Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 09:16 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tump2020 View Post
Translated its Waaaaaa Waaaaaaa I did not get what I want. waaaaaa.
No, it is Waaaaaa Waaaaaaaaa, we got what this country did not need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 09:25 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Trust me, if you were stranded in a foreign country and needed the help of this country to find your way home, Donald Trump is your president, and he oversees the US Embassy that would help you back to safety, unless of course you would voluntarily remain in danger because "hes not your president". Doesn't mean you have to like him, heck I don't, but the office of the POTUS is the most powerful office in the world, and as an American citizen it will suit you well to recognize that if you are ever unlucky enough to be in a compromised situation. Its an office, not a person, but go ahead and play the 4 year old stomp your feet and hold your breath game until you are blue game if it makes you feel better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Yep, that's why there is a travel ban in the u.s. on seven countries, because he is helping people find their way home ...
Quote:
Look, I can't help it if you don't like the laws of this country. The SCOTUS held up the travel ban, and the travel ban doesn't apply to citizens of the US. Those folks impacted by the travel ban are ironically well within their rights to say that "he isn't my president" because they aren't US citizens.

Logic is pretty simple here, try and distance your political biases and live in the world of reality. Go vote for someone else in 2020, god knows I will and I didn't vote for him in 2016, but guess what? Hes just as much my president as he is your president. So was Obama, so was Bush, so was Clinton, So was Bush....
Quote:
Trump Administration Stopped Mostly Legal Residents With Travel Ban

You want to come back and try again, or are you just that naive ...
Quote:
No need to try again or call names. The original ban you reference was fought in court, revised, and then given legal standing by the SCOTUS. So yeah, unless you think that the majority of the SCOTUS justices are "naieve" then you have nothing here with your name calling.

Again, I didn't vote for him, but he is my POTUS, but more importantly, what is mine is the Constitution, and our system of checks and balances that far outweigh any one individual that occupies the White House for a few years. I fully embrace the POTUS, SCOTUS, Constitution, House, Congress...whatever it is, you name it. I'm all for smaller government and limited government intervention, but at the core its all working as designed and he IS your president, sorry, but not really.
Quote:
Trust me, if you were stranded in a foreign country and needed the help of this country to find your way home, Donald Trump is your president

"Under President Donald Trump's first travel ban, immigration officials stopped almost 2,000 people in nine days in airports, at border crossings and even on boats across the country. The majority of the people stopped were documented United States residents."
________
He is helping people find their way .... Home.

Timeline: Legal fight over Trump's 'Muslim ban' and the Supreme Court ruling
Quote:
"Plaintiffs assert that by singling out nationals from the six predominantly Muslim countries, the Executive Order causes harm by stigmatizing not only immigrants and refugees, but also Muslim citizens of the United States. Plaintiffs point to public statements by the President and his advisors regarding the implementation of a "Muslim ban," which Plaintiffs contend is the tacit and illegitimate motivation underlying the Executive Order."
— Excerpt from restraining order on second travel ban
The naive part is believing the only people this ban effects are immigrants which is bad enough in itself, but it also effects those with Muslim last names that are u.s. citizens ...

Old 07-23-2018, 09:27 PM

30,349 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnfarm1947 View Post
Seacove - I can't rep you again but wish I could. This and the other post (on Hillary Clinton's looks) make me wonder if a woman, no matter how smart or how hard she works, will ever be allowed to be president. It seems we are still judged first on being youthful, thin, and "pretty" with a whole different standard for male candidates. And, BTW, Donald Trump will never be my president either. He has no moral compass and stands for nothing, except himself. My WWII Purple Heart Dad would be so upset to see what this country has become.
My WWII double Purple Heart Dad that survived Omaha Beach and a German POW camp would be so happy with what this country has become.

My not voting for Hitlary had zero to do with how she looked....she is an evil woman.

Why don't we all band together and see to it that Sara Palin is elected in 2024 after Trump finishes his 8 years in the name of diversity.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tump2020 View Post
Translated its Waaaaaa Waaaaaaa I did not get what I want. waaaaaa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Donald Trump Is the President America Deserves
"Do Americans simply not care about their professed values as deeply as the French do about theirs?"

Old 07-23-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My WWII double Purple Heart Dad that survived Omaha Beach and a German POW camp would be so happy with what this country has become.

My not voting for Hitlary had zero to do with how she looked....she is an evil woman.

Why don't we all band together and see to it that Sara Palin is elected in 2024 after Trump finishes his 8 years in the name of diversity.
She'd have to show me more spunk, than what I have seen so far ...

Old 07-23-2018, 09:32 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,971,928 times
Quote:

"Under President Donald Trump's first travel ban, immigration officials stopped almost 2,000 people in nine days in airports, at border crossings and even on boats across the country. The majority of the people stopped were documented United States residents."
________
He is helping people find their way .... Home.

Timeline: Legal fight over Trump's 'Muslim ban' and the Supreme Court ruling

The naive part is believing the only people this ban effects are immigrants which is bad enough in itself, but it also effects those with Muslim last names that are u.s. citizens ...
So your reply is to repost the same thing again that I already refuted? Childish and intentionally disingenuous at best. I should have known better. Like I said though, 1st travel ban is not where we are anymore, it was fought against, revised, and later upheld. Again, this is why although I don't support him, I have the adult capacity to acknowledge him as my POTUS, and every other part of this country as "mine" since its working as intended with its check, balances, and legal system.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
So your reply is to repost the same thing again that I already refuted? Childish and intentionally disingenuous at best. I should have known better. Like I said though, 1st travel ban is not where we are anymore, it was fought against, revised, and later upheld. Again, this is why although I don't support him, I have the adult capacity to acknowledge him as my POTUS, and every other part of this country as "mine" since its working as intended with its check, balances, and legal system.
So is it fake news that u.s. citizens are being hassled at the airports and boarder crossings? You haven't refuted anything.
btw: when Donald Trump bought rent controlled apartments, he would harass the tenants trying to force them to move. He is using the same tactics to those with 'other' sounding last names, regardless of whether or not they are u.s. citizens or not. It's all the same to him ... prop him up and enjoy. For me he leaves a bad taste in my mouth ... always did.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 07-23-2018 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: btw ...

Old 07-23-2018, 09:40 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaa come up with some policy's people will vote for. Waaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa

Diaper change on isle 3 please. Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaa
Not my President Waaaaaaa Waaaa

Old 07-23-2018, 09:42 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

Oh, God, I would pay good money to see Sarah back in the running again ! If you think Trump is funny, Crazy Sarah is hilarious !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSyebwAkiGo

Tina Fey has nothing on Sarah Palin, Sarah is even crazier !

Old 07-23-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaa come up with some policy's people will vote for. Waaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa

Diaper change on isle 3 please. Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaaa
Not my President Waaaaaaa Waaaa
Depends ... for the one in the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies