Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 03:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times

Advertisements

CNN "You Are Fake News"

This coming from the guy who invented fake news,
Obama born in Kenya
Obama is a Muslim.
Obama is a communist.
Hillary is a crooked corrupt criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 04:01 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Their ratings are going threw the roof.
Now that is what I call "fake news".

Old 01-12-2017, 04:16 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
So that is all you are concerned about is that President Sleazeball Trump isn't as sleazy as that golden showers story sounds? I guess you aren't concerned about Trump working with Putin and Russia in the hacking and basically being a bought and paid for politician for Putin. That is the bigger issue, the golden showers part is not important.

Though we all know Trump is a pervert, so it wouldn't be surprising if he gets off on having hookers pee on him. I imagine he has done a lot of dirty things with hookers over the years.
If Putin and Russia hacking is so important, why is CNN reporting on sleazy stories?

Old 01-12-2017, 04:45 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump takes the boys at CNN to task for dishonest reporting.

This is the same CNN who helped Hillary Clinton to cheat the debates.

The pundits at the other networks are stunned. They absolutely are not used to being held responsible for their biased reporting. I hope we see more of it.

Mark Murray at NBC news says that Trump should show "respect" to American institutions like the MSM. Of course this bubble head created numerous fake polls against Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CYasjjqHNw
I customize my Google news and other feeds.

Despite all my filters, about 90% of the content is fake news and opinions with political agendas, and around 10% is actual matter-of-fact news. Most of the time I just read the headlines, or even just part of the headlines.

Most of the providers are the well-known purveyors of fake news: USA Today, Washington Post, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, Huffington Post, etc.

Look, most of this "news" is "free", paid for by advertisers, and in any case driven by business/political agendas. So what can we expect? Well, fake news of course.

For real news, I do my own research, read that of others on special sites, and take bits of pieces from the purveyors of fake news that is real news (again, about 10%).

Good Luck!

Old 01-12-2017, 05:23 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times

Old 01-12-2017, 05:29 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
They pushed the golden showers narrative hard last night - total fake news. Not the first time CNN has been busted.
They didn't even mention it, but as long as you do, keeping it front and center - I suppose that's good enough.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:30 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
And yet another lie calling CNN "fake news."

• That oppos research has been floating around for at least six months.
  • The intelligence people told him about it.
  • He lied when he said intelligence leaked it.
  • They DIDN'T.
  • CNN reported the existence of the document - which, again, has been "out there" for a long time -
  • CNN did NOT report the veracity of it.
Tonight, DNI director said Trump was told about this doc at the briefing.

CNN NEVER LIED.

CNN told the EXACT TRUTH.

What bothers Trump is the allegations in that document - which may or may not be true. My personal opinion - probably all of it is true. ESPECIALLY, Trump and his campaign collusion on the hacking. I don't care about sexcapades. He's a sleazebag - we all know that.

Trump clearly has NO RESPECT for free speech or the press - except he IS allowed to say anything, speak any lie and dares anyone to challenge him. Sounds very Soviet to me. They shoot the oppo press in Russia - investigative reporters are killed over there all the time.

In this case, he UNFAIRLY maligned CNN - and his dumbass supporters think this is smart - which only proves how stupid ALL of them are.
Exactly. Thank you.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:32 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I customize my Google news and other feeds.

Despite all my filters, about 90% of the content is fake news and opinions with political agendas, and around 10% is actual matter-of-fact news. Most of the time I just read the headlines, or even just part of the headlines.

Most of the providers are the well-known purveyors of fake news: USA Today, Washington Post, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, Huffington Post, etc.

Look, most of this "news" is "free", paid for by advertisers, and in any case driven by business/political agendas. So what can we expect? Well, fake news of course.

For real news, I do my own research, read that of others on special sites, and take bits of pieces from the purveyors of fake news that is real news (again, about 10%).

Good Luck!
I agree.

Although not perfect, I tend to read and believe BBC and the Guardian.
Most American newspapers are cra*p. Not to say they don't have high quality articles, but when it comes to sensitive political debates, they tend to "choose sides" instead of being objective and showing facts (more importantly, not hiding facts they don't like).

Old 01-12-2017, 05:34 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I agree.

Although not perfect, I tend to read and believe BBC and the Guardian.
Most American newspapers are cra*p. Not to say they don't have high quality articles, but when it comes to sensitive political debates, they tend to "choose sides" instead of being objective and showing facts (more importantly, not hiding facts they don't like).
Read post #187

Old 01-12-2017, 05:37 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
CNN "You Are Fake News"

This coming from the guy who invented fake news,
Obama born in Kenya
Obama is a Muslim.
Obama is a communist.
Hillary is a crooked corrupt criminal.
When did he ever declare he was a news network?

BTW, he did get the Hillary one right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies