Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:31 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times

Advertisements

I have heard "He's not my President" in reference to Trump from friends, clients, online, even my mother. I was speaking with my Mom about this last night.

It doesn't matter that you didn't vote for Trump. It doesn't matter if you despise Trump. It doesn't matter if you fear for the future because of Trump. As far as I'm concerned it's a plain vanilla straight forward fact that Donald Trump IS YOUR president, the POTUS of every citizen in this country. I didn't vote for Trump, but he is MY President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 06:50 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBluebell View Post
I will never consider him my president. Ever. I will never respect him. I will never call him the president. I will not watch the inauguration.
And they wonder how they lost the election!

Hint. Acting like little spoiled brats who didn't get their way, is NOT going to get any of those 900 lost seats back.

Suck it up, grow up.

We survived 8 years if Clinton and Obama, you can survive a Trump Presidency!

Old 01-11-2017, 06:52 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
It's the 12 year old mentality. It makes zero difference that they say it, but for some reason it makes them feel better, as incorrect as it is.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:53 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
I will never consider him my president. Ever. I will never respect him. I will never call him the president. I will not watch the inauguration.
It's perfectly fine not to respect him, to hate him, to think he's an idiot, whatever.

But I still don't understand how he's not your president. Obama gave his exit speech, and Trump will soon be inaugurated as POTUS. That makes him president. If you live in the U.S. and are a citizen, then by fact he is your president, like it or not. SO again, I don't understand what "He's not my president" means. You can say anything else about him, but the fact is he is the president, and mine as a citizen.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:54 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,864 times
"He is not My President" Can Mean that if He calls me to war I would not Support him and I would not enroll. If he calls me to volunteer in something I will Not. if he sends messages to the Nation I will ignore him. If I can do whatever to avoid paying taxes I will do.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:54 AM

626 posts, read 381,171 times
Quote:
Losing mentalities like this are exactly why America is turning on the Democratic party, most of us are better than this.

Cry cry cry me a river.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:58 AM

27,570 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
So, come January 20, who exactly do you think will be YOUR president?

Old 01-11-2017, 07:00 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And they wonder how they lost the election!

Hint. Acting like little spoiled brats who didn't get their way, is NOT going to get any of those 900 lost seats back.

Suck it up, grow up.

We survived 8 years if Clinton and Obama, you can survive a Trump Presidency!
Oh please. The right constantly trashed those two at every opportunity. Spoiled brats could certainly apply to the Trump Cult as well as they screamed for a birth certficate, then crawled under the bed on the issue once it was produced. The only reason they did not say "he's not our President" about Obama is they didn't think of the phrase soon enough. But it's clearly how they felt.

So since your group did not accept or respect the previous President why in the world would we "suck it up" and support your choice?

Old 01-11-2017, 07:00 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,835 times
A lot of right wingers were saying this about Oboma over the last 8 years. It's nothing new.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:02 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
It means they've either renounced their U.S. citizenship (doubtful) or they denying reality (likely).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies