Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 03:01 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
A: don't put racist in scare quotes
B: he doesn't praise Sessions in that video
Stop being an idiot, he clearly praised Jeff Sessions and it was a civil rights award.

"I feel blessed, and honored to be partnered with Senator Jeff Sessions in being the Senate's sponsors in this important award"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 03:01 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Sessions is a raciest bigot and deserved to be criticized by ALL of the Senators. Senator Booker performed his duty to himself, his constituents and the country.

I am absolutely certain of Sessions become the US Attorney General this will become a country with one Law for the white, wealthy and connected and another far more discriminating Law for the rest of us.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Sessions is a raciest bigot and deserved to be criticized by ALL of the Senators. Senator Booker performed his duty to himself, his constituents and the country.

I am absolutely certain of Sessions become the US Attorney General this will become a country with one Law for the white, wealthy and connected and another far more discriminating Law for the rest of us.
Why did Cory Booker praise a racist bigot just a couple months ago?

Old 01-11-2017, 03:05 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times
Wasn't Corey Booker, the failed mayor of a failing city.

Who cares what he thinks?

My favorite is when say that he possibly might run for president, I mean he couldn't even manage or control a city of like 275,000 people.

No matter how good his speeches are, he has been in executive leadership role at the city level and was a terrible mayor. It is weird how presiding over a crumbling, violent-crime laden city is worthy of a promotion to U.S senator.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:05 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) Of course it's a publicity grab. I frankly think he might be eyeing a WH run in 2020.

2) He's not a hack or extremist if you look at his record...he's just making a smart political move to gain national attention which is pretty normal especially with the power vacuum in the democratic party with Hillary DOA.
Could be. If that was his intent, then it probably worked pretty well for him.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Wasn't Corey Booker, the failed mayor of a failing city.

Who cares what he thinks?
He's a liberal democrat being groomed for a run for the White House one day, of course he was a failed mayor of a failed dem controlled city. Isn't that the main requirement these days for the dems?

Old 01-11-2017, 03:10 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Cory Booker took the UNPRECEDENTED step to testify against Senator Sessions...

What was SO huge that he "needed" to do this?
Booker used to love Sessions, what a fickle man he is

FLASHBACK: Booker Praises Jeff Sessions On Civil Rights | The Daily Caller

“I feel blessed and honored to have partnered with Sen. Sessions in being the Senate sponsors of this important award,” Booker said during the award ceremony.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:10 PM

5,898 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He's a liberal democrat being groomed for a run for the White House one day, of course he was a failed mayor of a failed dem controlled city. Isn't that the main requirement these days for the dems?
It's a requirement for both parties these days. You're either a failed mayor on one side or a failed businessman on the other.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:14 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
I also think Booker is poising to run in 2020 and I think he would be a good choice, young and handsome and more liberal than many liberals.

On his wanting to testify against Sessions, I have no problem with it and don't see the issue with it. I also don't think that Sessions would look at issues regarding race, gender or LGBTQ focuses as something serious when they should be. I feel that his nomination was a way to stop the social protest atmosphere that has been dominating the news cycle in recent years whereas many conservatives felt that these activist were getting too much attention to their issues. I feel Sessions will not look at these issues and many are valid issues because of his own personal bias. He has been a controversial figure on race in particular. So I say "go for it" to Booker and any others who testify against Sessions.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:14 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
It's a requirement for both parties these days. You're either a failed mayor on one side or a failed businessman on the other.
a businessman worth $6B a failed businessman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies