Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Rand Paul's Plan?
YES 20 27.03%
NO 54 72.97%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 12:58 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sounds like turning insurance back into a privately owned and run business, instead of an extension of government.
Which is why all the progressives up there are against it. Why anything that takes power away from the government is bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 01:01 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Links please, but I'll bet the people that had pre-existing conditions would beg to differ even if you managed to provide a link...

You Might Hate Obamacare, But It’s Saved These People’s Lives
You Might Hate Obamacare, But It's Saved These People's Lives | The Huffington Post
Do you know how many lives we could save if we took all of Hollywoods money, leaving them with lets say the earnings of the median income in the US? Do you KNOW HOW MANY LIVES WE COULD SAVE!!!

HEy, since we can save many lives, it is good right?

The problem with your argument is that we could justify all sorts of crimes against the people by using the claim of "but it saved lives!!!".

Sorry, but the end does not justify the means".

All you are doing is stealing from other people, harming them to pick the winners and losers.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:03 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Who has read the plan here to answer that question??

Old 01-12-2017, 01:05 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How does one with cancer and no insurance get care? ERs don't do chemo, they stabilize and release.
ERs don't supply insulin, blood thinners.... rotator cuff surgery...prenatal care...

"So it's true that an emergency room won't let you die if you show up at the door, but short of that, you can't get care for a host of medical issues. And, while they will provide that lifesaving care to you even if you have no insurance and no money, they will send you a bill. And if you can't pay, it may cause you, and your family, financial ruin."

Why emergency rooms don't close the health care gap - CNN.com

Old 01-12-2017, 01:20 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Rand Paul has released a plan to replace Obamacare. Looks pretty good to me, but I think it will be a tough sell to the Democrats by removing the pre-existing conditions. Besides that I don't see anything controversial and I would support it.
Republican Health-Care Plan: Rand Paul Makes a Good Start | National Review

Just for fun I will make this a public poll to see who supports it and who doesn't.
"but I think it will be a tough sell to the Democrats"

Who cares?

They don't have the power to stop anything thanks to ole dirty harry and him changing the rules which is how the dems passed it in the first place with not 1 SINGLE repub vote in favor.

"Elections have consequences"!

Old 01-12-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
No requirement for insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions. It's a non-starter. Also doesn't prevent insurance from dumping high-cost, sick customers.
"It's a non-starter."

Obviously you do NOT know how getting a bill passed works.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Those two issues will likely be the compromises and I wouldn't be surprised if that's on the final Republican replacement plan. I personally would be okay with that compromise.
"I wouldn't be surprised if that's on the final Republican replacement plan."

It has been supported by every repub that has spoken about it, including Trump.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:19 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You are going to pay for it either way.
Well, if they are going to be leeches and always drop their coverage when they can afford it, and scam the system, screw them.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:25 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Do you know how many lives we could save if we took all of Hollywoods money, leaving them with lets say the earnings of the median income in the US? Do you KNOW HOW MANY LIVES WE COULD SAVE!!!

HEy, since we can save many lives, it is good right?

The problem with your argument is that we could justify all sorts of crimes against the people by using the claim of "but it saved lives!!!".

Sorry, but the end does not justify the means".

All you are doing is stealing from other people, harming them to pick the winners and losers.
Logical fallacy of Exaggeration/Stretching the Truth/ Overstatement.

The problem with your argument is that its nonsense.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:26 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,965,362 times
Rand Paul's plan sound like going back to the bad old days. HSAs are worthless for a lot of people. If everybody doesn't have insurance, the emergency rooms will be stuck with those people using them as healthcare and the costs will be passed on to the rest of us. Under ACA, the charity costs for hospitals had been declining because more people were insured. The magic of the free market can't solve this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies