Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 01:20 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,218,598 times

Advertisements

The trolling by 4chan was better than anything here on C.D./S.F.L.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:37 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

That CNN idiot thought he could shut down Trump with "that's not appropriate". Lol! What's pathetic is that it would have worked and has worked on almost everyone else.

Happy days are here again!
Don is IN CHARGE!! Liberals and MSM....you're FIRED!!!

MAGA!

Old 01-12-2017, 02:43 AM

14,756 posts, read 8,090,641 times
Quote:
Trump gave CNN a golden shower today
Yes, and Trump has plenty of golden showers himself, I hear.
Maybe that's why he is so very orange.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:37 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Did Trump lay anything to rest in his press confrontation?

Following a meandering opening statement, Trump dissed Senator Lindsey Graham as well as the intelligence services, then carried on about fake news stating, “I think it’s something that Nazi Germany would have done, and did do.”

For years now, Trump (as well as Stephen Bannon, his chief strategist of Breitbart fame) has flogged fake news and now he's claiming it's a Nazi tactic. Good grief.

Said he would be tough on Putin (you don't say), then called himself an "asset" for Putin.

Freudian slip? Does he not know what being an asset means in the spy v. spy world?

There was a bit of showmanship with a table stacked with manilla envelopes he claimed represented all the paperwork he had signed to turn over business operations to his two grown sons to avoid the appearance of conflicts of interest. Props or no props, did anyone actually believe this bit of nonsense?

To further support his odd claim of no conflicts of interests here, Trump announced he would not be releasing his tax returns after all. (Shocking news!)

Cheering and clapping was provided by Trump employees lining the room.

I can certainly understand Trump employees and fans cheering on their hero. However, the rest of the world is wondering why Trump would fan the story about being with prostitutes by insisting he would never do anything untoward in a hotel in Moscow. We all know he would.

Why would he carry on about "fake news" while dropping tidbits such as claiming the "real number" of unemployed is 96 million, a 37.8% unemployment rate, rather than the 4.7% rate (7.5 million) stated in the latest report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Even if you counted college as well as high school students, stay-at-home parents, job-training participants, those with disabilities... you couldn't get close to his numbers.

Why stack a table with props to remind everyone of how many potential conflicts of interest he has?

He did state that his legislative priorities are building the wall and repealing and replacing Obamacare. We'll see how that goes, eh?

On the positive side, Trump certainly has drummed up interest in how our government operates. Got to give him credit for that.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:18 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Apparently not, and apparently he is too lazy to look up information on his own. Such people deserve to remain ignorant.
Firstly, I'm a "she". Secondly, no I don't follow Trump on Twitter. I'm not that obsessed with the man. Thirdly, I looked everywhere for evidence for that statement and found none. Which is why I asked for a source.

Shouldn't have expected anything but insults and personal attacks, however. Shame on me.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:22 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Firstly, I'm a "she". Secondly, no I don't follow Trump on Twitter. I'm not that obsessed with the man. Thirdly, I looked everywhere for evidence for that statement and found none. Which is why I asked for a source.

Shouldn't have expected anything but insults and personal attacks, however. Shame on me.
Yes, shame on you for lying. It took me 3 seconds to find a dozen links. Don't tell me you looked everywhere and found nothing, when it's reported by every news outlet, because not only did he tweet it to the whole world, but he also repeated in his news conference.

Trump alleges leaks by U.S. spy agencies, says that's something 'Nazi Germany would have done

Trump alleges leaks by U.S. spy agencies, says that's something 'Nazi Germany would have done' - LA Times

Keep you head buried in the sand. That is your 'safe place'.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:31 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah, right after he makes them. Did the intelligence agencies leak the report? Maybe!!!! According to Trump.
According to Fox news, there were only 2 groups in that room - trump's and the intel folks. I vote that trump's people leaked the report.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Trump just announced that he is going to donate all profit from foreign government employees staying at his hotels to the US treasury. Liberals are going to be so mad. This is almost as bad as bringing jobs back to the US.
Wonder how they are going to prove that he's doing this? Will he wait until the pressure from the media is too great before he sends the money, like he did with the money for the vets?

Old 01-12-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
He's leaving it as is for 2017, he said. He had an excuse for that, of course. (Tip: He was lying during the campaign.)
So, he's going to keep congress from working to repeal it? All by himself? oh, yay!

Old 01-12-2017, 06:50 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah, right after he makes them. Did the intelligence agencies leak the report? Maybe!!!! According to Trump.
Trump will publicly attack anyone, even US servicemen, based purely on his own assumptions. How would he know who leaked it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.