Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 08:09 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times

Advertisements

Can Trump stop an FBI investigation? If they are right now investigating Trump ties to Russia - can Trump stop it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 08:10 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well the golden showers are interesting, but the stories of collusion and treasonous meddling in the electoral process are what's going to make him come undone.
Exactly right.

Who cares what a person's sexual proclivities and fetishes are? I'll wager 2/3 of all the presidents of the US had mistresses and affairs ... just like Grover Cleveland who allegedly fathered a child out of wedlock ("Ma, Ma! Where's my Pa? "), or the gay one - James Buchanan who was in a relationship with another man and they were nicknamed "Miss Nancy and Aunt Fancy" in Washington.

It's about being compromised and the possibility of BLACKMAIL that is alarming.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:11 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,334,242 times
Oh Lord. This isn't good. I voted for Hillary but the LAST person I want in there is Pence. And far-right conservatives in Congress would be MORE than glad to see Trump go. They'll be nudging him out the door faster than any Democrat would.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:11 PM

13,407 posts, read 9,940,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I think the reports that are currently circulating on the internet right now are fake and there is a real report out there that we can't see.
That could well be true, in which case the FBI had better cough up the real one.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:13 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
CNN reporting that US intelligence officials briefed POTUS and POTUS-Elect that Russians have compromised Trump with both personal and financial information. The source is allegedly a well vetted MI6 agent, they are currently trying to verify the information in the claims are true though.
Communist News Network = CNN = RT - TV = Propaganda until the evidence is produced and made public.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,406,871 times
Quote:
You mean John McCain met with 4chan users in London to get in on the hoax?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ussia-contacts
There seems to be an issue on whether it was an intelligence report. CNN reports "CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats."
Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him - CNNPolitics.com

The allegation from ZeroHedge is
"a post on 4Chan now claims that the infamous "golden showers" scene in the unverified 35-page dossier, allegedly compiled by a British intelligence officer, was a hoax and fabricated by a member of the chatboard as "fanfiction", then sent to Rick Wilson, who proceeded to send it to the CIA, which then put it in their official classified intelligence report on the election."

If that made it in the CIA report, then what other dubious sources supplied info that made it in the report.

Already some issues exist:
Alpha Group does not exist; there is Alfa Group.

Michael Cohen (The Trump Organization EVP and Special Counsel to Donald J. Trump) is supposed to have met Russian intelligence in Prague, but Cohen twittered that he has never been to Prague.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,650,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Honestly, McCain has behaved pretty responsibly through this whole thing. He seems genuinely alarmed by the way Trump is behaving with regard to Russia and maybe he feels this report explains it.
You mean that guy that actually fought against Russian interests instead of chickening out?

Old 01-10-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Oh Lord. This isn't good. I voted for Hillary but the LAST person I want in there is Pence. And far-right conservatives in Congress would be MORE than glad to see Trump go. They'll be nudging him out the door faster than any Democrat would.
Yeah I hear that.

If all this is true - given that he's not sworn in yet - is there any precedent or policy on what happens if the President Elect is found to have colluded with a foreign power for the purpose of getting elected? Pence would not have been elected without Trump, and Trump is potentially not fit for office. (I mean legally, I know he's not fit.)

Old 01-10-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
There seems to be an issue on whether it was an intelligence report. CNN reports "CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats."
Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him - CNNPolitics.com

The allegation from ZeroHedge is
"a post on 4Chan now claims that the infamous "golden showers" scene in the unverified 35-page dossier, allegedly compiled by a British intelligence officer, was a hoax and fabricated by a member of the chatboard as "fanfiction", then sent to Rick Wilson, who proceeded to send it to the CIA, which then put it in their official classified intelligence report on the election."

If that made it in the CIA report, then what other dubious sources supplied info that made it in the report.

Already some issues exist:
Alpha Group does not exist; there is Alfa Group.

Michael Cohen (The Trump Organization EVP and Special Counsel to Donald J. Trump) is supposed to have met Russian intelligence in Prague, but Cohen twittered that he has never been to Prague.
I don't know if the report I read is factual or not, but I do think the intelligence is (that Russia has compromising material) - it hasn't been officially released yet.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:20 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,484,749 times
Quote:
That could well be true, in which case the FBI had better cough up the real one.
They know what they are doing, they will release it when they feel its necessary.

As a person who was not a big fan of trump and one of those whose jaws dropped on election night and had that down feeling the day after, this all makes me feel way more comfortable. Its good to see other acts of leadership (in this case being the FBI, CIA and MI8) who are looking out for us, its good to know they have our backs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies