Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 12:03 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

I am still holding out hope, but did I make a major mistake voting for Trump?

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.
I didn't vote for him in the first place.

I think I will grow weary of saying "I told you so" over the next four years.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:05 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.

Everyone is getting the same feeling.A big mistake was made.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:06 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
When Trump was playing "Lets get the media to give me some attention", I said that he wasn't fit for presidency.
Donald Trump is Donald Trump. He doesn't have to do much to get attention.

Quote:
He fed a lot of people with the idea that somehow he was going to bring back manufacturing jobs and pay unskilled labor a middle class wage where a family of 4 could live off of one income. Not going to happen regardless of who is in office. Those days are over. Now it is about who can be competitive in the global marketplace and remain competitive.
I feel like "Make America Great Again" is a joke. It was a joke to me from day one. The more I've learned about manufacturing, the more I see it's a joke. Things change. Technology has changed. Manufacturing requires more skill, more brain power than ever before.

As a side note, there is another side to me reasoning. I am 30 years old. I look at the time period I live in now. And then I look at the time period from many years ago. As a Black man, I can't think of a better time to be alive than any time after 1970. Perhaps it is because I can't view this in any other way but from a Black person's perspective. However, I am aware of history. I know I'm an American. I also know that the best America has ever been is from the 1970s now. Everyone has the same rights and freedoms. Whenever I hear "Make America Great Again", I think "We're already great. This is the greatest America has ever been".

Quote:
The second group of people are the White Nationalist who fear becoming a minority and not being able to have things the way they where for their grandparents, great grandparents and great great grandparents. Those days are over. Many want to take us back but it isn't going to happen.
I fear those types of individuals. Normally, I find the very trashy/scummy types who have very little political power in those groups. However, said persons feel emboldened by Trump. The question is this. Why? Why does these white supremacist/nationalist types feel emboldened by Trump? I haven't seen this in any other Presidential election in my lifetime.

Quote:
It is important for us to stop thinking out of emotions and start planning to really hold these people accountable for their actions. We cant be fooled by the media showing us a Trump figure to distract us.
Alot of people vote from a place of fear. Even I have done it. That is the thing with "Make America Great Again". It appeals to an emotion. It doesn't look at the reality.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:20 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:

Too late. You and all the others who empowered this sociopath, will have to wear his election around your necks, like a dead albatross.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:25 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Too late. You and all the others who empowered this sociopath, will have to wear his election around your necks, like a dead albatross.
It is what it is sadly. What's done is done. I do wonder if Trump will do things that a demagogue might do. That is what I'm scared of.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:35 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Everyone is getting the same feeling.A big mistake was made.
No. They aren't.

The person you are replying to:

Quote:
Trump is the Antichrist!
Read what the Antichrist is. They are a perfect match!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antichrist
//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ntichrist.html

Old 01-12-2017, 01:19 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Sure you did OP.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:28 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
A bunch of sour grapes here on this forum. Many of you are HRc OR Bernie SUPPOERTS TRYING TO SAY I VOTED FOR TRUMP!
In reality Trump s done more for Jobs and manufacturing than Obama has done. The country needs change for the better and purge the career politicians home.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:39 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
No. They aren't.

someone needs to repost this every 5-6 posts for those who are failing to read the entire thread.

btw, where's the OP?

Old 01-12-2017, 01:40 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
No. They aren't.

Just goes to prove it every time. When a progressive speaks, lies are being told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies