Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 01:34 PM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Specifically, what did you object to as being too Christiany Bible thumping?
Please show where I objected to 'anything' or even alluded that I remotely cared?

The fact is that Bush was the evangelical darling and Bush put forth a host of faith based initiatives, more so than any recent president in history.

Big.. Deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 01:35 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Please show where I objected to 'anything'?
So, does this mean that you don't believe either Bush was a Bible thumper using the WH to push Christianity and move us toward a theocracy?

Old 01-12-2017, 01:38 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
So, does this mean that you don't believe either Bush was a Bible thumper using the WH to push Christianity and move us toward a theocracy?
Always thought Bush Jr. was more of a well intentioned puppet. I do think that he at least had his heart in the right place though, and he seemed to be a decent human being in his off time unlike a certain orange guy. His dad had a bit more theocratic leanings.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
I start talking about fiscal conservatives and you immediately take that as the GOP, so I think you are dwelling on party; otherwise, your knee jerk reaction wouldn't have been GOP.
You are free to think whatever you want. I was talking to the OP, who brought up parties.

Who did you vote for for Senate? Practically all of GOP senators call themselves fiscal conservatives, and all but one voted to increase the debt by $9 trillion. Yes, I think it is important that people learn who is behind the debt. You pretend to worry about the debt and you didn't even know the very people who call themselves "fiscal conservatives" are behind it as much as the Dems

It won't be fixed until people know who is behind it.

Sure, it would be nice if fiscal conservatives existed, but currently there is only one in Senate. His name is Rand Paul, and he sticks to his guns, like his father did, which is why I supported his father. Who do you think the "conservative" Gen-Z voters are going to vote for when they are told only democrats increase the debt? Nothing will change as long as the nation remains as ignorant as it is today.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:44 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are free to think whatever you want. I was talking to the OP, who brought up parties.

Who did you vote for for Senate? Practically all of GOP senators call themselves fiscal conservatives, and all but one voted to increase the debt by $9 trillion. Yes, I think it is important that people learn who is behind the debt. You pretend to worry about the debt and you didn't even know the very people who call themselves "fiscal conservatives" are behind it.

It won't be fixed until people know who is behind it.

Sure, it would be nice if fiscal conservatives existed, but currently there is only one in Senate. His name is Rand Paul, and he sticks to his guns, like his father did, which is why I supported his father. Who do you think the "conservative" Gen-Z voters are going to vote for when they are told only democrats increase the debt? Nothing will change as long as the nation remains as ignorant as it is today.
If you were talking to the OP, why did you quote me?

Old 01-12-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
If you were talking to the OP, why did you quote me?
Read post #41. I was talking to the OP when you inserted yourself, and your assumptions.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Prediction: Gen Z will be MUCH more Conservative than Millenials
If they are more conservative socially, it would be a good thing.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:58 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I think the only reason Republicans don't have more backing among Millenials is because the party has been hijacked by bible thumpers our whole lives. The next generation is the least religious ever in our society. Republicans beating people's heads with the Bible will only alienate them as they did us.
I agree with this.

I could get on board with many of the GOP's economic policies, but I can't get on board with fundamentalists that think it's their calling to force everyone to live by their morals. That is today's GOP and the reason why I don't support them.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:15 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Republicans - socially conservative fiscally liberal
Democrats - socially liberal fiscally liberal

Where is the viable fiscally conservative party!?

Old 01-12-2017, 02:58 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,118,662 times
Quote:
Can you give some examples of either Bush thumping on the Bible?
Hat har har.... I'll ask for examples to pester him.

Don't even get me started on the 8 years of discrimination against the LGBT, stem cell research, prayer in schools, abstinence only sex Ed, and a million other things that defined that presidency. George bush didn't approve of his own Vice Presidents gay daughter getting married because it conflicted with his "Christian values".

And don't even get me started on Mitt Romney. That guy proselytizes his religion across France for how many years? That is the definition of a bible thumper. A Christian who won't mind their own business beating their bible (or whatever book mormons read) over people's head. A guy who won't drink beer or coffee due to his holier than thou religion isn't someone I want representing my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies