Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 12:44 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
What you describe here happens far to often. And yes, it really messes kids up. My ex tried it with my son and I, but my son was having none of it. He was older , 17, when we split up, and he saw through the games she tried to play. For my part I just let it ride and trusted my son to make up his own mind about things.

I do have some heartburn with this "toxic masculinity" bit. The extremes it gets taken to are frightening. I always taught my son the same way my Dad taught me. To be a gentleman, treat women with respect, etc. There is a huge difference between a man being abusive and refusing to be a doormat with his mate. And balance is key when it comes to child rearing. Both parents have much to offer that is beneficial to a child of either gender. Whilst I may have garnered more from my Father that molded my character, (which seems natural for a boy) my Mother still taught me a great many things that are also integral to who I am.

Children that I've seen raised by one parent or another always seem to be lacking a bit in their character. Especially if that parent is bitter toward the opposite sex. That's just not good. Brainwashing a child in that attitude is just wrong. Teaching hate and bitterness toward the opposite sex is no better than teaching racism. At least that is how I see it.....
Good post.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:46 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Can he roughhouse with other boys, get dirty, climb trees, play with trucks, hunt and fish, and so forth? Will she allow him to play traditional "boy" sports such as football and wrestling? Join the Boy Scouts?
Yuck, she already feels bad enough for bringing another white male into the world, of course she's not going to let him get sucked into such toxic rape culture activities as these.

I didn't know who this person was (never saw any Mad Men), I think I'll keep it that way.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:55 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The 4 teens who terrorized the kid recently... Think any of them knew their father ?

Doubt it.
The two girls didnt, they were raised by their grandmother. The amount of single mothers on welfare and in low income housing projects is staggering . Sometimes there are no adult men in the whole housing project unless he is a maintenance guy. Of course a rich white hollywood feminist doesnt see that ever.

These rich white feminists are incredibly stupid preaching this stuff, so many liberal social revolutions since the 1960s have had disastrous effects in low income communities.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:00 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
That is the true tragedy of the situation.

The extent to which she damages the boy will depend upon whether she otherwise allows him to be a boy. Can he roughhouse with other boys, get dirty, climb trees, play with trucks, hunt and fish, and so forth? Will she allow him to play traditional "boy" sports such as football and wrestling? Join the Boy Scouts? I suspect the answer is no to all of this.
Why because she is a woman or a Hollywood liberal?
Do all two parent HH or single dads allow their sons to roughhouse, climb trees, hut and fish, paly football and wrestle?

Old 01-09-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
I know, a guy comes on here and says stuff and we are misogynistic, immature and crybabies..where is that logic now?

Its not. Society will tell him a lot worse when he grows up.
So go ahead and degrade your children because society is mean?

Old 01-09-2017, 01:03 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Im saying she is not some raging feminazi as many are saying and her words are taken out of context. She said
“It’s good to have strong women around a man. To teach him to respect women,” she said. “He doesn’t have a male person in his life saying ‘don’t cry’ or ‘you throw like a girl.’ All those sh**ty things dads accidentally do.”

Not she is a proud single mom whose son doesn't need a father to teach him sh**y things as the article insinuated.

I don't think what she said was bad. I hear that kind of talk a lot from dads especially at football games. Perhaps its been her experience as well. I dont think its good to be under the influence of a parent who degrades you by comparing you to a stereotypical anything. It could be real men dont cry, grow a pair, calling him a homo. It doesn't necessarily have to be comparing him to a girl and certainly not all men or even most do that.
In this case perhaps she wants her son to see women as strong and independent, IDK. But what she said wasnt about masculine toxicity and she didnt say those words. I dont know why she has to justify to the world why the child's biological father hasn't stepped up to the plate or why she should have to scramble to find a suitable "father" for her son to appease the masses. Like so many great men want to marry a single mother.
Yes there are Dads who behave like jerks at sporting events. I have seen them. At the same time someone does need to teach the boy how to throw a ball like a boy, and his mother is not going to be able to do that. His life will also be more difficult if he does cry "like a girl".

Old 01-09-2017, 01:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Perhaps. Or he will be brainwashed into thinking he's transgendered. What's he supposed to think, being male, and his mother telling him that men are just horrible , evil beings? I can't think of a way to screw up a boy worse than leading him to believe having been born male makes him inherently "bad."
Def sounds like "hood rat" culture right there since a LOT of Black women "dog" the dudes, even the decent guys.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:05 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
I know, a guy comes on here and says stuff and we are misogynistic, immature and crybabies..where is that logic now?

Its not. Society will tell him a lot worse when he grows up.
I've never (nor has my husband) told my sons not to cry, yet I've seen them fight back the tears because
'boys don't cry'. There are some norms in society that will remain, no matter how hard people like this woman fight against them. Throwing around terms like mansplaining an toxic masculinity isn't going to change it. I personally don't have a huge issue with 'you throw like a girl'. I can't throw worth crap. My son called me a "clown quarterback" last night. I said it's no worse than putting like a monkey (golf). It was funny. I wish people would lighten up and remember how to laugh at themselves.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:09 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yuck, she already feels bad enough for bringing another white male into the world, of course she's not going to let him get sucked into such toxic rape culture activities as these.

I didn't know who this person was (never saw any Mad Men), I think I'll keep it that way.

She is a bland actress but she was well cast in her Mad Men role because it naturally suited her. She played a cold, spoiled, self centered 1960s upper middle class wife and mother.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
The two girls didnt, they were raised by their grandmother. The amount of single mothers on welfare and in low income housing projects is staggering . Sometimes there are no adult men in the whole housing project unless he is a maintenance guy. Of course a rich white hollywood feminist doesnt see that ever.

These rich white feminists are incredibly stupid preaching this stuff, so many liberal social revolutions since the 1960s have had disastrous effects in low income communities.
What is this woman preaching? What exactly did she say and why must she defend and justify why she is not married or why the child's father is not in the picture in the first place.
The kids what, two, and she is just suppose to grab the first guy who will marry her so her kid has some "father figure" in his life. Because any guy is going to swoop in there and spend quality father time with some other guys kid and save him from becoming a transgender poverty stricken thug which apparently whats going to happen to him being raised by a wealthy single mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies