Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2017, 01:12 PM

778 posts, read 339,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
I believe that if this is truly America people should have the right to choose what they want to be
Whether it is a man to a woman
a woman to a man
We all have rights..and who is to dare say they don't THIS is their own right,believe what you want..But they have rights to what they want to be.And before the insults come rushing in I am a Independent not a Democrat,I like both the republicans and Democrats,but I will not demean the purpose or reason why the transgender community is what it is..I have noticed in alot of my threads there are angry people who decide to take my posts in the wrong direction.Religion has nothing to do with the choices of the people.People can choose to marry whom they wish and when they wish it whether it be a man with a man or a woman with a woman If there can't be same sex marriages why even bother with marriages at all..
Agreed. But their rights end where my rights begin. They have the right to believe they are any gender and I have the right to believe in science and reality.

You must have been under a rock or something because the SCOTUS decided to redefine marriage last year, even though I can remember seeing a gay wedding on Rosanne back in the '90's.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
Oh so basically what your saying is you can enforce your beliefs of A MAN HAS A PENIS AND A WOMAN HAS A VAGINA?
How primitive?
How is a person's right to believe they are a man or a woman regardless of science and reality, but if you believe in science and reality you are ENFORCING "your" beliefs.

What is primitive is trying to push an argument of live and let live, until someone doesn't want to live under your rules...then you start the name calling and then your façade is shattered.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:00 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
If it's causing you distress and you're in dissonance with the world to the extent that it's sabotaging your pursuit of happiness, then you need to change. You need to work on you. You may need help, but you're not going to change the world, so if you want anything to change in your life it's going to necessitate a change in you.Nope. My ex-girlfriend rarely wears dresses and doesn't wear makeup or heels or jewelry or paint her nails. She sometimes said she was a gay guy (and not a metropolitan type) trapped in a woman's body (a play on Coupland's "lesbian trapped in a man's body, of course). Be who you are. But look back to what I wrote:^That is incontrovertible. There are males and females.
I mean I've been reading books and such. I've tried spinning the truth positively even but no matter how much I change the little things, I can't change significantly. I can't change my disability just as transgendered people can't change how they feel about themselves. So my only hope is to change their beliefs about me.

Maybe it's true that biology is different but it's just like how a gay guy can't have sex the "normal" way. However that doesn't mean they're not having sex. It's just a different kind of sex. Also that doesn't change the fact that it's still a concept that is defined by society. Somewhere along the line someone decided a Y and X chromosome were female and male. They weren't automatically so. It's just a name people gave to those chromosomes and to those biological functions. It's just like how time didn't mean anything until someone decided it is a concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Who is forcing you to not work?
Employers and the government..at least so far

Quote:
Having XX (female) or XY (male) chromosomes is not in the mind. It's scientific fact.
Science isn't always accurate. Not everything can be explained by science. I'm not even sure science says I was supposed to be born. It hardly seems logical that I am even here yet somehow I am. Actually if you consider philosophy (only read if you're prepared to get your mind screwed up)
Spoiler
life may not even be real. life may be a vivid dream that someone made up. it appears very real but does that mean it is? I mean we just never know. we could all already be dead and not know it

Quote:
They're forcing others to change/shower in multiple occupancy open changing/shower/locker rooms with a member of the opposite anatomical sex, against their will. Yes, we're talking school girls, MINORS, are forced to submit to changing/showering with a male who has a penis and testicles, just because that male says he happens to "feel" like a girl that day and/or the next, and/or the next, etc., and so on.

Here's the "Dear Colleauge" letter the Obama Admin sent to every public school in the US, demanding that schools allow anatomical males to change/shower with girls at school (or far less frequently, vice versa), or lose federal funding:

Excerpts:
https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/li...ransgender.pdf

And there is more at the link, including letting males who "say" they're female play on girls'/women's sports teams, which of course disadvantages girls and women, as males are generally bigger and stronger than females. There are clear physiological and strength differences between men and women, including but not limited to height, weight, bone density, lean muscle mass, body fat percentage, and lung capacity.
If the male is a minor too I don't see the problem. If someone truly is transgendered they're not out to violate someone. Even if there is some straight guy who pretends to be "transgendered" they are even less common than the transgendered folks. That also hurts the true transgendered people. If it really is a problem though they could always get a verification from a psychologist or someone like that.
Here's the thing lesbians could be just as likely to violate people as a straight guy pretending to be transgendered. You never know.

So? There are clear mental differences between me and a neurotypical person yet I'm forced to compete with them for jobs. At least in their case it's just sports while a job is my livelihood. Sorry I don't have more sympathy but the world is full of bigger disadvantages already. It wouldn't be that many transgendered males because transgendered people are not that common.
What happens if a man is short and weighs less but he wanted to play sports? Does that mean he would play on the women's team? No they'd still put him on the male team even though he'd be at a disadvantage. On the other hand what if there is a herd of women that are stronger than the average woman they'd still put them on the women's team even though the rest of the team is filled with powder puffs.
When I was in gym class, I always had a disadvantage even as a girl. All the other girls played better than me plus guys were in the class too so that didn't help but I didn't care because it was just gym class (I got an A no matter what). I just tried my best. So I could see your point maybe if they were playing these sports for money but I don't see you saying that.

Last edited by Nickchick; 01-13-2017 at 02:57 PM..

Old 01-13-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I don't know anyone who had their period that late in life. In fact schools will teach you the latest is 16.

Also I still get told all the time I look 14/16 and I'm well into my 20s.

Finally if biology never got it wrong then no one would have a mental disability. We would probly never experience depression either so face it biology does have flaws.
Puberty is not based on age, it is based on body structure as well. It sounds like you were very thin and as a result, your hormones didn't kick in until later. It's just like extremely fit female athletes who stop having their periods if they become so lean that they have no body fat.

Link Between Body Fat and the Timing of Puberty | SUPPLEMENT ARTICLES | Pediatrics

This article indicates that the recent trend of earlier onset of puberty is related to obesity in children. It states that there is a correlation between body mass and onset of puberty.

So actually, your body was functioning just as it biologically should.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:15 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Puberty is not based on age, it is based on body structure as well. It sounds like you were very thin and as a result, your hormones didn't kick in until later. It's just like extremely fit female athletes who stop having their periods if they become so lean that they have no body fat.

Link Between Body Fat and the Timing of Puberty | SUPPLEMENT ARTICLES | Pediatrics

This article indicates that the recent trend of earlier onset of puberty is related to obesity in children. It states that there is a correlation between body mass and onset of puberty.

So actually, your body was functioning just as it biologically should.
I mean I guess generally that is the case but when my period came I was still very thin. Even my boobs didn't grow that much. I was still very frail for a few years after that.
Not to mention I bled in volume like a fat girl.
Also except for a bit of pudge in the lower abdomen (which I guess is only noticeable because the rest of me is small) and my height, I'm still pretty much the same in my body weight. My hands are still small (like doll hands) and my legs are still pretty lean. My face is exactly the same with structure. Some people will look at me who have known me years ago say "hey you look exactly the same"

Also you know how the scientists say people change every 10 years..I've never really changed. I still listen to the same type of music, I still like the same TV shows. I still have almost the exact same values and the same aversion toward being the center of attention. I defy science every day. Even my food preferences haven't changed much.

My biology is also not entirely right even anatomically: I come to find a few years ago I have a high arch which helped cause plantar fasciitis.
Small feet but high arch..doesn't make much sense to me. I also have a baby tooth that never fell out. It just sits there like a freaky little dot (I was told by the dentist that is genetic) Lest we not forget I have a "lazy eye" so considering all my mutations or "gifts" (the youthful face) I don't see how biology can't get it wrong with gender as well.

Last edited by Nickchick; 01-13-2017 at 02:47 PM..

Old 01-13-2017, 02:42 PM

979 posts, read 490,719 times
Quote:
At this point, this is what's being forced: Allowing anatomical males to use girls' school gym multiple occupancy open locker/shower rooms and play on girls' sports teams despite their clear physical advantage (and much more rarely, vice versa) is forced on every public school child grades pre-K through 12 no actual proof required, this is all just based on what a student says they "feel" their gender is. And the requirement also applies to public colleges and universities. Schools that refuse to allow that lose federal funding.

The Obama Admin "Dear Colleague" letter sent to every public school in the country requiring such:

https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/li...ransgender.pdf
Don't worry, we live in a Trump Era now where it is cool to just grab any girl by her vagina to make sure she is in fact a girl.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:46 PM

979 posts, read 490,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Forcing me to accept their beliefs. Why do I have to recognize someone as a certain sex?
Well I guess no one is actually forcing you to recognize anyone's sexual orientation regardless of what sex organ they have in their pants. For the most part, you should never have any idea if someone has a vagina or a penis without visually inspecting it....

Old 01-13-2017, 03:33 PM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Employers and the government..at least so far
Really? They're actually forcing you to not work? I call BS on that.

Quote:
Science isn't always accurate. Not everything can be explained by science.
There is no disputing XY or XX chromosomes. They're scientific fact. Period.

Quote:
If the male is a minor too I don't see the problem.
Really? Then why can't minor males observe naked minor females whenever they want, against the females' will?

16 year old males want to be allowed to watch 16 year old girls change and shower... No problem because they're all minors, according to you.

Does anyone really believe that?

Old 01-13-2017, 03:36 PM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
If the male is a minor too I don't see the problem. If someone truly is transgendered they're not out to violate someone.
The problem is that there's no proof required whatsoever to validate that they're actually transgender. This is all just based on only "say-so." No medical diagnosis required. No transgender medical treatment required. All any student has to do is say they "feel" like they're the opposite sex.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:57 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times
Quote:
The problem is that there's no proof required whatsoever to validate that they're actually transgender. This is all just based on only "say-so." No medical diagnosis required. No transgender medical treatment required. All any student has to do is say they "feel" like they're the opposite sex.
Assuming that in most cases the person truly is transgender, while they don't pose an assault threat and my heart goes out to them for the difficult life they lead, it is still not right to force a girl to change clothes with or shower with someone who has a penis and testicles. Or to force a shy boy to change clothes with and shower with someone who has a vagina. Why does one person's "rights" trump everyone else's right to basic privacy?

If Obama's girls were forced to shower with transgender sporting a penis and testicles you can bet he'd see things a bit differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies