Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 04:52 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
No, Obama worked his way to his position and wasnt the product of being a spoiled little rich kid.
Read up on Obamas accomplishments you'll find he did more than just raise his hand once in a while.=
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama
Oh wow, I read it and it really made me feel better about the way he attempted to ruin this country.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:34 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
The main issue with Trump isn't his "extremism", which is mostly an exaggeration on his part, but this simple issue: He legitimately, probably has narcissistic personality disorder, and he has no control over it.

And that is the main issue, his lack of control. Hillary may well be the same way, but at least she can keep her "dark passenger" in check just long enough to have a debate or a press conference. Trump never stops and can't help himself. Every insult he feels he has to answer. He can't even deal with Saturday Night Live poking fun at him.

His whole life has been him talking himself up to everyone, including himself, that he is the best. He has to maintain that image no matter once and when the facade falls, he loses it and goes into childhood temper-tantrum mode.

Honestly, this will sound like a joke, but, hear me out: I think Dr. Drew should talk to him.

Why? He is a celebrity doctor and has been on television, both things Trump respects. He should seriously try to ease his way into becoming his personal physician, and slowly see if he can steer him toward having some therapy.

Trump is mental, but I don't blame you for hating Hillary. Honestly, when both hands are dipped in poo, which one do you shake?

Still, Trump is Trump, and always will be.

BTW...he sued to stop this very old documentary for being released.

This was way, WAY before he ran for office. This is him, in all his "glory." Watch it, and tell me if you regret voting for him more or less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XsANHGHlxk
True. It's a disorder and the man has needed help for many years. The ego (at the center of the disorder) has prevented him from getting the help he needs. No treatment at this advanced age.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Only in Congress for a term or two..that's all Obama had going for him huh?
Obama served four years in the US Senate, before that he was a state senator in Illinois for eight years. He was also a senior lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School during that time teaching two or three classes in the fall and winter terms, Constitutional Law III: Equal Protection and Substantive Due Process; Voting Rights and the Democratic Process; . He graduated from Harvard Law in 1991. He ran Illinois Project Vote, a voter registration drive, for much of 1992, and then accepted a position with the Chicago firm Miner, Barnhill & Galland. The firm specialized in political and civil rights work and neighborhood economic development work.

I will leave it up to you to compare that with Trump's resume
And in all that time what of note did he accomplish other than voting "present"?

Old 01-14-2017, 12:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And in all that time what of note did he accomplish other than voting "present"?
His "present" votes accounted for less than three percent of his total votes as a state senator. Got any other rightwing lies you want to throw in here?

Old 01-14-2017, 12:23 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
His reckless mouth and his reckless history of behavior are very concerning to me.

I look back over all the other candidates, from all the other parties (and I do mean ALL, even Jill Stein, bless her heart) and I realize that none of them were so reckless.

I think any of them, no matter how qualified or not I may have felt they were, would have be preferable to Donald Trump.

The US is a country, not a company. We cannot just file bankruptcy on building a wall if we aren't coming in on time or on budget. The government cannot save money by stiffing contractors. Trump is not the CEO of the USA.

And, that is what he seems to think this job is about. He's ignoring all these briefings because he thinks he already knows better than the entire government how to be a President.

No. He does not.
Of the Republican candidates we had, I wonder why Trump made it to the top. He seemed like the least fit. His recklessness is scary. I have to consider how he will conduct himself as President. This "just wait until he's President" thing is not really something I'm into.

His reckless mouth makes me wonder if that will translate to his policy making.

One thing about Donald Trump is this. He could end up running this country like a CEO. We might end up with corporate fascism. He won't listen to anyone. Sign of a dictator in the making.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Of the Republican candidates we had, I wonder why Trump made it to the top. He seemed like the least fit. His recklessness is scary. I have to consider how he will conduct himself as President. This "just wait until he's President" thing is not really something I'm into.

His reckless mouth makes me wonder if that will translate to his policy making.

One thing about Donald Trump is this. He could end up running this country like a CEO. We might end up with corporate fascism. He won't listen to anyone. Sign of a dictator in the making.
You mean like the one that's currently in office? <bold> Even his own people have said it's HIS WAY or the highway.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
His "present" votes accounted for less than three percent of his total votes as a state senator. Got any other rightwing lies you want to throw in here?
How about answering the question with FACTS instead of baseless insults?
What of note did he accomplish prior to being installed in the White House?

Old 01-14-2017, 12:43 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You mean like the one that's currently in office? <bold> Even his own people have said it's HIS WAY or the highway.
Crazy world when Obama supporters whine about Trump. They are the same just opposite ends of the spectrum.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

I am still holding out hope, but did I make a major mistake voting for Trump?

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.
No, I do not regret it for one minute: I never thought he would change, you don't change someone who is 70 years old. You can try but it isn't going to happen: I do not like him as a person, I think he is thin skinned and an egotist. He will never keep his mouth shut and is lacking in class. All reasons for not voting for him, but he is bringing a fresh look to the White House and hopefully some of his ideas will become reality.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
No, Obama worked his way to his position and wasnt the product of being a spoiled little rich kid.
Read up on Obamas accomplishments you'll find he did more than just raise his hand once in a while.=
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama
Oh come on: Obama was picked and groomed for his position from day one. He did little to prove himself. Just because wikipedia says something doesn't make it true. The democrat party and soros are responsible for his being our president, not how hard he worked. No he didn't come from a rich family like Trump but he certainly wasn't raised in poverty either and had the advantage of affirmative action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies