jewes and Muslims. They went after "conversos" and "moriscos." To be guilty of heresy you have to have a likeness but it altered with a slight difference.

Or you take many liberal Americans rage over a guy having sex with another guy but claiming to be heterosexual. It enrages them as much as white skinned men with mulatto fathers, decades ago, used to "pass" by calling themselves white. The American logic, and fear of "infiltration," is that white women can give birth to black children and white children but black women can only give birth to black children. Likewise, in the American logic and fear, in their confusion, a gay man married to a woman for 20 years and producing 5 children with her, when he comes out as "gay" and leaves her he was and has always been gay. No amount of having sex with women makes him straight. However, if a gay man has a boyfriend for 5 years and leaves it for admitting he is heterosexual, he can only be gay in the American liberals mind.

The term mulatto is not used much in the USA. How the term was derived is hypothesized. It's not known for sure. A popular hypothesis is the one you mentioned about making reference to mules (apparently, in this thinking the Spaniards never saw mulattos producing children). A different hypothesis is that the Spaniards derived term from a similar word the Muslim Moors of Spain used to denote the offspring between a Muslim Moor and Spanish Christian woman.

Either way I am not bothered by the term. I find it more descriptively precise than "biracial." Hapas are "biracials" and so are people that are half mestizo Mexican and half American white. So are people half Apache and half Chinese.

Mulatto is more clear just as mestizo is.

Americans are confused when they call Obama black and not mulatto or biracial. His black ancestry is not even ethnically "African-American" or what I prefer to term Black-American.

Anyways your comment about biracial black/white people not calling themselves mulatto (while admittedly few do) because it means "mule" is kind of stupid. Unless you regard biracial people as morally and intellectually smarter than blacks or something. Given plenty of Black-Americans refer to themselves, and each other with the "N word."

I use the N word, ending with the letter "a," at times myself. Why would "mulatto" be any worse a term?

Anyways, at the end of the day, MLK was a Protestant pastor reared Republican who promoted conservative social mores by today's standards. He was akin to a Condoleezza Rice.

It is hard to say what MLK would be today if he were alive. I suspect he would be Democrat but one with morally conservative views on certain things. And I think he would oppose military aggression against Russia.

So, again, do the Democrats teach black kids be non-violent against the Russians and love the Russians?

Why do white Americans celebrate the 4th of July when non-violence is the only way, and the confrontational war attitude of the Nation of Islam and Black Panther Party are only bad?

Old 01-08-2017, 11:14 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,222 times
Quote:
He Dems weren't exactly liberal back then... especially in the South.
Back then?

You've evidently never worked in the modern Northern construction trades.

The union (Democrats) construction trades to this day are notorious for their racism. They have kept a lot of black people out of the construction unions.

I've worked in that field. It's possibly one of the most racist career fields around. Particularly the unions which have a culture not to far removed from the early 1960s.

The government jobs with government workers belonging to unions is entirely different. Those are mainly black probably.

Liberal academia still holds to their sacred dogma of biological determinism as they did in the 1930's. They just don't apply it to of teach it about black people now. Instead they teach it about sexual orientation and gender identity. They also teach it about poor people (aborting their offspring is good etc.)

Old 01-08-2017, 11:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Big government that you love did that, although the movie ban was lifted before Guess Who's Coming to Dinner came out.

NY City doesn't treat them like gentlemen. Is that far enough South?
Big government did all that, huh?

Uh huh. Why are you so insistent on defending the Jim Crow South so strongly?

I know what happened. My family was there...you weren't. I know the stories very well, and I believe them wholeheartedly. And I most certainly won't forget those stories nor will I fail to pass them on.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:07 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Actually it was the democrat party and the liberals who were FOR segregation and against civil rights. It wasn't until the civil rights act was being passed that they jumped on board for the sake of saving their party's future. The republican party was born out of the abolitionist movement and Lincolin. I believe MLK himself was a republican but I could be wrong.
He was neither.

He didn't trust either party.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:16 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
I was in elementary school, and we lived in a rural/turning suburban all-white community north of Philadelphia. I remember little was said about MLK unless it was mean or calling him names, usually "that (n word) upstart". The civil rights movement may have well been happening on Mars for all it affected us. Most of the adults didn't like him, and when he was assassinated, though shocked, they said he "had it coming".

Years later, for a MLK/black history month project, oldest daughter had to ask her parents what reaction they remembered about MLK's assassination...I guess it wasn't the response the teacher was looking for, but I had to be honest. Not everyone admired him.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I was in elementary school, and we lived in a rural/turning suburban all-white community north of Philadelphia. I remember little was said about MLK unless it was mean or calling him names, usually "that (n word) upstart". The civil rights movement may have well been happening on Mars for all it affected us. Most of the adults didn't like him, and when he was assassinated, though shocked, they said he "had it coming".

Years later, for a MLK/black history month project, oldest daughter had to ask her parents what reaction they remembered about MLK's assassination...I guess it wasn't the response the teacher was looking for, but I had to be honest. Not everyone admired him.
That's the honest truth.

Few whites had any use for the man. Most either hated him or saw him as a troublemaker.

The only whites that were likely to be favorable to him were Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies