Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 08:17 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Love the Trump the man's man .. to heck with all that pomp and circumstance.. lets get down to the real business of running this country. DRAIN THE SWAMP!
Why in God's name are you people still saying that?! It makes NO SENSE anymore. None.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Appreciation rallies? LMAO... They were ego tours.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:22 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,281,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I never said it was a landslide. But it's not "barely" nor is that "slim". National votes are not what matters, and libs knew that before the election. They were all talking about the electoral votes and how Hillary was going to have over 300, gloating about a "landslide". Truth seems to hurt some liberals...not that I care.
No, I said Trump likes to call it a landslide, when his victory is actually at the bottom of the pile in terms of EC votes won. To transpose his victory onto an easier to understand scale of 100, with 1 being George Washington winning 100% of the EC votes and 100 being last place, the very bottom of the barrel , Trump would rank 79th.

And when you consider that about 100,000 votes combined in 3 states has Clinton winning, it is pretty slim by some margins. And please note that these margins are STATE popular vote numbers, so they do count in terms of deciding EC votes, and 100,000 swung the election to Trump.

He is legit, but it was actually close. When removing an average of 33,000 votes or so from each of 3 states from one candidate would change the outcome, thats a close call.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I don't care if he likes getting peed on by prostitutes or if he has a deal with the Russians to sell America down the river-- he's still my guy.
Why would you be okay with this? You're supposed to be patriotic I assume?

Old 01-12-2017, 08:30 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,625,545 times
I'm still okay with my vote. I am loving his cabinet picks from what I hear at the confirmation hearings. These guys are awesome. I am so psyched !

Is he unorthodox ? Totally. Do I think he will try and do the right thing for the country ? Absolutely. Will he ever get any credit for trying ? No. Never.

I'm happy, so shoot me.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:32 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,647,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

I am still holding out hope, but did I make a major mistake voting for Trump?

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.

Thank you so very much for your post.

I'm sorry that I don't have time right now to read the whole thread, but - as a liberal Democrat myself - I've been wondering this a lot. Clearly, there are far more Americans than I'd have imagined whose votes showed them to be selfish, bigoted, bullying ignoramuses. But there are a few who just seem to have misjudged the situation, or didn't read enough to see his horrible history, or were blinded by their hatred of Hillary, or perhaps voted early before some of the bad things surfaced.

I just want to commend you on your being straightforward about posting this. These forums seem heavily right-wing, and you may get a lot of grief for your honesty.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Never, Crooked Hillary would destroy the country.
Are you calling her crooked because of that university she ran that swindled people out of their money that wound up being settled out of court due to her political aspirations? Is that it?

Old 01-12-2017, 08:39 PM

800 posts, read 508,214 times
Maybe he made an election day decision to eenie meenie minie moe pull the lever for Trump but a quick check at the OP's past posts shows he is not even a lukewarm Trump supporter. He is in the minority. Almost every person who voted for him is still pleased with their decision. Theres always going to be people who have a hard time making decisions and who constantly change their minds and second guess their actions. Anyone who had any conviction in their vote will give him a good year in office before they change their mind.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:37 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I am not a lib nor a Conserv. I'm more to the left when it comes ot social issues and more to the right when it comes to economics. But I ended up voting Trump. Not everyone has to be ultra left or right.
In July you call him Anti-Christ and in November you vote for him? No wonder you are confused.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:40 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Maybe he made an election day decision to eenie meenie minie moe pull the lever for Trump but a quick check at the OP's past posts shows he is not even a lukewarm Trump supporter. He is in the minority. Almost every person who voted for him is still pleased with their decision. Theres always going to be people who have a hard time making decisions and who constantly change their minds and second guess their actions. Anyone who had any conviction in their vote will give him a good year in office before they change their mind.
Even reporters who hoped and prayed, just to demoralize his supporters mind you, that he would go back on his words are giving up. No pivoting on the horizon CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.