Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 07:24 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
And it can't be cured, sex reassignment surgery is the best treatment because it causes the least harm to the patient. Forcing someone with gender dysphoria to live as their birth sex causes more harm, because it leads to depression and suicide
Everything has a natural end. Perhaps that is that natural end for those with this particular illness. Let nature take its course.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:23 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Transgendered people do have the right to be what they wanna be.

The other 99.5 percent of people shouldn't have to bend over backwards to accommodate them either....

Agreed.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:22 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Everything has a natural end. Perhaps that is that natural end for those with this particular illness. Let nature take its course.
So you are saying my relative should have killed their self just to not inconvenience people like yourself?!?!? That is so not cool, I don't know where to begin

Old 02-18-2017, 10:30 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
So you are saying my relative should have killed their self just to not inconvenience people like yourself?!?!? That is so not cool, I don't know where to begin
No, I'm saying that perhaps that is the natural outcome for such creatures.

Is this now the part where you say "That's a strawman!" and claim to put me on ignore?

Old 02-18-2017, 11:06 AM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
More accurate to say the law often has elements in it that try to prevent what society deems immoral.

So what exactly is immoral about a person dressing and living opposite their biological sex? Not strange or weird, but immoral and harmful.

The act of them making non freaks uncomfortable when they use the bathroom their feelings dictate, instead of their birth and present biological sex dictate.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

The other 99.5 percent of people shouldn't have to bend over backwards to accommodate them either....

absolutely

Old 02-18-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
No, I'm saying that perhaps that is the natural outcome for such creatures.

Is this now the part where you say "That's a strawman!" and claim to put me on ignore?
That isn't a strawman, it is just outright hatred. A strawman is where you compare something you are debating to something else that is easy to poke holes in, using said thing to then try to poke holes in what you are debating.

For example: If you are trying to argue against taxation, you would strawman it by saying "so you think that income needs to be redistributed, then why don't you give the poor your money" knowing that no one will agree to it.

And second off, transgender/transsexuals are PEOPLE, not CREATURE'S. That is another line of attack that hateful people use, they dehumanize who they don't like, makes it easier to hate them. Did these individuals stop being people to you the minute they came out?

Old 02-18-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The act of them making non freaks uncomfortable when they use the bathroom their feelings dictate, instead of their birth and present biological sex dictate.
Again, that's the no win line of them just existing imposes on others And don't call them freaks, very disrespectful and hateful

Old 02-18-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Again, that's the no win line of them just existing imposes on others And don't call them freaks, very disrespectful and hateful

Just like you, within TOS, I am free to choose my own terms. I find the term an accurate description in this situation.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:23 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
That isn't a strawman, it is just outright hatred. A strawman is where you compare something you are debating to something else that is easy to poke holes in, using said thing to then try to poke holes in what you are debating.

For example: If you are trying to argue against taxation, you would strawman it by saying "so you think that income needs to be redistributed, then why don't you give the poor your money" knowing that no one will agree to it.

And second off, transgender/transsexuals are PEOPLE, not CREATURE'S. That is another line of attack that hateful people use, they dehumanize who they don't like, makes it easier to hate them. Did these individuals stop being people to you the minute they came out?
Well, then STOP dehumanizing girls and women. STOP insisting that they unwilling submit to anatomical males' presence, no questions asked, in their multiple occupancy locker/shower rooms while they're half-dressed and naked.

This push to force girls and women (51% of the population) to unwillingly submit to risking themselves and their safety is a LOSING strategy for LGBT SJWs. It's making people feel much stronger antipathy to their cause. How do you not see that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies