Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 12:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notinpa View Post
First time I ever voted , not one bit of regret yet . Also in ny , so I dint count for much .
Congratulations!

My first vote was for Reagan, which I'll never forget. The Dems and some Republicans treated him the same way, but not on the scale they're doing it to Trump. They were totally wrong about Reagan, now I'd bet they're completely wrong about Trump. They've underestimated him and he has crushed them every time, so these non-stop waves of chickenlittleness will meet the same fate.

The bolded: I live in CA where any non-dem vote hasn't counted for 30 years, except when we managed to oust Davis and replaced him with the Governator. He ended his 8 being fairly decent for being tied up by the CA Congress, and certainly far better than Brown v.2. (the ultimate testament to how dumbed down this state has become) has been. CA is further in the red than ever even after billions in new taxes.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Of the Republican candidates we had, I wonder why Trump made it to the top. He seemed like the least fit. His recklessness is scary. I have to consider how he will conduct himself as President. This "just wait until he's President" thing is not really something I'm into.

His reckless mouth makes me wonder if that will translate to his policy making.

One thing about Donald Trump is this. He could end up running this country like a CEO. We might end up with corporate fascism. He won't listen to anyone. Sign of a dictator in the making.
He attracted those looking for change and it became 1 man against about 8 others. I am not counting those who dropped out early in the campaign. I am guessing without him Rubio could have been our President elect, if not him, Christi or maybe Cruz, but unlikely. It could have even been Kasich.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:05 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He attracted those looking for change and it became 1 man against about 8 others. I am not counting those who dropped out early in the campaign. I am guessing without him Rubio could have been our President elect, if not him, Christi or maybe Cruz, but unlikely. It could have even been Kasich.
Worse, it could have been Bush

After all, he is who the Globalists expected/wanted. A Bush v Clinton (two snakes) would have been another win win for them.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:20 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Oh come on: Obama was picked and groomed for his position from day one. He did little to prove himself. Just because wikipedia says something doesn't make it true. The democrat party and soros are responsible for his being our president, not how hard he worked. No he didn't come from a rich family like Trump but he certainly wasn't raised in poverty either and had the advantage of affirmative action.
Not really, if it had been up to the DNC Hillary would have been nominated, not Obama, I'm not sure how you missed that it was pretty clear that Hillary was their pick and that Obama came out of nowhere and steamrolled her. And how about some proof that he benefited from affirmative action?

Old 01-14-2017, 01:30 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Congratulations!

My first vote was for Reagan, which I'll never forget. The Dems and some Republicans treated him the same way, but not on the scale they're doing it to Trump. They were totally wrong about Reagan, now I'd bet they're completely wrong about Trump. They've underestimated him and he has crushed them every time, so these non-stop waves of chickenlittleness will meet the same fate.

The bolded: I live in CA where any non-dem vote hasn't counted for 30 years, except when we managed to oust Davis and replaced him with the Governator. He ended his 8 being fairly decent for being tied up by the CA Congress, and certainly far better than Brown v.2. (the ultimate testament to how dumbed down this state has become) has been. CA is further in the red than ever even after billions in new taxes.
I voted against him but I never underestimated Trump, I suspected that he might pull out a win - of course I never dreamed that Russian hackers and James Comey would boost him over the finish line! This is the most dangerous person we've ever elected as President - by far. With his megalomaniac personality, his enormous wealth and his legions of fully brainwashed followers he could do immeasurable damage to America, some of which could be irreversible. No way Reagan or any other President in my lifetime was a risk for causing that sort of destruction - primarily because none of them would have ever thought about exercising that power even if they had it. They had morals and values and rational limits on their behavior that would have stopped them. Trump has NONE of those.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 01-14-2017 at 01:40 PM..

Old 01-14-2017, 04:42 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
I wanted John Kasich to be the Republican candidate.

As for change, not all change is good change. His reckless mouth turned me off.

There is one more thing. Donald Trump is as elite as they come. Many want the elites out of it. Trump is anot elite. He just wasn't in politics.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:31 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
Rule #1: People do not change. He is what he is ... an old bully losing his grip quickly. As far as tax returns are concerned, I would be far more interested in reading the results of a detailed examination conducted by an independent team of neurologists and psychiatrists. His behavior cannot be described merely as inexplicably unprofessional, dismissive, combative and irrational ... he has now firmly landed in the zone of aberrant, unhinged and potentially dangerous.

Donald Trump: Making America Cringe Again.

Even the Twittersphere is beginning to blush and that is no easy feat.
^THIS!

Old 01-14-2017, 08:54 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

I am still holding out hope, but did I make a major mistake voting for Trump?

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.
Well Trump's administration is looking almost like Bush Jr's so expect more supply side economics....

However, if you took Trump at face value during the campaign then that's on you. Letting his kids, with security clearance, run his "blind trust" is a slap to the face of Americans.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:57 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,307 times
Quote:
Oh come on: Obama was picked and groomed for his position from day one. He did little to prove himself. Just because wikipedia says something doesn't make it true. The democrat party and soros are responsible for his being our president, not how hard he worked. No he didn't come from a rich family like Trump but he certainly wasn't raised in poverty either and had the advantage of affirmative action.
Not at all. Hillary Clinton was expected to win the democratic nominee in 2008. Obama campaigned and won on populism and Trump did the same thing.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I voted against him but I never underestimated Trump, I suspected that he might pull out a win - of course I never dreamed that Russian hackers and James Comey would boost him over the finish line! This is the most dangerous person we've ever elected as President - by far. With his megalomaniac personality, his enormous wealth and his legions of fully brainwashed followers he could do immeasurable damage to America, some of which could be irreversible. No way Reagan or any other President in my lifetime was a risk for causing that sort of destruction - primarily because none of them would have ever thought about exercising that power even if they had it. They had morals and values and rational limits on their behavior that would have stopped them. Trump has NONE of those.
All of which you could say of the person currently residing in the White House (except for wealth when he started).
Forget the drivel and gossip of Russia and Comey as it's a fake story.

Obama, contrary to his devotees belief of his perfection and ability to walk on water has his own basket of flaws. One of which is the belief that no matter where he is HE is the smartest person in the room who constantly is having to deal with "commoners" who are wayyyy less smart than he.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies