Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 01:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
....Haaaaa. No.
You must have been too busy dodging bullets in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Most kids that age don't know who the president is, or what the economy is, but the ones who do just witnessed us go from terrible to fair economy. Kids don't have too many reasons to be conservative to be honest with you.
If they look at our national debt, the ones with common sense will want fiscal conservatives.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:18 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If they look at our national debt, the ones with common sense will want fiscal conservatives.
Tell me when you find some of those in our current batch of politicians.... Probably have better luck finding a jackalope.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Tell me when you find some of those in our current batch of politicians....
You start locally.

It has meant that I have had to skip or do write-ins in a lot of races.

The best way to keep the status quo is too pretent nobody can be held accountable.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:21 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
They don't know what debt is.

Besides, why would they pick one party over the other looking at the debt? GOP has controlled spending for years, and the debt kept going up. The 1st thing they did this year was pass a spending bill which will add another $9 trillion to the debt. GOP being the fiscally responsible party is like a bad joke. If you are going to pick one party over the other, looking at government spending is not going to help you.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:

Besides, why would they pick one party over the other looking at the debt? GOP has controlled spending for years, and the debt kept going up. The 1st thing they did this year was pass a spending bill which will add another $9 trillion to the debt. GOP being the fiscally responsible party is like a bad joke. If you are going to pick one party over the other, looking at government spending is not going to help you.
Can you show me where I recommended the GOP?

I guess you are one of the many who has been fooled into the "I need to vote for my party, because they aren't as bad" mind set.

Wake up.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:26 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Can you show me where I recommended the GOP?

I guess you are one of the many who has been fooled into the "I need to vote for my party, because they aren't as bad" mind set. Wake up.
Can you show me where I said to vote for "my party". Independents don't have a party. You have a habit of making bad assumptions.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:27 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
Quote:

debt matters more at the state level, which is why republican governors are becoming more popular as democrats tend to spend more recklessly to give public workers, teachers, and the like rather ridiculous benefits such as full pensions that let them retire at 55, full health care coverage, things that go well beyond what the private sector gets.

My father's property taxes were able to go DOWN over the last 5 years thanks to Scott Walker.. had a dem been in charge, they'd have gone up $500 or more. Plus under Walker they got faster speed limit on the interstate and conceal carry, not to mention some of the common sense cuts he's made in his budget.. overall I give him a good rating based on his performance and what he's got accomplished. There is pressure by other republicans within the state to hike taxes on things like transportation though... not all republicans are good, not all democrats are bad..

Old 01-12-2017, 01:28 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
You start locally.

It has meant that I have had to skip or do write-ins in a lot of races.

The best way to keep the status quo is too pretent nobody can be held accountable.
Well yea, that is part of my frustration.

I look at 2 garbage candidates, think to myself "Can't vote for either of these jackasses" so I vote 3rd party or write in if there is no competition.

The vast majority look at 2 garbage candidates, think to themselves "Gotta vote for whoever makes my TEAM win" and vote party line down the ticket. Some of them even manage to convince themselves they are making some sort of principled anti-establishment stance by doing so.

Laughable. I am so anti-establishment! Watch me vote party line down the whole ticket cause I am such a rebel. Those establishment types will sure be sorry once they see that I voted for one of the two major parties again, just like I did last time, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before...

Trump won this time, so he becomes the focus of my criticism - because he is the one that is relevant. Regardless of which candidate won though, I would still be pissing and moaning because they were both terrible candidates and are both terrible human beings.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Can you show me where I said to vote for "my party". Independents don't have a party. You have a habit of making bad assumptions.
I start talking about fiscal conservatives and you immediately take that as the GOP, so I think you are dwelling on party; otherwise, your knee jerk reaction wouldn't have been GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies