Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 05:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

The US 2nd - Amendment:

Only government approved militia, to maintain the police state, the privilege of citizens 21 years or older, who are non-felons and mentally sane, may keep in their personal dwelling, the small arms the government allows, this may be altered as needed to preserve the governments power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 05:46 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
I like the snarkiness... but hate how the intent changes the entire purpose!

Old 01-09-2017, 10:49 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The US 2nd - Amendment:

Only government approved militia, to maintain the police state, the privilege of citizens 21 years or older, who are non-felons and mentally sane, may keep in their personal dwelling, the small arms the government allows, this may be altered as needed to preserve the governments power.
Nope.

I left NY for many reasons. NYs, well Cuomo, dictating which weapons legal which ones weren't, were a huge contributing factor behind my choice to leave the state.

No dice. Government has enough say in our lives
Mandatory health insurance. Dictate which policies YOU NEED/should have, or pay the fine, What non driver devices our vehicles come equipped with, Uncle Sam doesn't have a say in what arms I choose to own. There is NO wiggle room here. Don't like guns don't buy one. Don't allow the actions of a few ruin the rights of many! Besides the government already has enough power or do you need the government to feed and wipe your butt too?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:06 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
They're not just going after the 2nd, but the 1st as well:

In February, Rep. Raul Grijalva, D-Ariz., attempted a McCarthyite witch hunt against climate scientists he found disagreeable. And Sheldon Whitehouse is sitting U.S. Senator. He's now publicly encouraging legal persecution of people who conduct scientific research and/or those that have opinions about it he disagrees with. He wrote this opinion in the Washington Post on Friday, and no one much noticed or batted an eye at the consequences of what he's advocating here. Such calls for draconian restrictions on speech are becoming alarmingly regular. And if more people don't start speaking out against it, sooner or later we're actually going to end up in a place where people are being hauled into court for having an opinion that differs from politicians such as Senator Whitehouse.

Many on the left are now claiming Trump is no better than Hitler calling him a fascist before he's even in office, while actually showing they are totalitarians/authoritarians which is far more fascist than anything Trump has done.

The only people doing duck steps and repeating slogans are the irrational progs on the left at this point.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Nope.

I left NY for many reasons. NYs, well Cuomo, dictating which weapons legal which ones weren't, were a huge contributing factor behind my choice to leave the state.

No dice. Government has enough say in our lives
Mandatory health insurance. Dictate which policies YOU NEED/should have, or pay the fine, What non driver devices our vehicles come equipped with, Uncle Sam doesn't have a say in what arms I choose to own. There is NO wiggle room here. Don't like guns don't buy one. Don't allow the actions of a few ruin the rights of many! Besides the government already has enough power or do you need the government to feed and wipe your butt too?

NOPE???? What do you mean?

That is exactly how the 2nd Amendment reads today.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:55 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
NOPE???? What do you mean?

That is exactly how the 2nd Amendment reads today.
Does it? Then Cuomo should be in prison for treason for violating the 2nd amendment.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:17 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
The US 2nd - Amendment:

mmmm. Interesting revision. Many both here on the board and within segments of our society would like to see it thus. I currently don't own near the weapons I used to. Financial hard times following a nasty divorce made it a requirement to pare back a bit. Sometimes I wonder if divorce laws are designed to disarm men in particular. Lol, but no matter. I still have a classic 3 gun combo. Rifle/carbine, handgun and shotgun. A combo that no American household should be without. Even with my more limited resources now I still have a selection of firearms that I can afford to feed and a good supply of spare parts, and the knowing and doing to properly maintain all of them, to the finest little pin and spring.

Ammo for all three is common and I handload as well. I am ...well regulated, and will remain so. My equipment and resources are hardly limited to just weapons. That's a small part of what I'm ready to do should the need arise. Being "well regulated" means far more than just being ready and equipped to fight. Being strong is not all about combat. far more goes on off the field of battle than on that decides who walks away to fight another day.

Nobody, government or individual, has any more power over us than what we give them/it. That's why the grabbers are so shrill about "compromise". Compromise is nothing more than power we are willing to grant. The more we compromise, the more power those who would see us totally disarmed gain. Thus, for my part, I will compromise no more. As time progresses, my level of preparedness may grow, but no more will it shrink due to some whiny condo dweller telling me what I "need" and don't need.

I'll be the judge of my needs.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
mmmm. Interesting revision. Many both here on the board and within segments of our society would like to see it thus. I currently don't own near the weapons I used to. Financial hard times following a nasty divorce made it a requirement to pare back a bit. Sometimes I wonder if divorce laws are designed to disarm men in particular. Lol, but no matter. I still have a classic 3 gun combo. Rifle/carbine, handgun and shotgun. A combo that no American household should be without. Even with my more limited resources now I still have a selection of firearms that I can afford to feed and a good supply of spare parts, and the knowing and doing to properly maintain all of them, to the finest little pin and spring.

Ammo for all three is common and I handload as well. I am ...well regulated, and will remain so. My equipment and resources are hardly limited to just weapons. That's a small part of what I'm ready to do should the need arise. Being "well regulated" means far more than just being ready and equipped to fight. Being strong is not all about combat. far more goes on off the field of battle than on that decides who walks away to fight another day.

Nobody, government or individual, has any more power over us than what we give them/it. That's why the grabbers are so shrill about "compromise". Compromise is nothing more than power we are willing to grant. The more we compromise, the more power those who would see us totally disarmed gain. Thus, for my part, I will compromise no more. As time progresses, my level of preparedness may grow, but no more will it shrink due to some whiny condo dweller telling me what I "need" and don't need.

I'll be the judge of my needs.

That is how it is today. revised through legislation(shall not be infringed)
Today, that is exactly what the 2nd Amendment reads, without a single Amendment.
All Unconstitutional.
Government does not grant me my rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies