Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 11:48 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Consider dumping huffpo....they're not as bad as Breitbart or Daily Kos but they're at least as bad as Fox.
Probably a hair worse than Fox honestly... and I don't like Fox and haven't for a long long time. At least most of the mainline news orgs make some kind of pretense of trying to hide their biases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 12:07 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
I knew a guy who was fired for using the bathroom.

Of course it was on the desk of his manager.

Context matters.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I knew a guy who was fired for using the bathroom.

Of course it was on the desk of his manager.

Context matters.
He didn't leave with a BANG, BOOM, or FIZZLE but more of a WHIZ...

Old 01-13-2017, 12:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Work more than a part time job. I just said that.

lol You couldn't even figure out the simple solution to this mans problem would be a full time job and we're supposed to believe you are going great?
btw the economy isn't about you. That's another thing you haven't figured out.
You're a Texan, so I realize that I have to give you a huge handicap....but did it ever occur to you that a part time job is all he could find at the time? Or does that possible fact just go straight over your head? See, people often work part time until they can find a full time job. Happens millions of times a year. Normal people understand that. But then, what's normal everywhere else is often a foreign concept to you people.

As to what you're supposed to believe, don't worry about it. I ain't missing any meals. Just worry about how you're gonna fill your own belly in Obama's horrible economy.

OK?

Old 01-13-2017, 12:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Consider dumping huffpo....they're not as bad as Breitbart or Daily Kos but they're at least as bad as Fox.
Nah..

Old 01-13-2017, 01:20 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
All of you carrying on about how he didn't call in, apparently MISSED THIS POST.

He DID call in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
He did tell his employer. They didn't care.

Quote:
In the month that followed, Austin said that he did not miss a shift and took on other’s shifts. On Dec. 28, however, Austin said he couldn’t cover for another employee who had canceled because of the snowstorm. He said he needed to attend a doctor’s appointment for his wife, as they were expecting the birth of their baby boy any day.

When Austin was scheduled to work on Friday and Saturday later that week, his 26-year-old wife, Lindsay Austin, went into labor.

He told his boss he couldn’t come in.

“I didn’t want to make it seem like I’m trying to miss work or something,” Austin said. “The second day I told my boss, ‘My wife is still in labor,’ and he just said, ‘You’re forcing my hand, if you aren’t in work by 8 tomorrow we are going to terminate you.’ ”
Companies can fire employees for most reasons, including missing a shift due to birth of baby boy
Now argue with the FACTS not your conjecture.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
All of you carrying on about how he didn't call in, apparently MISSED THIS POST.

He DID call in
If he called in then I would say it is basically an ***hole boss. I mentioned earlier my experience getting fired by an ***hole boss as a teen. It happens sometimes and it sucks but there is not much to do about it. The bright side is if his boss was such an ***hole that he actively denied leave for a guy to go to the birth of his son, it was probably a really really crappy place to work anyway.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:50 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If that. I'm not even 100% cool with just a text, but it's better than nothing at all and it certainly would not leave one's employer wondering if one had skipped town or was missing and in a ditch someplace, would it?
Sorry I just don't buy this. I did the same thing in 1985 started a new job and a 90 day probation but told all the Boss's that the Mrs was pregnant an due in a month,not a problem.By the way I just retired from that same job. after 31 years.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:19 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,487,502 times
If it's true that the man told his boss that his wife was in labor, then his boss is a humongous ass.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:25 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're a Texan, so I realize that I have to give you a huge handicap....but did it ever occur to you that a part time job is all he could find at the time? Or does that possible fact just go straight over your head? See, people often work part time until they can find a full time job. Happens millions of times a year. Normal people understand that. But then, what's normal everywhere else is often a foreign concept to you people.

As to what you're supposed to believe, don't worry about it. I ain't missing any meals. Just worry about how you're gonna fill your own belly in Obama's horrible economy.

OK?
Regardless, I'm sure he's not stressing much about how he's going to feed these kids. He has the taxes that are robbed from working people to fall back on to fill the gaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies