Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 07:48 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Racism's alive and well in Fl I can tell you that. You just watched a beating of white young man- you see people fire bomb churches - see people pick on a Muslim girl on a train - you see the snowbirds here tell employees they cannot speak Spanish in a retail store-- the beatings of a gay man- do you see the news?? go to you tube if need more--
You know all of that because of the highly efficient media. In the old days it was MUCH worse, but the spread of news was much less efficient.

The level of racism has gone down dramatically. In less that 60 years the USA went from Rosa Parks to Obama. That is an achievement of astronomical proportions. Obama could not sit in the back of the bus in the 50s and became president in 2008.

There is still racism, but today there are very few hurdles left. And there will be some racism after the last hurdle is conquered. At the end there will be the collective MEME perpetuated by the media and our culture and the negative stereotype of some minorities will endure.

The only way to eliminate racism is by performing at a high level. Asking whites not to be racist will not do the job. People based their opinions on stereotypes and sadly stereotypes are somewhat based on reality. Most people think that Asians are great at math-----that is a stereotype based on the fact that many Asians do well in math courses.

The only way to get rid of racism is to develop positive stereotypes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 07:48 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What do you do when you think you are not loved ? Suffer in silence ? Hhhmmmm...can you show us ?
That is insane. He is the POTUS now! There is a huge difference between a child and an adult in such high position. Just look at past presidents, (both republican and democrat) and you'll find none that acted like Donald.
I remember when G.W. Bush had a press conference and an Iraqi journalist threw his shoes at W! He dodged it and continued with his speech....

Old 01-09-2017, 07:56 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post

I also think white people do not consider themselves a "community" or ethnic group.
On the other hand the politicians and the media refer to others as the Black community, the Hispanic community, Asian community, etc.

Quote:
I am not offended if police arrests a white guy, beats him or the court sentences him for his crimes. If he is a criminal, he deserves it. If others don't like my holidays, that is OK. It's their opinion. Some people don't like whites? That is still fine as long as they aren't violent. I listen to classical music and I get it's not for everyone. I am not responsible for what another white person does and our connection is that we are both citizens of the same country.
It has to do with great self esteem. The WHITE people tend to have good self esteem and do not have the collective MEME of feeling angry about negative comments. Racial jokes about WHITES are OK because they simply don't care about others think.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:20 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Racism's alive and well in Fl I can tell you that. You just watched a beating of white young man- you see people fire bomb churches - see people pick on a Muslim girl on a train - you see the snowbirds here tell employees they cannot speak Spanish in a retail store-- the beatings of a gay man- do you see the news?? go to you tube if need more--
Just an FYI, the firebombing of the church was done by a church member, not some white racist person.

The Muslim on the train lied and was arrested for that lie.

I lived in FL, so don't even go there with the snowbirds telling anyone anything. The latinos that live there adamantly refuse to speak English to you and will even insult you in Spanish....it's lovely when they think that you, or someone that you're with, do not understand what they are saying. It's fun to call them out on it and watch that look of anger and shock cross their face. And the cops? They will side with a latino before a European white. I know, from personal experience, when some dbag destroyed the side of my car with his tour bus at work. The cops came out, the accident was on fricken video that my boss had installed - one looked over the parking lot, and they still did not charge the guy. He was latino. I'm not. It's not the snowbirds who are racist down there.

The stark difference between FL latinos and CA hispanics is night and day. Here in CA, there's a lot of hispanics, and they will speak Spanish to each other, but will also speak English to one who doesn't understand Spanish. They also don't just assume that you speak Spanish, like happened in FL. They don't get an attitude if you don't speak Spanish, like happened in FL. And it wasn't from Cubans that it happened in FL, it was the people from South America that had that attitude about Spanish.

I will agree, however, that there is definite racism in Florida. My co-workers in one of my jobs were unbelievably racist to the point that they would claim that they were "not racist towards n"s, they "get along with some black people". I had been around closet racists in the Pacific Northwest, I was not used to people being so vocal about it. Another co-worker absolutely refused to watch any movie with a black actor in it, but then would tell you, with a serious face, that he wasn't racist. We HAD a black guy that worked there, and they would say this stuff around him. They all treated him pretty well, said that they liked him, but then talked all this crap around him. I always wondered what he thought, but I never asked. I did tell my co-workers that they were racist, but they didn't like that. Not one bit.

Racism is not just from whites, it exists in all races. It will never be fully eradicated because some people are just stupid, and we were starting to get better not too long ago...but then we got this administration that we are almost done with, (finally), and we got the media stoking those fires for ratings. The media doesn't care about any of us. All they want is their ad revenue and to cause division. Media is propaganda, and too many believe their lies. They won't even report half the stuff that goes on, but they sure like to sit on a story for weeks if it will cause massive disruption across the nation.

Oh, and for the record, I don't hate myself because I'm white. I don't have white guilt. I don't know what school some of these posters have been going to, but I was never taught to hate myself because of the color of my skin, just as my mom taught me not to hate people because of the color of their skin or heritage. So to that poster on the first page, you don't speak for all whites.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 01-09-2017 at 08:29 PM..

Old 01-09-2017, 08:24 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
This is part of the "victim mentality" pushed by the left.. when you constantly hear in media and popular culture that you've been oppressed, you're a victim, etc. it will come to be what you believe and you'll be sensitive towards your perceived oppressors.

It's the same reason millennials are seen as "snowflakes" and gender roles have kind of reversed.. women are the outgoing, aggressive ones while the males are weak and ineffective (relative to decades ago) ... because that's the way the school system raises them.

People are a product of their environment. If you're raised to tolerate hardship and have a thick skin you'll grow up that way.

On another note...

Racism has never really been the right term.. culturalism is more like it... people like other people who act like they do.. take a black newborn raise them in a white suburban environment and they'll be accepted just fine because they'll act like everyone around them. On the other hand a white male who listens to rap with his pants around his knees with a ghetto way of speaking will tend to be outcast or stereotyped from a typical suburban setting and be more tolerated in progressive, larger cities or the ghetto. Tolerance for other cultures is the issue here, not so much other races. There's also the issue where it seems like only whites can be racist.. that any other minority culture is allowed to be simply because they are minority.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:27 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Because the white population are no special, nobody cares about the political correctness,

Old 01-09-2017, 08:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What is our soon-to-be President's problem? He is easily offended.
My guess, the President-elect will work with Democrats. President Obama refused to, due to him thinking Republicans didn't like him. Remember the backseat comment......lets see what Trump has to say when he enters office.

I'd say most whites didn't see "racism" or the hate from the left coming.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:39 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Why are most ethnicities and nationalities so sensitive about negative remarks? The only exception I see are most people of European descent.

Why do people of European ancestry accept negative remarks with little complaint? IN the meantime other groups go into panic mode.

Do people of European ancestry have a better self image and self esteem? Why are the other groups so sensitive?

Hypersensitivity to a negative critique is an American phenomenon that is much less common in other countries.

I will admit there has been oppression in the past, but it seems there is something else going on.
I am sure Russia had something to do with it...

Old 01-09-2017, 10:09 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
On the other hand the politicians and the media refer to others as the Black community, the Hispanic community, Asian community, etc.

It has to do with great self esteem. The WHITE people tend to have good self esteem and do not have the collective MEME of feeling angry about negative comments. Racial jokes about WHITES are OK because they simply don't care about others think.
But this is the beginning of healing. Not reparations or special laws for "ethnic group X". Just- "I don't care what you think about my skin color or hair". "Not responsible for criminals that happen to have same skin color as I do". "I'm doing fine, thank you, do not need your assurance".
Ancestry? Some of my relatives are Aussies. Do you know who the first white settlers of Australia were? Convicts, murderers, those who society deemed "the worst of the worst". If true, Australians could never show their face in public, ever. Yet they seem at peace with their past.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:46 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Don't like Trump. OK, Why harm the country by trying to keep it divided. The transition time is when we are weakest. Let Trump get his cabinet in place so we can respond to the bad actors around the world. That is what the left can't seem to do. Act in the best interest of the country. Openly calling for obstruction during the transition is harmful to America.

What do you do when you think you are not loved ? Suffer in silence ? Hhhmmmm...can you show us ?

My, what short memories Trumpettes have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc

How do Republicans even get the nerve to ask for cooperation after the way they have behaved for the last 8 years? Talk about hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies