Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2017, 09:38 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post

No they don't. The freedom to pursue does not equal "being entitled to", for free.

Okay, those are your choices.
I believe in the rights of private employers and "employed at will" laws. I do not believe any private employers should ever be forced to hire anyone against their own judgement.

If another person's actions have affected your physical health, then that is assault.
If your mental state has affected your health that is not more damaging than any other mental issue. I'm familiar with the effects of depression regardless of the cause.

But the government gives me free healthcare. If they're willing to give out free healthcare, then they need to give out healthcare that actually keeps me from getting sick. Otherwise they should just give me nothing and place me in a job instead so I can pay for my own healthcare. Do you see the inconsistency here? I believe in working for a living but they force me to take benefits instead.

What is my choice? I don't have one. I mean I can keep doing my penny sites but that is barely anything. It doesn't have to be private. I also applied for a job in the government and they didn't take me either. They also hire criminals which I'm sure they don't believe in doing that because of a tax credit so they're already forced to hire someone so they should have one for people with disabilities because that would be less risky.

I'm not talking about assault here. I'm saying people not hiring me has worsened my physical health. It's a vicious cycle. There's two factors here: one I don't have the money to get holistic doctors so I'm forced to take things like antibiotics to treat the symptoms which then in turn messes up my body more in the long run. two the stress of not getting a job has caused me digestive problems. It is a vicious cycle.

Last edited by Nickchick; 01-11-2017 at 09:46 PM..

Old 01-11-2017, 09:39 PM

979 posts, read 490,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
As long as they don't force their beliefs on others. Your rights end where mine start.
What would be forced on you? What someone else's gender is should have nothing to do with you.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:46 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
That is simply vulgar..You my friend need to have a bit more of an open mind They are not stupid..they are not retarded they are simply different and whether you and people like you can accept that is your choice..however that doe not mean you can simply call them mentally ill and retarded morons..That is considered hatred and corruption, and we see enough of it without having to see arrogance gush from your mind and curse us all with your anger.
A rather arrogant and bigoted response to make don't you think? You are claiming an open mind, that you are superior simply because your view is "different" from mine? What makes your view any more valid than mine? Here you are going on about having an open mind and yet your very response is to close yours to mine and admonish me for not accepting the view of another!

This is the problem here. You see, people promote all these views as acceptable, but then condemn others for having an opposing one. I have quite the open mind, I see other peoples views on this subject and with that open mind I also have a view on them and their opinion.

They are mentally ill.

Next time, try not to make bigoted responses in such an arrogant manner. Try to have an open mind and understand that not everyone thinks like you.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:46 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I don't know anyone who had their period that late in life. In fact schools will teach you the latest is 16.
Why would they teach that when it's factually incorrect? Furthermore, do they teach that girls who are exceptionally lean (low body fat percentage) will stop having periods until their body fat percentage increases? Human females have evolved biologically to cease menstruation until the body is capable of sustaining a developing embryo.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:52 AM

Quote:
How does it not? It proves that biology is flawed. If biology can get it wrong when it comes to age then why can't it get it wrong when it comes to gender?
Biology isn't getting it wrong. Outside of an underlying disease, early menopause is also a natural biological occurrence. Not all humans are on the same biological timeline. There are significant variances. Sure, the biological milestones may fit a bell curve distribution according to age, but they're all on the curve, regardless.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Becoming a tree is not the same as becoming a different gender. We have the technology to change our gender.
Only on a very superficial level. We do not have the technology to change a genetically XX person to a genetically XY person, or vice versa.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:14 AM

Quote:
But the government gives me free healthcare.
Why? I don't get free health care.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
What would be forced on you?
At this point, this is what's being forced: Allowing anatomical males to use girls' school gym multiple occupancy open locker/shower rooms and play on girls' sports teams despite their clear physical advantage (and much more rarely, vice versa) is forced on every public school child grades pre-K through 12 no actual proof required, this is all just based on what a student says they "feel" their gender is. And the requirement also applies to public colleges and universities. Schools that refuse to allow that lose federal funding.

The Obama Admin "Dear Colleague" letter sent to every public school in the country requiring such:

https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/li...ransgender.pdf

Old 01-12-2017, 04:33 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
I believe that if this is truly America people should have the right to choose what they want to be
Whether it is a man to a woman
a woman to a man
We all have rights..and who is to dare say they don't THIS is their own right,believe what you want..But they have rights to what they want to be.And before the insults come rushing in I am a Independent not a Democrat,I like both the republicans and Democrats,but I will not demean the purpose or reason why the transgender community is what it is..I have noticed in alot of my threads there are angry people who decide to take my posts in the wrong direction.Religion has nothing to do with the choices of the people.People can choose to marry whom they wish and when they wish it whether it be a man with a man or a woman with a woman If there can't be same sex marriages why even bother with marriages at all..

Yeah, yeah, yeah...leave me alone! stay out of my private affairs! issue me a marriage license so that my private affairs become a matter of public record and drag the rest of America into it!

Old 01-12-2017, 05:22 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,393,887 times
Over the age of 21, people should be allowed to indulge their mental illness and mutilate themselves on their own dime, but not before because their brains are not done developing and thus they can still be considered cognitive juveniles who should not be given the legal ability to be able to permanently destroy their reproductive anatomy with surgery.

Actually, the brain isn't done developing until well after 21 years of age, but I'm attempting to use an age that confers other privileges for the sake of argument. If we were being strict about it, the age would be between 23 and 25 years old.

Until children can purchase their own clothes with money that they made working, parents should not be allowed to cross-dress their juvenile children due to the little understood long term psychological effects of doing such a thing.

No sexually normative person should be compelled to accept transgender political views on the biology or social implications of gender. Such views should be left to the internal culture of transgender individuals.

No mental illness should inform bathroom laws for the general public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies