Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:17 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

Its true that AA "generally" are held down because of their self-pity with slavery. They do develop a mentality that if anyone is in their way for "free entitlements" that they are racist. Obviously, this line of thinking has done very little for them given the statistics. They do need to own up (I am speaking in generalities) and move on without attributing everything because of their skin color. If you are stopped at a traffic stop, it might actually have to do with your driving or where you are. Environment is important. AA doesn't deserve any more special treatment than a mexican or an asian. However, there IS still racism in America. I have experienced it several times in my life and I get over them. Another form of "racism" is preferential treatment, what I mean by this is that the person isn't necessarily racist by having any negative attitudes towards any one race but has preferential treatment towards a person of lighter skin. This person doesn't hate the other races but gives out better opportunities for those of the caucasian race. In this aspect, I experience it many times a year. Both the AA mentality (I am not AA) of self-pity and entitlements bring themselves down as well as racism and the preferential treatment of other races makes it more difficult for AA to get out of the vicious cycle of failures.

In the end, it is complex but what Bill Cosby says is correct. As soon as AA can move on with their "black" mentality, they can tackle on other issues such as racisim and preferential treatment... until that time comes, it will stay the status quo...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 12:31 PM

746 posts, read 846,416 times
“I am asian and I never expect to receive anything in life unless I earned it. In order to move forward you have to accept the past and really just get over it.
It seems to me that the blacks have never really got over the "slave" days. It seems like that an easy way to bail out and not take responsibility. I am not racist by any means, but they are prominently the group that says they are "entitled" to this and that cause of their color?
Well, I do know that the South Koreans have been slaves to sooooooo many countries that surrounded us and I can proudly speak that we have moved on. Also, in the US 50% of our earned income goes directly back into our own community. “ –Your post NYCL

Now on to South Korea versus Black America

Population Size
S.Korea 48.4 million
Black America 36.2 million

Economy (GNP)
South Korea 525 Billion Dollars
Black America 1 Trillion Dollars

Education of 25 years and older that have a bachelors degree or above
S.Korea 19.1
Black America 17.3

Median Income
S.Korea $24,000
Black America $31,969

Median Age
S. Korea 35.1
Black America 28.2

Labor Force
S. Korea 22.9 Million
Black American 15 Million

Poverty Rate
S.Korea 4%
Black America 24%

Labor Participation Rate
S. Korea 96.2%
Black America 89.3%

What just angers me most about you NYLC was that Blacks also make up the largest minority of solders that serve in the US Army and many of those same blacks, that you talk ill of were solders in S.Korea helping to save you and are stationed in S.Korea, so that your Asian buddies don’t get nuked and blown off the map by Kim Jung Ill. Not to mention the only reason you have civil rights in this country is because of blacks that were being hosed down in the streets and marching to secure rights for all peoples. Do you not know this? You were colored too, before 1965!!! Uneducated people just ehhh…this is my last post in this crappy thread!

My last question funny we sit around whining about Slavery all day, but yet if we were separated out into our own country we’d be much wealthier than yours. What is your countries excuse??? Why are they not performing as well as black Americans??? Answer that?

Old 03-03-2008, 12:46 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,887 times
Quote:
Shouldn't the minorities of this country take responsiblity?
Fine. We'll start first with correcting the problem by putting one of "ours" in the White House. That should fix a lot of little red wagons.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:47 PM

21 posts, read 42,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
“I am asian and I never expect to receive anything in life unless I earned it. In order to move forward you have to accept the past and really just get over it.
It seems to me that the blacks have never really got over the "slave" days. It seems like that an easy way to bail out and not take responsibility. I am not racist by any means, but they are prominently the group that says they are "entitled" to this and that cause of their color?
Well, I do know that the South Koreans have been slaves to sooooooo many countries that surrounded us and I can proudly speak that we have moved on. Also, in the US 50% of our earned income goes directly back into our own community. “ –Your post NYCL

Now on to South Korea versus Black America

Population Size
S.Korea 48.4 million
Black America 36.2 million

Economy (GNP)
South Korea 525 Billion Dollars
Black America 1 Trillion Dollars

Education of 25 years and older that have a bachelors degree or above
S.Korea 19.1
Black America 17.3

Median Income
S.Korea $24,000
Black America $31,969

Median Age
S. Korea 35.1
Black America 28.2

Labor Force
S. Korea 22.9 Million
Black American 15 Million

Poverty Rate
S.Korea 4%
Black America 24%

Labor Participation Rate
S. Korea 96.2%
Black America 89.3%

What just angers me most about you NYLC was that Blacks also make up the largest minority of solders that serve in the US Army and many of those same blacks, that you talk ill of were solders in S.Korea helping to save you and are stationed in S.Korea, so that your Asian buddies don’t get nuked and blown off the map by Kim Jung Ill. Not to mention the only reason you have civil rights in this country is because of blacks that were being hosed down in the streets and marching to secure rights for all peoples. Do you not know this? You were colored too, before 1965!!! Uneducated people just ehhh…this is my last post in this crappy thread!

My last question funny we sit around whining about Slavery all day, but yet if we were separated out into our own country we’d be much wealthier than yours. What is your countries excuse??? Why are they not performing as well as black Americans??? Answer that?
LOL! Your argument becomes more and more funny as we continue. You need to stop this nonsense. You are picking and choosing statiscs to fit your agenda? What does the South Koreans statisics in their own country have to do with the black stastics here in the US? Are you kidding me? Why don't you compare the asian stastics here in US vs the blacks here in the US. They are more educated. Simple, but at the end who cares? You don't see the asians on TV and media yelling "racism", "racism" often do you? No, infact, I think that most asians don't care what others think. There are many stero-type towards asians as well, you don't see them in the entertainment industry very much, but do you hear them yelling "racism"? To my whole point that I am sick of hearing the Al Sharpton and Jesses utilizing the race card.

This is your last post on this thread, because you can't handle the truth. And I am glad that you are getting angry. Maybe the anger will be the reason for change. I hope so, because on the end I want all us to be equal and judged by merit and not color or sex.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER04 View Post
LOL! Your argument becomes more and more funny as we continue. You need to stop this nonsense. You are picking and choosing statiscs to fit your agenda? What does the South Koreans statisics in their own country have to do with the black stastics here in the US? Are you kidding me? Why don't you compare the asian stastics here in US vs the blacks here in the US. They are more educated. Simple, but at the end who cares? You don't see the asians on TV and media yelling "racism", "racism" often do you? No, infact, I think that most asians don't care what others think. There are many stero-type towards asians as well, you don't see them in the entertainment industry very much, but do you hear them yelling "racism"? To my whole point that I am sick of hearing the Al Sharpton and Jesses utilizing the race card.

This is your last post on this thread, because you can't handle the truth. And I am glad that you are getting angry. Maybe the anger will be the reason for change. I hope so, because on the end I want all us to be equal and judged by merit and not color or sex.
Go answer my argument in the next forum. Look educational you're most likely in the 70% of whites that do not finish school etc? Yay or Nay? You sound like another one that has been consistently subsidized his entire life and now, because a little low paying fireman job is in jepordy, because of vast amounts of competiton. You whiny babies have come up with what we call in finance a "barrier to entry." How many cities have burned down since this "affirmative action" started and how many cities burned down when there was no affirmative action? You try to use these lame test, which were not used less than 20 years ago when most Fire Departments were all white, but now all of a sudden, because you guys fear competition, (because what you do requries little to no school a 10 year old if he could carry a hose could be a fireman) you're now scared. FAce it you cannot handle the truth. I highly doubt you want to get into a serious debate with me. I look only at problems not at colors and i make my assumptions based on characteristics, facts that support those characteristics, and let the chips fall where they may.

The comparison to S.Korea came about because the original poster made the comparison to his homeland and the blacks here in America. I was merely correcting his ill informed bs. Now, i could make the comparison of asians here vs asians in S.Korea as well and you'd note they do better here, because each racial minority does well here. However, what i'm pointing out is that this has nothing to do with blacks or asians. It has to do with the "freedoms and liberties" we are all allowed to enjoy here in the United States. Why else would Koreans do better in the US than in Korea? If you wanted to truly discuss this than you need to make it about the problem of poverty. HOw did we get Jews, Italians, and Irish people to stop murdering each other at higher rates???????

1. Provide Access to Jobs--(basically the new deal subsidized them)
2. Provide Access to Education
3. Most important we legalized the drugs they were all killing themselves over to make a business out of (namely alcohol), they still engaged in prostition and other illegal businesses

Now, my reason for saying all of this is you would not have come on here attacking all blacks nor would you have used race if that was your true intention. I have no problem if you do not like blacks, that your freedom of choice, however, i'm not going to stand by and let you falsly accuse an entire group of people for a few million bad apples. Most blacks do not live in the community you are describing. For instance i'm black and grew up in a gated community and i'm a third generation college educated, so this is not my community. The fact that they are black is of little concern to me, so i take offense to it. My community consist of other college educated people etc whether black or white. Now, i'm a bit bias towards people fairly or unfairly picking on other racial groups, because usually their problems have little to anything to do with their race. Anyone that uses race to define poverty or success if a bigot plain and simple.

If all white people are rich, why are you a fireman?

If all black people are poor why is this tard watching Opera?

You get my point?

The more you collectively group people and decide that their problems are generated because of their race the more problems you create, because you never get to the root of the real problem. Stop shifting blame. What needs to be done in these communities is what was done in a lot of the poor white underclass communities. However, the larger point is it most likely will not be done just like its not being done in many of hte poor inner city white areas. Government, wealthy members, and racist like yourselves are not going to solve their problems, but coming on here talking about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson like they are the voice of 36 millio blacks is offensive.

I don't question you about everything Rush Limbaugh or Howard Sterns says. I don't use those clowns as the voice of White America, so don't insult me by using those two clowns.

Anyway you problem isn't blacks it's that you're a racist, so no amount of logic i toss in your direction is going to hit you. However, what is your level of education attianment and what is your level of income. Should I assume because you're white you have gone to college have a masters and work at Goldman Sachs (because thats the white stereotype) do you fit that ????????

I'm not seriously asking your income or education attainment as i don't care

Last edited by truthhurts; 03-03-2008 at 01:33 PM..

Old 03-03-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
Go answer my argument in the next forum. Look educational you're most likely in the 70% of whites that do not finish school etc? Yay or Nay? You sound like another one that has been consistently subsidized his entire life and now, because a little low paying fireman job is in jepordy, because of vast amounts of competiton. You whiny babies have come up with what we call in finance a "barrier to entry." How many cities have burned down since this "affirmative action" started and how many cities burned down when there was no affirmative action? You try to use these lame test, which were not used less than 20 years ago when most Fire Departments were all white, but now all of a sudden, because you guys fear competition, (because what you do requries little to no school a 10 year old if he could carry a hose could be a fireman) you're now scared. FAce it you cannot handle the truth. I highly doubt you want to get into a serious debate with me. I look only at problems not at colors and i make my assumptions based on characteristics, facts that support those characteristics, and let the chips fall where they may.

The comparison to S.Korea came about because the original poster made the comparison to his homeland and the blacks here in America. I was merely correcting his ill informed bs. Now, i could make the comparison of asians here vs asians in S.Korea as well and you'd note they do better here, because each racial minority does well here. However, what i'm pointing out is that this has nothing to do with blacks or asians. It has to do with the "freedoms and liberties" we are all allowed to enjoy here in the United States. Why else would Koreans do better in the US than in Korea? If you wanted to truly discuss this than you need to make it about the problem of poverty. HOw did we get Jews, Italians, and Irish people to stop murdering each other at higher rates???????

1. Provide Access to Jobs--(basically the new deal subsidized them)
2. Provide Access to Education
3. Most important we legalized the drugs they were all killing themselves over to make a business out of (namely alcohol), they still engaged in prostition and other illegal businesses

Now, my reason for saying all of this is you would not have come on here attacking all blacks nor would you have used race if that was your true intention. I have no problem if you do not like blacks, that your freedom of choice, however, i'm not going to stand by and let you falsly accuse an entire group of people for a few million bad apples. Most blacks do not live in the community you are describing. For instance i'm black and grew up in a gated community and i'm a third generation college educated, so this is not my community. The fact that they are black is of little concern to me, so i take offense to it. My community consist of other college educated people etc whether black or white. Now, i'm a bit bias towards people fairly or unfairly picking on other racial groups, because usually their problems have little to anything to do with their race. Anyone that uses race to define poverty or success if a bigot plain and simple.

If all white people are rich, why are you a fireman?

If all black people are poor why is this tard watching Opera?

You get my point?

The more you collectively group people and decide that their problems are generated because of their race the more problems you create, because you never get to the root of the real problem. Stop shifting blame. What needs to be done in these communities is what was done in a lot of the poor white underclass communities. However, the larger point is it most likely will not be done just like its not being done in many of hte poor inner city white areas. Government, wealthy members, and racist like yourselves are not going to solve their problems, but coming on here talking about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson like they are the voice of 36 millio blacks is offensive.

I don't question you about everything Rush Limbaugh or Howard Sterns says. I don't use those clowns as the voice of White America, so don't insult me by using those two clowns.

Anyway you problem isn't blacks it's that you're a racist, so no amount of logic i toss in your direction is going to hit you. However, what is your level of education attianment and what is your level of income. Should I assume because you're white you have gone to college have a masters and work at Goldman Sachs (because thats the white stereotype) do you fit that ????????

I'm not seriously asking your income or education attainment as i don't care
You are making me laugh so hard!!! So, thanks for you post!!! Obviously, you are very angry with all your defenses and you have lowered yourself to personal attacks. As for me, I have graduated from one of the Ivy League Schools. I have owned my own business, which I sold for a hefty profit. I have also gave in thousands of dollars and on a board to an org (non-profit) that create after school programs for the poor inner-city kids. The program is so successfull that we have 60% rate of kids that get higher education.

As far as the asians, you can't compare So. Korean to the US blacks...because the social structure that they have. For, example they are still very divided by class of the rich and poor. The equal opportunity that we have in the US and Korea is very different.

And, by the way. I am not a fireman...I have friends that are fireman. What they have done is that there are not enogh minorities in the fire dept so they have done heavy recruiting to the moniorities...what has happened as a result is that (mainly the backs) could not pass the test (not the physical) so they lowered the test so that more blacks can get into the fireman program. Aa quote from one of the black leaders readers:

" president of the Vulcan Society, an organization of black firefighters. Mr. Washington, a vocal advocate for increased minority hiring within the FDNY, has maintained for years that the written portion of the department's entrance exam unfairly wipes out many black candidates."

UFA, Vulcans: Make Physical More Important; Call That Key Step To Boost Minority Ranks in FDNY (http://www.thechief-leader.com/news/2006/0519/News/004.html - broken link)

Who is whining and want expections for the blacks because they just can't cut it! It's not the asian, latinos...NO it's the black leaders!!!!!!! New york has spent over 2.4 million to recruit firefighters. (see the article below)
BULLYING THE FDNY - New York Post

If you want to be equal tand respect then work within the standards that is held amongst everyone else! Then you wonder why we think the way we do?

Listen and listen very clearly...I am not attacking all the blacks...and make all the excuses that you want. However, the blacks "yell" and use the race card more often than anyother "race" and you want "special accomodations" and exceptions because of your color! That is why I used the firefighter example. Did you see the lawsuits...I don't get what I want so let me sue! And by the way FDNY did lower the writtin test so that the "blacks" can pass.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:31 PM

Link from the New York Post:

Isn't this farce getting a bit old? Society has spent decades and millions of dollars trying unsuccessfully to close the same score gap on the SATs, LSATs, MCATs and every other objective standardized test. The claim that any given test is racist simply because blacks and Hispanics don't score as well on it as whites and Asians is absurd. The FDNY has twisted itself in knots for more than 20 years trying to hire more blacks and Hispanics without wholly compromising standards.

And then you wonder why this post is valid?

Old 03-03-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Link from the New York Post:

Isn't this farce getting a bit old? Society has spent decades and millions of dollars trying unsuccessfully to close the same score gap on the SATs, LSATs, MCATs and every other objective standardized test. The claim that any given test is racist simply because blacks and Hispanics don't score as well on it as whites and Asians is absurd. The FDNY has twisted itself in knots for more than 20 years trying to hire more blacks and Hispanics without wholly compromising standards.

And then you wonder why this post is valid?
I agree with in that as a whole race not all blacks are like this. But if you are black are you not tired of your own race that continue to keep blacks at lower standards and the al sharpton and jesse's that give the blacks keep your the AA's down? They are keeping the divide and racism alive...they are not helping the blacks, but keeping them down.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I agree with in that as a whole race not all blacks are like this. But if you are black are you not tired of your own race that continue to keep blacks at lower standards and the al sharpton and jesse's that give the blacks keep your the AA's down? They are keeping the divide and racism alive...they are not helping the blacks, but keeping them down.
Good for you i happend to graduate from a school in the Northeast and one of my parents attended an Ivy league school, but like i said before that means nothing.

Anyway tackling your arugment again and i'll repeat what i did before. Would you like me to list all the prefential treatment plans that whites partake in and are still heavily subsidized by the government???????? Farmers, manufacturers etc on down the list????

Look i'm for the free-market and i believe in free and fair competition, but clearly the Fire Department bs is exactly that bs.

Let me summarize what you just said.

"Every white fireman that has every put on a uniform has been extremely qualified to take on the job of firmean, which requires him to intellectually basically do a bunch of nothing other than operate a few buttons on a fire truck. I have also screened every black candidate that has applied to be a fireman from the 1800's on until today and have found them all to be unqualified and begging for handouts"

This is basically what you're saying. Ivy league???

Anyway, basic logic

Does any group have a monopoly on qualifications?

Yes or No and why?

Are all whites that apply to be fireman qualified??

Are all blacks that apply to be fireman unqualified?

How many unqualified whites work in small non-large city fire departments?

How many major cities have burned down, because there was a black guy on the fire department?

How many Irish, Italians, and Poles who were extremely unqualified (did not even speak english) based on today's standards did a somewhat decent jobs patroling fires in the 1900's. Why did they get the jobs? Government allowed them to pursue their freedom of choice with little regulation and they learned on the job.

Again i can always bring the argument back to comeptition.

Now, where i differ and the black guy you cited is on free competition. I think they should let everyone freely compete for the job. Now, the test is simply a government levied restriction on freedoms and creates a barrier to entry. If you did not need this sort of test 20 years ago why all of sudden do you need when you're facing competitoin?

Simple econcomics, its a protectionist measure by local and state government to protect poorly qualified whites nothing more nothing less.

Do you believe in freedoms? Why is the government regulating and creating barriers to entry for stupid jobs like fireman or police officer?

Any amount of basic training and a 10 year old could learn the job. Don't give me this unqualified stuff. I've noticed you've remained in this forum even though i invited you over to par-take in the other forum about 200 years +...how about you challenge me on that and we can discuss this fireman bs there.

Do you want me to start telling you what society has spent billion on for the heavily subsidized poor unskilled white worker???? Do you want me to detail the Great Society and New Deals for you?

Last thing about S.Korea you fall right into my argument again. Point was he made the mistake of wanting to compare a first world country. If blacks were given there own country i simply made the point that they would be wealthier than S.Korea. I could have made the point that as long as they continue to follow the tenants of the constitution, freely trade with other nations, protect the freedoms and rights of the people, they would continue to be one of the wealthiest nations. Want to argue with that?

I even followed and said exactly why those samse Koreans can come to the US and perform at excellent levels, because thye have the freedom to pursue whatever they want.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:01 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet, but could a corollary exist between achievement, race, and intelligence testing? I am not saying I believe this is true, per se, but there are several studies that at least consider the possibility:
Race and intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if this is true, instead of feeling offended by it (I am white, and according to these graphs, Asians typically test higher than my race, and I am not offended by it) shouldn't we at least consider this, and try to work around it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies