Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 03:51 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Someone posted some expanded quotes before.

I'm not going to go searching for something that doesn't need to be searched for and is cited in the very article in the OP. It's not like I'm asking you to gather statistics here. If you don't want to do something as simple and easy as clicking a link in the already shared article, then don't. But again, don't expect me to continue discussing what was said with you when you don't even want to find out what she said.

I've already told you some of what she said in the interview. I'm not going to go quote it for you too. What, do you not believe me?
I read the first page. You'd have the entree after I dump soup in your lap? You'd ask for dessert after the waiter added a laxative to the main course? Do you think I have such uncanny persistence ?

You will fail to prove your point, and not just with me. So be it. I remain unconvinced.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:55 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Next time I guess I will quote all sexist posts for those idiots who cannot see such observations themselves. My bad, must suck being that stupid. Fortunately I don't know what it's like.

Now you are obfuscating the point.

You made a claim about some here, you failed to even note a single persons point here to support your claim.

Calling me stupid without being able to even provide a basic premise.. well...

You are failing your position and providing even more support against you. If a woman can not even identify the person she calls sexist and outline why their argument is such, then it only provides support to the stereotype that women are emotional and unable to properly form an argument when they are challenged.

Are you an emotional and irrational women who can not argue a logical point? Is logic something that you lack? Will you prove to all here that in the face of a reasonable question that you provide the person and argument that you claim to be sexist with no means to properly establish your position?

Is your entire position nothing more than emotional accusation and attacking rhetoric? It seems as if you are proving the point of people here by the very illogical argument you make?

Interesting.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Whatever gets you to sleep at night buddy.
A loss for logical rebuttal.

Ok, I accept your submission.

Have a good day!

Old 01-09-2017, 04:10 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I read the first page. You'd have the entree after I dump soup in your lap? You'd ask for dessert after the waiter added a laxative to the main course? Do you think I have such uncanny persistence ?

You will fail to prove your point, and not just with me. So be it. I remain unconvinced.
You have not even read something you're trying to discuss, that is the subject of this whole thread, yet you're trying to dump this on me?

I don't want to discuss something at all with someone who refuses to open the link and read the interview. It's not my job to tell you what was said when you can read it yourself. I am not bringing you to outside sources or points here. Everything is available in the OP. If you don't want to read it to intelligently discuss what Jones said, that's fine. I don't know why you're trying to spin your lack of knowledge on this interview onto me.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Now you are obfuscating the point.

You made a claim about some here, you failed to even note a single persons point here to support your claim.

Calling me stupid without being able to even provide a basic premise.. well...

You are failing your position and providing even more support against you. If a woman can not even identify the person she calls sexist and outline why their argument is such, then it only provides support to the stereotype that women are emotional and unable to properly form an argument when they are challenged.

Are you an emotional and irrational women who can not argue a logical point? Is logic something that you lack? Will you prove to all here that in the face of a reasonable question that you provide the person and argument that you claim to be sexist with no means to properly establish your position?

Is your entire position nothing more than emotional accusation and attacking rhetoric? It seems as if you are proving the point of people here by the very illogical argument you make?

Interesting.
Fine, you want me to prove my observation? Well thanks for this post because here's a shining example.

"Are you an emotional and irrational woman?"

Happy now?

Again, next time I'll be sure to back up my simple observations with some prime examples for those of us who cannot read and comprehend words just in case there are people who need things to be very literal and in their face.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Fine, you want me to prove my observation? Well thanks for this post because here's a shining example.

"Are you an emotional and irrational woman?"

Happy now?

Again, next time I'll be sure to back up my simple observations with some prime examples for those of us who cannot read and comprehend words just in case there are people who need things to be very literal and in their face.
So no women are emotional and irrational?

You do realize the basic biology of a woman do you not? You do realize that while not all women are emotionally uncontrolled, it is a commonality among most women due to their biological nature right?

Do you object to this very fact? By all means, lets get into this.. I would love to discuss the biological nature of women and this topic!

Lets start with estrogen and its effect on women shall we?

Just so you know, "feelings" won't change the facts of this issue. You are about to step into the reality of an issue most feminists run from. Lets see how you do shall we?

Old 01-09-2017, 04:26 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
A loss for logical rebuttal.

Ok, I accept your submission.

Have a good day!
Nah just realized I was wasting time arguing with people that get news from clickbait. We all make dumb decisions from time to time, even me.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:29 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Obviously there are situations where a boy would be far better off without his father.

But who is ok with JJ lumping all of us together?

Old 01-09-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Nah just realized I was wasting time arguing with people that get news from clickbait. We all make dumb decisions from time to time, even me.
Yes, you have no argument.

We get it! Your response is an attempt to save face.

Run along, nobody cares!

Old 01-09-2017, 04:51 PM

Gwynedd1, I am just confused why you accused me of not providing you with information from the interview to "make my point" when I already did so.

Quote:
She made one comment to a magazine that was probably taken out of context and the full discussion not even printed. Actually, if you read the full magazine article linked in this article, you'll see she says much more. Those like you are the ones reading too far into it.

I see the point she made and I can't necessarily disagree. It's as simple as that. It's not to say that women don't also make these comments or anything, and I don't think she's saying that either. It seems SHE is not the type of person to make these types of comments, because she doesn't want her son hearing them. No one, including her, is stereotyping men if they are referring to their own personal experiences as well and acknowledging that not all men would say these things and be what she perceives as a negative influence.

I don't know why you think she doesn't like men in general. Did you even read the article (and the actual interview linked in the OP aricle), which completely contradicts what you think, before you try to ask ME "what I'm on"? She said that her son plays with kids and their dads in the neighborhood ("Xander has a lot of bro time with neighbor dads") and that her own father is a great influence on him. She talks about how she's remained close with her male co-stars. She clearly doesn't hate men and it's a ridiculous knee jerk reaction to even suggest she does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
What she said hardly matters. Its the article that presents it as such. Its also not the first time, even today. I saw the same in the context of race - "they are tied of white people treating blacks as a group".

Right , no women really means what they say, but when a man says "throw like a sissy" we can be sure it will show up in the fluids of his last spinal tap like naughtily arranged alphabet soup .
I am not going to read such banal nonsense as if the statement itself is not absurd. " I drank my urine" might happen in extremis from time to time. I did not realize how marooned of men who do not have foul mouths we are and how deleterious the effects. Why aren't single mothers on this problem? I don't suppose you might want to write Hollywood over this whose leading men are very bad examples of good diction.

I don't why you simply cannot see that men being apt to talk in a certain way does not suggest girls throw in a certain way. Anyway, the article is presented as such no doubt because there is an audience for it. Its not the first time I have ever seen cognitive dissonance for sale.
You asked a question in an earlier post that I did not attempt to answer, and was really not interested in all because you saying that you think it seems she hates men alone was enough to tell me that you did not actually read the interview that this whole discussion is based on. I then provided evidence from the interview that she does not hate men and a even included direct quote (all in the bold), and said if you did not even read it, I don't want to discuss it further with you.

You say things like "what she said hardly matters" ( uh, yeah it does if the discussion is about, I don't know, what she said) and "I am not going to read such banal nonsense." Fine. Don't read it. But I don't see why anyone would even want to continue discussing it with you if you refuse to even read what she actually said.

So I'm not sure what your issue is here. I don't know why it's my job to provide even more evidence for you when you're just being stubborn. I'm not quoting the whole interview here so your lazy a** doesn't have to click a link inside a link.

I agree that the author of the linked article clearly was trying to stir up some controversy and did take things out of context, unsurprisingly, but if you aren't willing to read the linked interview, why would I want to talk about it with you? It's a waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies