Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 08:49 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,215,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
He won't be impeached. Even if they had him on video grabbing......... Ohhhhhhhhhhh wait. Lol. Republicans Controll ALL KNOWN branches of power and 31 state governments AND the SuPreme court. Single party rule . I wouldn't be surprised if they marched all the Democrats out in the street and exiled them Saddam Bathist style. This is a new era where there are no ethics and consolidated power. Donald Trump could be a traitor and nobody would care.
I was thinking along those lines, but I'm not so sure now. Trump has his small base (25-30 percent of the country max), but if you watched the hearings closely today, even Sessions sounds like he'll stand up to to Trump. I'm not fond of the guy, but as he was speaking, it almost looked like it was dawning on him what an extremist nutjob Trump is.

As Trump continues to skirt the law by remaining tied to his business and dragging family members into the WH a la Saddam Hussein, I think the establishment GOP will continuously distance themselves from him. They may be conservative, but most are familiar with, and respect, the law and the government, which Trump obviously does not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 08:49 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,736,256 times
They won't impeach their own guy. Won't happen .Even if he was facing our nuke locations directly to Moscow.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:50 PM

6,546 posts, read 6,703,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
This has already been discussed:

//www.city-data.com/forum/46785404-post163.html

They won't be able to place him in Prague, given his confidence of that fact as expressed on Twitter and his challenge for investigators to check his passport.

This assertion in regard to Cohen will be one definite piece of fake information within the so-called report that will work to impugn the author's credibility and the rest of the unverifiable information in the report.

The other fake news in the report, which will send everyone who is taking it seriously scurrying, is that kids from an internet forum made up the sexual deviance story and put it into circulation, at which time the Neocons and dems started treating it like real intel.

This report is going to take people down, and those people won't be Trump and his administration.
Exactly. The shoe is going to be on the other foot.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:50 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,477,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Can someone please explain why he would be impeached or disqualified over this?

Why wouldn't he continue lumbering along?
I read all 35 pages of the report.

One example of why Trump could be impeached - scroll down to page 30 of the report and read detail #2:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...legations.html

If true, Trump agreed that the U.S. would lift economic sanctions against Russia in exchange for his receiving a 19% interest in Rosneft, a Russian oil company owned 50% by the Russian government: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosneft

Old 01-10-2017, 08:52 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,384,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
If this is true, there'll be a trail.

I'm open to it. Let's see it.
True.

I would use this article as a lead, as it links to the forum in question where their claims are being discussed.

4Chan Claims To Have Fabricated Anti-Trump Report As A Hoax | Zero Hedge

The article also summarizes and links to, directly, some of the relevant discussion.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:53 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,736,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I was thinking along those lines, but I'm not so sure now. Trump has his small base (25-30 percent of the country max), but if you watched the hearings closely today, even Sessions sounds like he'll stand up to to Trump. I'm not fond of the guy, but as he was speaking, it almost looked like it was dawning on him what an extremist nutjob Trump is.

As Trump continues to skirt the law by remaining tied to his business and dragging family members into the WH a la Saddam Hussein, I think the establishment GOP will continuously distance themselves from him. They may be conservative, but most are familiar with, and respect, the law and the government, which Trump obviously does not.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Stay tuned my friend. Republicans are in power and they dare not weaken themselves by cannibalizing their own . It would show weakness and they would get crushed in the midterms . Pissed off 30 percent (Trump dead enders) and a massive Obama, Clinton and Bernie coalition...... Trump is the leader of the party and they won't turn on him.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:53 PM

13,250 posts, read 9,872,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lifezette is a site founded by Laura Ingrams. Hardly neutral. Of course they're going to push the 4chan angle.

Which if it's true, I'd love to see how that evolved. It's all documented, if so.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:54 PM

51,618 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Apparently, though it's not confirmed, Trump was fed all kinds of stuff on Hillary in return for some quid pro quo potential RE deals. That's treasonous, surely.

And, who knows how far this thing actually goes that only Putin and his minions - and Trump - knows about?

Extortion of the POTUS by an unfriendly power is a teensy bit unseemly.
Unseemly? I should say.

But is it illegal?

So far, Trump has been on the receiving end of Putin's assistance. It would seem to me that the illegal part won't happen until he's in office and advocates waiving the sanctions or some other action that would benefit Putin.

What am I missing here?

Old 01-10-2017, 08:54 PM

13,250 posts, read 9,872,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
True.

I would use this article as a lead, as it links to the forum in question where their claims are being discussed.

4Chan Claims To Have Fabricated Anti-Trump Report As A Hoax | Zero Hedge

The article also summarizes and links to, directly, some of the relevant discussion.
Okay thanks, I'll check it out.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:00 PM

8,490 posts, read 3,310,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
"Sources" also told us Obama was born in Kenya. How is this any different than birthers?

You people are deranged.
Different? You gotta be kidding me. The title of the thread is REPORT. Intelligence agencies will continue to investigate, report to Congress (should they wish to convene an investigation), who will draw whatever conclusions they think appropriate then, as necessary, make the appropriate public statements. (To say, take the appropriate action would be getting waaaay out too front.)

Compare that to a talk show host saying that he sent some possibly non-existent investigator to Hawaii to look into the President's birth and that the investigator couldn't believe what he was finding. And the result was? The time was never right for Trump to reveal these findings.

No real assertion much less conclusion here AT ALL, but its a whole different kind of *process.*

Last edited by EveryLady; 01-10-2017 at 09:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies