Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2017, 07:37 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
A lot of right wingers were saying this about Oboma over the last 8 years. It's nothing new.
I'm glad this was actually on the first page. Though it should have been the very first comment.

And people need to get off their high-horses, with their silly holier-than-though attitudes, pretending as if they didn't feel the exact same way when Obama became president. And when they called incessantly for his impeachment.

I could care less if they did or didn't, but I hate hypocrites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It means nothing. If you're an American, Trump is YOUR president. Period, point blank.
What exactly is an American? Watch this video, is he right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhQ31b_dbnM

You're conflating "Americanism" with "The federal government". They aren't the same thing.

No one is more irritated by the hypocritical-whiners of the political-left than me. And the pathetic and desperate attempts to stay in power, trying to push us practically into war with Russia, while encouraging basically anarchy at home.

But, you're wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 09:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm glad this was actually on the first page. Though it should have been the very first comment.

And people need to get off their high-horses, with their silly holier-than-though attitudes, pretending as if they didn't feel the exact same way when Obama became president. And when they called incessantly for his impeachment.

I could care less if they did or didn't, but I hate hypocrites.

What exactly is an American? Watch this video, is he right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhQ31b_dbnM

You're conflating "Americanism" with "The federal government". They aren't the same thing.

No one is more irritated by the hypocritical-whiners of the political-left than me. And the pathetic and desperate attempts to stay in power, trying to push us practically into war with Russia, while encouraging basically anarchy at home.

But, you're wrong.
No I'm not. You are.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Lightbulb "He's not my President" - what does that even mean?

It's directly related to:

a) losing the vote by 3 million

b) behaving like a spoiled adolescent constantly seeking attention

c) lowest approval rating EVER for an incoming prez

That should clear up any confusion.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:20 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
it is also true that no other President Elect has faced the kind of vitriol as this president. There are prominent people currently calling for Martial Law until such time as Trump can be removed. That is a fact. We have news outlets that actively worked to get his opponent elected under the guise of "news"

We have hard news reporters that were CRYING on election night when Hillary lost. ON CAMERA.
And we had the Russians helping Trump get elected.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:24 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It can only mean one of two things: either they are planning to leave the country or they are citizens of some other country. Otherwise like it or not, he is your president and mine; We are Americans, he is the president; end of story.
And is that the way you thought about Obama?

Old 01-14-2017, 06:35 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Pretty much the same as a small child denying that it's bedtime.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:37 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
He's not my President, then again I am not American, so it's actually true.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:20 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I would be extremely upset if America prospers under him. It would put the sheep the sleep, and therefore make them less likely to revolt.

The worse America gets, the better things are in the long term. Hopefully he does what he is expected to: wreck the economy, start some war, make America hated and isolated, and take most of the GOP down with him. Hopefully a critical mass of people fleeing the GOP name will fuel the Libertarian Party, and they will be the balance to the Dems.
So you are hoping soldiers die in war, people lose their jobs and homes and the country is in peril just so your political party may gain support?

What a great person you must be.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:51 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times
Political Polarization: The growing ideological gap along political party lines | Pew Research Center

The US *is* becoming more politically polarized according to the data. There's large generational and education gaps which are driving the changes.

The most recent election was a demonstration of what I hypothesize is/was the last hurrah for uneducated whites. Their belief is that the POTUS has a lot of control over issues like globalization, immigration, etc... While there are some policies which may help a tiny-bit, automation and the shift of global wealth to other countries will be happening regardless.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:53 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
What the phrase "He's not my President" means is: We lost and it isn't fair so I want to take my ball and go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies