Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 02:31 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Durbin has never lived in Chicago. He's from downstate and has resided in Springfield, 200+ miles south of the city, for more than 40 years.

Has anyone asked Sessions why he voted for the Iraq War Resolution?
That's one of those questions that the democrats don't exactly like bringing up considering just about everyone did. (Not saying right or wrong).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 02:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
As usual, Ted Cruz comes out and blows up the limp wristed snowflake, that was trying to use Fake News as his evidence. That was too KOOL!

Old 01-10-2017, 03:00 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
As usual, Ted Cruz comes out and blows up the limp wristed snowflake, that was trying to use Fake News as his evidence. That was too KOOL!
It is never that I give Cruz any credit, but BAM! He nailed it and shut down that stupid meme that the liberals have been lying about regarding Sessions and the KKK.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:00 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,218 times
Quote:
Saw him and he did a great job.

I watched a lot of this and I thought Sessions did a great job holding his own.

For whoever asked about LGBT rights, he said he would uphold the law as it is. As with any law. That would be his job as AG.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:08 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post

For whoever asked about LGBT rights, he said he would uphold the law as it is. As with any law. That would be his job as AG.

A lot of those questions were not even of the job of the AG office.
What would you do... What if....

All he needed to do was answer, "Well, that is the job of congress is it not. I am there to enforce all law congress passes and the President signs into law."

"The Constitution does not give me, the AG, that authority" would have been the short sweet answer, to many of those virtue signaling questions.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:12 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post

Thank you for the info. So that's good for the LGBT folks.

What about marijuana? Will he respect state laws, or will he revoke the agreement Holder had with marijuana-friendly states?

Old 01-10-2017, 03:15 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I've been watching this for a while now this afternoon, and it's pretty ridiculous.

They aren't asking questions to learn anything, they're making statements masked as questions.

The Democrats are trying to make him look bad while the Republicans are trying to make him look good. Neither side is trying to learn anything.

What a joke.
The loony left still playing the same old race cards, somehow they have not gotten the memo that this crap just isn't going to work anymore.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
A lot of those questions were not even of the job of the AG office.
What would you do... What if....

All he needed to do was answer, "Well, that is the job of congress is it not. I am there to enforce all law congress passes and the President signs into law."

"The Constitution does not give me, the AG, that authority" would have been the short sweet answer, to many of those virtue signaling questions.
Agreed and he did say that over and over. Not word for word.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Thank you for the info. So that's good for the LGBT folks.

What about marijuana? Will he respect state laws, or will he revoke the agreement Holder had with marijuana-friendly states?
Sorry I didn't hear about marijuana. I wasn't able to watch it all and the talking heads took over for awhile too. So, if it was brought up, I missed it. I am sure he said the same thing as LGBT rights.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I've been watching this for a while now this afternoon, and it's pretty ridiculous.

They aren't asking questions to learn anything, they're making statements masked as questions.

The Democrats are trying to make him look bad while the Republicans are trying to make him look good. Neither side is trying to learn anything.

What a joke.
They already know who he is.

I was watching the Cruz speech... he said only 40% of the Obama Justice Dept. actions to the Supreme Court were successful. The average is about 70% success with the Supreme Court. Many actions involved both Obama nominees voting against the Obama Justice Dept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies